[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to defrost salmon? Quickly in cold water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

What's the best way to defrost salmon? Quickly in cold water or slowly in the fridge?
>>
Hairdryer
>>
>Quickly in cold water or slowly in the fridge?
It depends on when you want to eat it what kind of dumb question is that
>>
>>9378835
Do whatever suits your situation best. I've baked salmon filets from frozen and you would never even know. Probably not best for the thicker steaks though.
>>
>>9378847
Some people have told me that defrosting quickly ruins the texture while others have said the exact opposite.

The time difference doesn't really matter, I'm more concerned about if one method affects the texture more.
>>
>>9378835
Quick thawed salmon, and pretty much all fish, tastes noticeably worse. As a rule you should always thaw in the fridge if you can.
>>
>>9378868
What's the science behind this rule?
>>
I'd defrost it in the fridge to ensure that it doesn't enter the danger zone.
>>
>>9378870
E=mc^2
>>
>>9378835
Not freezing it to begin with.
>>
>>9378835

Fridge. Using cold water on seafood, even when completely waterproofed, can make it mushy in my experience.
>>
>>9378870
There isn't any, really. The damage to the tissue comes when the ice crystals form. The sharp edges tear up the cell walls. This is what causes the meat to be mushy when it is thawed out. It doesn't matter whether you thaw it fast or slow, the damage happened at freezing time.
>>
>>9378835
it's going to have worms in it, OP.
Get fresh fish from a fishmonger
>>
>>9378835
It's gonna taste like ass either way you do it.
Don't freeze fish.
>>
You know the answer to this already shit bird
>>
Put it in ur butt
>>
>>9378835
By not buying frozen fish
>>
>>9382770
this right here
if you're going to buy salmon then don't be so damn cheap about it.
>>
>>9378835
quickly in hot water
>>
>>9382891
>>9382770
Pretty much all Fish is flash frozen in any market except fish you buy directly from a day boat market
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.