[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I enrolled in a culinary arts class taught by some local chef

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1502095621744.jpg (11KB, 479x414px) Image search: [Google]
1502095621744.jpg
11KB, 479x414px
I enrolled in a culinary arts class taught by some local chef at a fine dining restaurant. Help me not look like a uneducated nigger /ck/. Any tips or tricks I can employ to not fuck up?
>>
>>9385352
dont burn the food.
>>
Bring your own sack of potatoes already peeled. Thank me later
>>
if you enrolled in a cooking class, then you're already uneducated. what are you asking, then? how to take a course without needing to get the education you're there to acquire?
>>
>>9385358
I have heard the endless potato chopping rumors but this is a high school level elective do you think he would cuck us like that?
>>
>>9385365
More like how not to fuck up so bad I look retarded
>>
>>9385372
stop giving a shit what other people think and go and learn how to cook.
>>
>>9385372
knife sharp, no stick in skin
also fuck off
>>
>>9385372
Oh then bring your own sack of potatoes already peeled. Thank >>9385358
later
>>
Go to the class, pay attention to what the teacher says and follow his instructions.

You're going to fuck something up, you don't know what you're doing. The teacher is going to expect you to fuck something up because he knows you don't know what your doing.

The majority of people there will probably fuck something up, because they don't know what they're doing either.

When you fuck something up, just laugh and say "that's why I'm taking a cooking class!"

It's how you learn from mistakes.
>>
>>9385352
It's traditional to go commando in a professional kitchen OP. You think I'm making this up, but it's 100% true. It slows down swamp ass on long shifts. If you want to fit in, ditch the second layer and go with loose-fitting pants. You'll be bending over a lot for ovens and cabinets, but everyone's accustomed to butt crack. You'll look like an idiot in boxers.
>>
Go with a boner and close the oven/drawers with your dick. It is unhygienic to touch the handles with the same hands you are cooking with
>>
>>9385352
>Help me not look like a uneducated nigger /ck/.
Why? You're taking a class. The whole point is that you are in fact an uneducated nigger and the chef is teaching you how to be an educated negro.
>>
Treat your station and tools with care.

>>9385853
^
>>
>>9385352
>walk in and wash your hands
>wear a hat
>learn how to hold a knife
>if you don't know something, ask, most chefs respect that
>don't wear shoes you like, they will be destroyed. In fact get non-slip shoes if you can.
>if he or she is a nazi about it, wear gloves
>use call words like "behind", "down the line" and "sharp". On that note don't wander around a kitchen with a knife unless it's pointed at the floor.
>>
>>9386120
Seconding everything this anon says. Be careful with sharp objects and communicate clearly and you'll do well. Kitchen etiquette is just as important as cooking skills.
>>
OP is not training to work in a commercial kitchen, he's taking a high school cooking class from a local chef.

He doesn't have to buy kitchen shoes and shout "Yes Chef!"

He just has to listen to his teacher and mind things like sharp knives and open burners.
>>
put a tiny bit of basil in your asshole.
Thank me later.
>>
>>9385352
There was a culinary school that we visited when I was in high school for a field trip. It was pretty neat, but it was in a bad neighborhood. While we were touring the kitchen the person giving the tour gestured towards the windows and explained that they hope to put up border walls blocking off the view of the shitty neighborhood so guests sitting outside could eat without looking at such trash.

It was my neighborhood.
>>
>>9385358
>>9385366
>>9385384
I can peel a 50 pound sack of potatoes in 35 minutes
Nothin personnel...
>>
>>9385366
This is a high school level elective.

You will probably learn basic kitchen sanitation (like how not to cross contaminate), basic knife skills (that means chopping a lot of vegetables), basic cooking and recipe techniques (how to sautee, boil pasta, etc) and probably some kind of final exam meal.

You're dumb teenagers, they're not going to expect to walk out of their fully trained culinary externs. They'll be happy if you can make spaghetti by the end of the class.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.