[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, question to any chefbros, I've been told almost incessently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1503660452571.jpg (82KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1503660452571.jpg
82KB, 640x640px
Hey, question to any chefbros, I've been told almost incessently by a chef friend of mine that cooks always drink on the job, and get high fairly often (and sometimes in the kitchen), to deal with the stress of work. Is there any truth in this?
>>
>>9363247
It's absolutely true. Professional chefs are under more stress than just about anyone else.
>>
Most cooks imbibe in something, smoking isnt uncommon, getting shithoused after work is frequent, but only alcoholics get stinky on the job and if a cook gets high you can be assured your dish will taste like absolute dogshit.
>>
>>9363247
Oh fuck yeah. Mostly pot though through vape lately as it's easier to conceal than a flask I don't find the stress that bad even in high-volume situations but some people just can't go without it.

Honestly servers are worse, those fuckers are high all day.
>>
So none of you have read Kitchen Confidential then.
>>
File: edward_norton.jpg (697KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
edward_norton.jpg
697KB, 1680x1050px
>>9363253
I have to disagree with you there. I worked under a chef that was stoned all the time and he cooked amazing food and wrote amazing menus.

Perhaps it's a matter of tolerance? I dunno but he was a knowledgeable chef and a solid cook when the shit hit the fan.
>>
>>9363262
Bourdain can suck my dick tbqh, but most of that book is accurate.
>>
>>9363252
Yeah, those EMS pansies should get real jobs.

"""""Professional chefs""""" are some of the most self-important morons imaginable
>>
>>9363272

You really are a fancy lad.
>>
>>9363247
They don't drink here but they use a cheeky line of coke when the pressure is on
>>
File: 190723_1836802248257_7463102_n.jpg (57KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
190723_1836802248257_7463102_n.jpg
57KB, 604x453px
>>9363276
Why thank you. I try to be presentable.
>>
>>9363304

Gotdamn I love Hillbilly life. I love pissing right outside my home.
>>
When I cooked I was all about Xanax, cocaine and booze.
Now I'm a pussy and don't do drugs
>>
>>9363269
It's a 1-in-100 kind of deal. Some people toke 24/7 and are fantastic at what they do
Most of them are absolute shit
Getting high is great and cooking high is great, but I'd never in a million fucking years let myself or anybody I know who smokes try and serve sober people food they made baked, because its usually only good BECAUSE you're baked
>>
>>9363304
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmMF8vzPuiA
>>
>>9363275
This. Cooks don't get stoned and drunk on the job just because it's stressful. I don't hear about many EMS workers or surgeons having to get shithammered to cope with the job. Cooks are drug fueled alcoholics because they are mostly degenerate low lifes who somewhere along the lines fucked up bad enough to have to do an awful job with long hard hours for low pay.
>>
>>9363255
My father is the manager of a state-famous restaurant. He says the staff are purely mediocre in their work, and whenever somebody with actual ability and talent comes into the job, they almost collectively scheme on how to eliminate him after a month or so. There's strictly always one asshole that cooks worth shit but stays through brown-nosing the boss who seems incapable of making an educated decision. They often actually sell weed on the property. This comes into light through them being absolutely shit when it comes to being a dealer.

So yeah. But is seems alcohol and drugs are common in all fields of work in general.

But fuck would I know honestly
>>
>>9363345
Tell about your relationship with your mother.
>>
I get drunk before work and after work, but when I'm on the line I take a combo of adderall and klonopin, drink lots of water, and take a smoke break every hour if I can.
>>
>>9363491
I power water too and I don't even need to take a piss break. I think it's because my body is just like "OMG YES WATER FINALLY" and just absorbs it all.
>>
>>9363471

Tell me about your relationship with your nigger. Did it coon you into a jiggaboo of spooks?
>>
>>9363510

>don't even need to take a piss break

Me neither, pretty much ever, but I sweat like fuck. Still get daily random hugs and shit from FoH cuties.
>>
>>9363345
>I don't hear about many EMS workers or surgeons having to get shithammered to cope with the job.
Do you actually know many EMTs?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.