[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started drinking a bowl of miso soup with every meal, western

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Simple-Miso-Soup-2[1].jpg (902KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
Simple-Miso-Soup-2[1].jpg
902KB, 2272x1704px
I started drinking a bowl of miso soup with every meal, western or eastern. It's just so refreshing, now I understand why the Japs do it.
>>
>>9380549
Yeah, it's good stuff. And the other nice thing about miso soup is that it's easy as fuck to make.
Even doing it the 100% from-scratch method is very fast compared to most soups.
>>
>>9380559
>>9380549

But you still gotta DO it. I don't want to add another dirty pot to every single meal just for a cup of miso water. OP do you make a bunch ahead of time or something?
>>
>>9380564
I make a batch and keep it in thermos.
>>
>>9380564
>But you still gotta DO it.
Yeah, and? This is a cooking board. We cook here. And making miso soup, even from scratch, is about as easy as it gets. It's on the same effort level as making a grilled cheese sandwich.

>>another dirty pot
Doesn't bother me at all. I just chuck it in the dishwasher with the rest of my dirty cookware. And if you're being ultra lazy you can simply make it directly in your soup bowl/cup by using instant dashi.
>>
>>9380582
>simply make it directly in your soup bowl/cup by using instant dashi.
can't skim the scum
no way I'm making it that way
>>
File: hondashi.jpg (95KB, 745x414px) Image search: [Google]
hondashi.jpg
95KB, 745x414px
>>9380587
What sort of off-brand shit are you using? I've never encountered any scum making miso soup either from scratch or with pic related.

If you have scum you're doing something very wrong. Describe your procedure.

Oh, and if you're extra-super-lazy you can even buy miso that already has the bonito flavor added!
>>
>>9380603
I use pic related.
I boil water and put in instant dashi.
>>
>>9380587
>can't skim the scum
You can skim in a cup the same way you'd skim in a pot, anon.

But >>9380603 certainly has a point. WTF are you doing that there is scum in your miso soup?
>>
>>9380604
Then how are you getting any scum at all? That stuff never creates scum when I use it.

Are you perhaps boiling the soup too hard after you add the miso, tofu, etc? You don't actually need to boil miso soup. A gentle simmer is all you need, if even that, really. Hot is plenty good enough. No need to actually boil.
>>
File: fc2blog_20160515151221c6f.jpg (19KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
fc2blog_20160515151221c6f.jpg
19KB, 600x600px
>>9380582
you can add such stuff
>>
>>9380620
No, I make the dashi first, then skim, then add the rest. Maybe the water is too hot?
>>
>>9380675
Whenever I put that stuff in hot/boiling water it never creates anything to skim. It dissolves and leaves no trace behind. Maybe a water quality issue? I heard that excessively "hard" water can create problems with foaming/scum.
>>
>>9380694
probably water quality. I have to filter my tap water for tea and drinking, too.
>>
Miso soup has become my easy, everyday go-to soup, especially if I'm feeling like ass. Easy, cheap, healthy, delicious. If I'm being lazy, I make it basic (dashi, miso, cubed tofu, wakame). If I'm not being a lazy ass, I'll add other stuff like mushrooms, scallions, tiny bokchoy leaves or other cabbage, etc.
>>
>>9380820
>healthy
Sodium: 1000mg
Dumbass
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.