[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After making a few batches of pancakes and waffles recently I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: butter-melted.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
butter-melted.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
After making a few batches of pancakes and waffles recently I came across a problem. The recipes I have been using (from the Joy of Cooking) call for melted butter to be added to the batter. Now, understanding that hot melted butter will cook eggs on contact, I tried to let the butter stand and come down in temperature before adding it into the mix. However, instead of cooking the eggs, I turned my melted butter into butter droplets that are next to impossible to blend back into the mixture. Is there a better method for getting melted butter into the recipe? I'd rather not have to temper that shit.

Tl;dr
Melted butter turns into regular butter upon contact with pancake mixture, wat do?
>>
>understanding that hot melted butter will cook eggs on contact

Theres a middle ground in butter temperature that non-autistic people can figure out pretty easily. Pro tip: use a stove
>>
>>9385190
rectally insert the butter u faggot
>>
>>9385190
Bump for interest.
>>
>>9385190
>>9385190
If you use screaming hot butter then yes, it will cook your eggs. You don't need to use butter that hot, it just needs to be melted.
>>
>>9385190
Add the melted butter slowly to the batter. This actually will temper it as you mix, and won't curdle the eggs. I spent a year as a breakfast cook in a restaurant making belgian waffles and pancakes, and never once had a problem mixing in melted butter. Also, I hope you're whipping those egg whites and folding them in at the end.
>>
>>9385233
I was, but I think my girlfriend added too much milk, the batter separated and stratified.
>>
File: face.jpg (134KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
134KB, 720x576px
butter melts at a much lower temperature than eggs cook.

are all your other ingredients straight out of the fridge? try letting them come up to room temp.
>>
HOT BUTTER
COLD MILK
NO LUMPS
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.