[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've got some chicken thighs that have been sitting in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

So I've got some chicken thighs that have been sitting in my freezer for a month.

I'd like something savory and crispy. Should I sear the thighs first and then finish them in the oven, or the other way around? I've heard of people doing either with steak for a nice outer crust and tender interior.

I was initially thinking about braising them, but I've got a lot and was thinking more of making them all at once so I could eat with anything.
>>
>>9361836
whack them to even thickness underneath a sheet of plastic
put in a cold pan, skin side down, start on medium heat
5-6 min per side
done
they'll be extrwa cwispy

be sure to pat extremely dry and salt the skin well before cooking
>>
>>9361846
forgot to mention, debone them before whacking them down
save bones for stock or whatever
or throw them in a pot of rice before cooking along with spices for some chikin' rice
>>
However you cook them, make sure they're completely dry before you do. It helps the skin crisp.
You can coat them very heavily with salt and let them rest uncovered in the fridge for a couple hours, then rinse them and pat them dry again then season. This will bring a lot of moisture out.
>>
>>9361851
>>9361846

also score the skin so they stay nice and flat.
>>
>>9361836
I cook thighs all the time. Honestly you can just let them that, season them, then throw them in the oven at 425f for 30min and they come out sufficiently crisp. The skin is the only part that really crisps anyhow. I suggest using a broiling tray or something to keep them from sitting in their own grease
>>
>>9361846
I think I'll do this. I made a mistake and they're actually boneless/skinless. I don't know what the fuck I was thinking when I bought them.
>>
File: 49er pepe 13.png (247KB, 560x548px) Image search: [Google]
49er pepe 13.png
247KB, 560x548px
>>9361851
>throw them in a pot of rice before cooking along with spices for some chikin' rice
can you tell me what spices go good with rice anon.
>>
>>9361875
It's white rice. Just throw whatever you want in with the rice. I like putting garlic, whole black peppercorns, and a sliver of green pepper.

Case in point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf75I9LKhvg
>>
>>9361907
is it just me, or does gordon have to pee really bad for most of this video?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.