[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ck/, I need your help crafting a recipe. I have an intense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: bakedmacandcheese.jpg (40KB, 616x462px) Image search: [Google]
bakedmacandcheese.jpg
40KB, 616x462px
/ck/, I need your help crafting a recipe.

I have an intense craving for a baked vegetable mac and cheese that my mother used to make. No breadcrumbs, nice spiral pasta. The highlight was a combination of red, orange, and yellow bell peppers throughout. Problem is I'm struggling to figure out the appropriate cheese to use, and to decide on onions or not.

I'll throw out some speculation in further posts, but just wanted to get the ball rolling. Any ideas are greatly appreciated, and feel free to post your own recipes that could use some /ck/ advice.
>>
File: gruyereforants.jpg (11KB, 244x207px) Image search: [Google]
gruyereforants.jpg
11KB, 244x207px
>>9384121

I have a block of pic related, but I'm not sure if I want to go for nuttiness paired with the peppers. Other than this I've considered fontina and havarti, but not much else.
>>
Grana padano
Jarlsberg
White cheddar
>>
What cheese did your mother use, OP? You could always ask her.
>>
>>9384134
Looks good. How thick are you cutting the peppers?
>>
>>9384121
Saute the onions if you do use them. I also would recommend buying Sodium Citrate online to make your sauce emulsify.
>>
>>9384476
I appreciate the heads up towards Grana padano. I've never heard of it before but it seems right up my alley, and like it would work well for a potential alfredo sauce.

>>9384501
I'll be asking her sometime around 12:30 when she gets home for her lunch break. I've already given my father the heads up to have her buzz me around then. I just wanted to get the ideas flowing beforehand because like I say, I'm craving this real bad.

>>9384536
Think half inch thick, long vertical slices of pepper. Like if you cut the moon into oblong crescents. They tend to keep their bite that way better than when I've had peppers cut smaller or diced.

>>9384561
I'm hesitant to hop on board the onion train despite the fact that I really love them, because I want the peppers to particularly shine. I'll definitely consider a light sautee if I go that route.
>>
>>9384501
>>9384678
Turns out she used Velveeta. Who knew that stuff could be so good?!
>>
>>9386064
Why are you pretending to be me?
She took a long lunch and hasn't gotten back to me yet
>>
>>9386064
>>9386086

Actually worse yet, I lost my wallet so no trip to the store to get what I need. She did get in touch, and it turns out I could have trusted my instinct and gone with the fontina, that's what she used. Need to replace my cards tomorrow, but since it's a holiday in the states there's no bank open to help me right now.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.