[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /CK/'s opinion on the Döner? Been in Germany

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

File: thisisnowadoenerthread.jpg (109KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
thisisnowadoenerthread.jpg
109KB, 1024x683px
What's /CK/'s opinion on the Döner?

Been in Germany a while now, and had a couple of these guys. Tasty and cheap, but concerned about the rate of sanitation employed by the Turks that make em. Anyone made them at home?
>>
A good döner is a godly snack. Which is fitting, since actually finding a good döner is a herculean task.
>>
Yeah, small döner shacks (or kebab as we call them in France) are mostly dirty. Someone even died after eating one in France.
Good junk food, just be wary of sanitation indeed. I am not the type of person who freaks out because there's a fly in the restaurant but I always double-check the döner place. Or I usually go back to the same place.

Anyway, the best döner I had was in Romania, for some odd reason. Much cleaner too, since it was a McDonald's style of stand in some large mall.
>>
sanitation-wise xou just have to go and see yourself. if the place looks disgusting, dont buy it there. But german standards are pretty high and they will fine you if you dont match em so you should be ok in most places.
>>
>>9375944
wtf i love muslims now
>>
>>9375944
In Amsterdam there is this doner shack which is outstanding I happen to life next door. Unfortuntely they are on vacation. Its actually making me feel depressed. Beste doner is the best doner
>>
I fucking love döner.
>>
Unsanitary places get shut down pretty quickly in Germany, so you don't have to worry about that.
You'll find the best döner in town by looking out for places with many people in front of them around lunch time.

For the love of god, don't ever put cocktail sauce on your döner, please.
Get the yogurt sauce (cacik).
>>
lamb kofte is the patrician kebab
>>
>>9375997
I don't, just love the food
>>
>>9376026
get all the sauces mate
>>
>>9375944
Until I find "my" place I just try different places, then I just go to the same place. Here in France there's story time to time, but I think in Germany it should be safe. Also most of our kebabs are not made by Turks, but by different people (Lebanese, Maghrebins, Armenian,...), which let you chose something else if the skewer looks strange.

Also what sauce do you put in your?

>Blanche/harissa
>>
Dürüm or bread /ck/?
>>
If I'm 35% native american (dark brown hair, black eyes, puffy lips) but come to Europe will I be able to get a donor without having spit in it?
>>
>>9375944
gyro>pastor>doner>shawarma
>>
>There are people here who unironically purchase and consume this unsanitary salt laden Halal muslim-meat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKpH6Lzz-ug

If you eat this shit you need to re-evaluate your life.
>>
>>9376043
dürüm when on the go
bread when you have a place to sit down

bread is supirior in taste (if its the good bread and they toast it before) but dürüm is more convinient
>>
>>9376044
Let's see these sexy BJ lips, for food and cooking related purposes.
>>
>>9375944
how can i make it at home? anyone has a good recipe?
>>
Love them. Sadly, they don't really do them right in Singapore, outside of proper restaurants.
>sweet chili sauce instead of harissa
Fucking criminal
>>
>>9375944
the meat is VERY low quality
don't buy it
don't eat it
>>
File: matsläkten+002.jpg (206KB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
matsläkten+002.jpg
206KB, 1600x1068px
>>9375944
Döner, or kebab as we call it in Sweden, is amazing. Especially on pizza.
>>
>>9376133
depends on the place you dumbfuck. Just fucking look at the meat before you decide on eating at a joint
>>
Obviously you know nothing about Döner.
>>
>>9376135
absolutely halal
>>
>>9376100
its hard. you wont be able to really get the taste right at home
>>
Had the best Doner in Berlin, apparently. (Mustafa's) waited 40 minutes in line. Was very good, but Gyros are a far superior sandwich, and without the guilt of monetarily supporting a mudslime. I have no idea why they're so much more popular than gyro in yurop. Kebab barely exists in the States.
>>
>>9376400
somehow i dobut that something thats made by millions of people using regular ingredients i can get at the grocery store is beyond my skills
>>
>>9375944
best to make seekh kebab at home really
>>
File: Doenerschneider-3-web-mw.jpg (142KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Doenerschneider-3-web-mw.jpg
142KB, 1200x1200px
>>9375944
Shouldn't really be worried about Döner in Germany. It is often mass produced in meat factories or by a local bucher and then delivered to the Döner place.

Only reason why Döner is so wide-spread in Germany is because it is really easy to run a Döner shop, you need to know how to properly slice veggies, how to frie fries and how to do basic bookkeeping, Dönertech advanced far enought in Germany to make sure that cutting meat is a non-issue, there are designated cutters and even robots for that.
>>
Ehh what doesn't kill you makes you stronger
>>
I live in Italy and these are everywhere, ranging from gross and greasy to hearty and delicious. We call them panini kebabs, as opposed to just kebabs as high are the ones made with a tortilla wrap. I've made the latter at home a few times, you can find the pre-sliced meat in most supermarkets.
>>
>>9376446

You can get pre-sliced stuff at home but it's just not the same as the meat that's sliced out straight from those big vertical grills used at kebab restaurants..
>>
>>9376493
Panini is an abomination

Fuck you
>>
>>9376520
You can also buy your own small vertical grill. They are actually rather neat for other things as well, you can also use them to roast chicken or fish and they aren't really that expensive, they cost 50€.
>>
>>9376520
yeah, its not the same without the grill but im pretty sure i can make it with an oven
>>
I like to get a Döner with just meat and sauce, not veggies. But the Dönermann always judges me and asks "no vegetables?? why??" so i don't like buying them.
one time i went for a Döner anyway, and he asked me why i don't want vegetables and i awkwardly stuttered "h..heh, vegetables aren't my style".
never went back there
>>
>>9375944

Disregard sanitation. Acquire Doner.

