[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need dinner ideas. My partner is a picky eater and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: nothx.jpg (29KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
nothx.jpg
29KB, 800x533px
I need dinner ideas. My partner is a picky eater and I'm an inexperienced cook who gets anxious the moment I look at an oven.
I'm trying to get better, but I need some ideas that he will eat too. To give you some perspective, his picky eating is so bad that he's going to a doctor to get checked for an eating disorder.

> Meat is good
> Sugar is ok
> NO FUCKING FRUITS
> NO FUCKING VEGETABLES
> Unless it's steamed broccoli or raw carrots
> Spicy is bad but heat is ok
> Pizza ok and pasta ok
> We had dumplings at a chinese restaurant once and he didn't cry
> Garlic is good. Onions are cunts

He likes cheest, but I fucking hate it. If your idea involves cheese, I'm desperate enough to try it anyway.
>>
>>9382921
A match made in heaven
>>
>>9382921
Chicken breast. Steamed broccoli. Brown rice. Get /fit/. I assume you're a gay couple?
>>
>>9382965
Nah. I'm a shit housewife, and he's just acting like a faggot.
>>
murder-suicide seems appropriate
>>
Meat, rice, and broccoli. It's pretty much impossible to mess up too bad.
>>
>>9382973
Baked chili cheese dogs.
https://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/oven-baked-chili-cheese-dogs/

I don't know if he would like this, but Pennsylvania Dutch "slippery pot-pie".

Or you could just bread some boneless chicken breasts, fry it for a few minutes and then put it into a baking pan, bake it in fresh mushroom spaghetti sauce with plenty of parm cheese in the sauce. Top liberally with shredded mozzarella. boil some noodles, and lay the chicken on a bed of noodles when both are cooked.
>>
>>9382973
jej
>>
>>9382921
Dump him, learn to cook, get with someone who knows how to cook and has good taste.
>>
Please check out my new website, it's designed to help you use up any of those stray ingredients in the fridge, you might find some ideas!

https://notsosloppyseconds.wixsite.com/notsosloppyseconds
>>
>>9382973
Dump his manchild ass.
>>
>>9382921
>>9382973
lel
you should tell him that.
I'm gonna go ahead and say that your husband is a certifried faggot.
Catering to picky eaters is the worst shit.
You always have to make separate considerations for those faggots.
Can't buy one pizza, have to buy a separate cheese pizza for one faggot.
Cut your dish ideas in half because some faggot is a vegetarian.

At least with allergies you can be understanding
>>
>>9383039
I can't stand picky eaters, there are only a few things I will not eat. Potato/Macaroni salad and coleslaw are the only two things I can think of. I would eat raccoon meat before coleslaw.
>>
>>9382921
chicken cordon bleu, i always serve mine with steamed broccoli.
Shrimp scampi.
Chicken Savoy (has lots of garlic)
Meatloaf (grate a carrot and add to mixture, will make it moist and u wont even know its ther).
Biscuits and gravy.
Pancakes for dinner
>>
Have you tried looking at Japanese/Korean recipes? It pretty much fits the bill on what you're looking for. The sauces are a snap to pull together and most (if not all) ingredients are readily available at most grocery stores nowadays. And for the most part, I can cook these things in one pan, two tops (I'm a lazy chef).

Off the top of my head, some things I'd recommend are...

Yakitori - Basically like chicken kebabs with a sweet soy glaze. Except if you don't have a grill, try heating your oven to 450 degrees and roasting them in a pan for similar results.

Bulgogi - Shaved meat stir fried in a Korean bbq sauce. I say meat because I see variations that include beef, pork, chicken, lamb, sometimes even shrimp. I usually find these aren't as sweet as a lot of japanese style sauces (a lot of recipes I find use fruit juice instead of sugar for sweetness) but oh damn are they good. There's also a little bit of heat from the spices, but you can tone it down by cutting back on the red chili powder If you see onions in a recipe, try subbing them for green onions instead. It won't be nearly as strong in flavor. Just let that simmer in one pan until cooked and you're good to go. Bonus points if you can find thinly sliced meat already packed.

Hamburg Steak - Basically a bigger burger patty with sauce on top. Okay I know, you can fry up a normal steak no problem and get similar results. But I like recommending this to cooks who aren't very confident in their skills because it's usually a fail safe option to a good cut of steak (the only thing worse than no steak is bad steak). Even if you overcook it it'll still be juicy and tender. Plus you make the sauce in the same pan you cooked them in while your meat is resting. Most recipes use onions, so you can substitute for mushrooms (preferably shiitake but any work) or cabbage. Just be sure to mince it up real small beforehand so it releases enough water.

Anyways I'm done ranting. Hope these help!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.