[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I was being judged by people who had less knowledge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: antonego.jpg (43KB, 700x295px) Image search: [Google]
antonego.jpg
43KB, 700x295px
>"I was being judged by people who had less knowledge than me, so what was it truly worth? I gave Michelin inspectors too much respect, and I belittled myself. I had three options: I could be a prisoner of my world and continue to work six days a week, I could live a lie and charge high prices and not be behind the stove or I could give my stars back, spend time with my children and re-invent myself."

Why do we trust food critics so much? Guys like Joe Bastianich from Masterchef can barely cook anything. Yet he's a respected judge on that show, a show about cooking.

A Michelin inspector has the right to award Michelin stars but he himself has never earned a star.
>>
Is that a Marco quote?

What I don't understand is why people give so much credence to a tire company when it comes to high cuisine.
>>
>>9363893
t. No clue how the Michelin system works
>>
>>9363893
Someone has no idea how the Michelin works....
>>
>>9363899
>>9363918
Unless you guys are a Michelin inspector yourselves. No one knows exactly how the system works except that you need to do well on three points, ambiance, service and food.
>>
>>9363898
>Is that a Marco quote?
As if you don't already Knorr
>>
Do we?
>>
>>9363893
I don't think anyone besides the industry and foodies give a flying fuck about Michelin stars. Most people don't even realize it's the same Michelin that sells fucking tires and has a mascot that looks like Mr. Staypuft

Getting that 2nd or 3rd star is major bragging rights and can bring in the whales, though. The problem is you can lose them from year to year - it's not like a fucking oscar, where you're always an oscar winner. Arguably it's worse to have earned one and lost it than never earned one at all.
>>
>>9364018
>I don't think anyone besides their customers give a flying fuck about Michelin stars
HURR
>>
>>9363899
how does it work ?
>>
>>9363893
>Joe Bastianich
His opinion was always a bit of a joke on the show, and I think he knew it with the throwing dishes in the trash dramatics and trying to act angry when he didn't like something, rather than just expecting the contestants to respect his judgement.
>>
>>9364029
>Restaraunts are sustained by foodies and chefs

pftahahaha no
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.