Best I ever had was in Schwetzingen. Down their main platz near the train station.
>>
They're tasty fast food
>>
>>9375993
>Someone even died after eating one in France.
OMG that's like terrible. Shut down all kebab shops! #notmykebab
>>
>>9376565
>the Dönermann always judges me and asks "no vegetables?? why??" so i don't like buying them.

go be a retard somewhere else
>>
>>9376565
that's just the usual turkish banter m8. Banter back and don't be a bitch
>>
>>9376565
>so i don't like buying them.
Why?

Isn't it really easy to simply answer: "I just don't like them". or "I'm allergic", or any number of other possible replies?
>>
>>9376613
>>9376614
Now that you mention it, I should just stop being a little bitch, yes
>>
A place near me does doner meat curries. I had doner meat vindaloos on wednesday and thursday. Very unhealthy but they're so addictive.
>>
File: gyro.jpg (187KB, 1280x925px) Image search: [Google]
gyro.jpg
187KB, 1280x925px
Here in Tennessee it can be hard to find Döner. Plenty of gyro shops, but no döner .
>>
File: pulledporkbarbecue.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pulledporkbarbecue.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>9377221
We do have plenty of good barbecue places though.
>>
>>9376582
I'm in Mannheim, very close. There are a bunch by the Hauptplatz, which one?
>>
We have a bastard stepchild version called a donair here in east coast Canada, and I enjoy them.
>>
>>9375944
I FUCKING LOVE AND MISS DÖNER

lamm döner mit schaff? bitte.
4€ for a meal to hold me over for the next 6 hours? yes please.
delicious and made with decent infredients? FUCK ME NOW

österreich uber alles
>>
>>9376602
agreed, all life is precious #jesuisdöner #banassaultkebabs
>>
>>9375944

Some of the best food I had in Berlin was Turkish. What a fucking awesome city with some really cool people. The sumac on the top really does the dish wonders too.

Sumac: The fruits (drupes) of the genus Rhus are ground into a reddish-purple powder used as a spice in Middle Eastern cuisine to add a tart, lemony taste to salads or meat.[5] In Arab cuisine, it is used as a garnish on meze dishes such as hummus and tashi, and is added to salads in the Levant. In Iranian, Afghan and Kurdish cuisines, sumac is added to rice or kebab. In Jordanian and Turkish cuisines, it is added to salad-servings of kebab and lahmajoun. Rhus coriaria is used in the spice mixture za'atar.
>>
>>9376135
>kebabpizza
Wtf, is this real life?
>>
>>9379541
I miss Berlin too, how long was your stay?
>>
>>9379661
yeah, it's one of the most commonly ordered pizzas in Sweden.
>>
File: 1456.jpg (172KB, 1400x903px) Image search: [Google]
1456.jpg
172KB, 1400x903px
>>9379541
It's weird how rare actual Turkish restaurants are here in Germany. It's always just doner shops. The one I did find makes some amazing stuff, though.
>>
>>9376043

Lahmacun.
>>
You can buy proper döner from a certified halal butcher, i.e. the place where all Muslims buy their meat. It's difficult to find such place, because in my area they do not advertise themselves. It helps to have some connections, or ask your local butcher where to find one.

Also, Muslims do not eat the garbage döner they serve to Europeans, it usually refuse from slaughtered animals.
>>
File: MaistukoKebaba.jpg (46KB, 518x603px) Image search: [Google]
MaistukoKebaba.jpg
46KB, 518x603px
>>
>>9375944
What's the purple stuff?
>>
>>9380605

red cabbage, it's not a real german döner without it
>>
We have about 4 Döner shacks in my city (<20.000 inhabitants) and only one of them is decent, but holy shit is that one good. Great sanitation, fresh bread for everyone and the meat is actually ok too. Its great all around. Has gotten so much better since the previous owner hanged himself
>>
>>9376044
First of all, döners are made in front of you so you will see if they spit in it
Second, Döner people are usually really chill and nice people, so i highly doubt it. You will probably only get shit if you are skinhead/Nazi openly, which isnt the case with you
>>
>>9376565
Sorry, but are you autistic? I wont judge you if you are, just curious.
>>
>>9376100
I've made it just by sauteing the chicken and it's still good, but you really need to be able to shave the meat off a large skewer to recreate the taste, which is challenging/takes some extra equipment
>>
>>9376164
it's burnt anyway,how can you see any difference
smelling the raw meat would give you information, but once the meat is cooked, it's over
>>
File: 1491163277686.jpg (57KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491163277686.jpg
57KB, 531x800px
>>9375944
Shawarma in Denmark
https://youtu.be/ukRTeVhQeNU
>>
garbage
it's just rubber pseudo-meat made out of eyelids and foreskins
the other stuff they put in doners is fine (salad, tomato, dressing, etc) but you can get all that stuff anywhere for literally cents
>>
>>9375944
Cleanish one in NY styled like subway was a 10/10. Greasy juicy lamb gyros for 4$. Falafel on the side for 50c. Would head across the station to a bodega for an Arizona tea.
>>
>>9376036
Algérienne
>>
Lamb or chicken /ck/?
>>
>>9379697
They are not rare at all. No idea what Kaff you live but here in Cologne I know around 5 really really good turkish restaurants.
>>
greetings from /pol/

just a quick reminder that the prophet muhammad was a child rapist, have a good day
>>
>>9375944
i've never touched a döner in Germany, by buying them you're sponsoring turkfucks and you know the govt's attitude, turks are allowed everything and your demand only encourages them to throw more shit in döners and ignore sanitary rules.

tried a few döners in Poland tho, some 7/10 some 9/10 and good price, many donermakers are white and non-whites are nice and everything is clean and at least mid-tier quality, not absolute-shit-tier like in germany.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.