[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /ck/'s favorite way to prepare veggies? I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

What is /ck/'s favorite way to prepare veggies?

I'll start
>light seasoning
>oven roasted
Fuckin money
>>
Diced and cooked in a pan with butter and plenty of seasoning
>>
Steamed until crisp tender with a little bit of salt, pepper, and butter on top

Herb or garlic butter if you're feelin' fancy
>>
>>9361490
I'm so autistic that I always ruin steamed veg.
How do?
>>
I just wash vegetables and eat them raw
>>
>>9361512
Ruin how? Do they get soggy? Just cook them less, dummy!
>>
>>9361512
Look up cooking times for the veggies and then set a timer.

For example, broccoli takes 7 mins, any longer and it'll turn yellow, start tasting funny and lose nutrients. So make sure you don't overcook them.

I find that steaming can preserve a lot of natural sweetness, so the veggies don't need much after that (except the aforementioned salt, pepper etc.)

Good luck anon!
>>
Stir fry with some salt, pepper, minced garlic and ginger.
>>
>>9361464
>heavenly seasoned
>fried in oil
>>
Juicing is pretty great if you have a solid, masticating juicer. Carrot + canteloupe is my go to until the later goes out of season.
>>
Pan, olive oil, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper, and heavy cream or wine because I need the sauce.
>>
I like to roughly dice them into decent sized chunks, toss with salt pepper and olive oil, broil on full until they're nicely browned but only slightly softened, toss with pasta, pancetta, fresh basil and a splash of vinegar. I switch it up by using different vegetables and pasta shapes, and occasionally swapping the pancetta for chicken, sausage or bacon. This is my go to lunch though with courgette, red onion and red bell pepper.
>>
>>9362947
Same. How long does your cooking process usually take? It takes me about 10 minutes to cook depending if I use broccoli or not.
>>
File: a.jpg (124KB, 980x650px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
124KB, 980x650px
microwave with salt, pepper, and a large spoon of minced garlic from the 3 pound jars you get at costco.
>>
I mostly steam and then finish with olive oil.

>most favorite restaurant of all time
>going for my birthday
>order the vegetable oasis
>30 different vegetable dishes
>all prepared individually and with different seasonings and/or sauces
>some are steamed
>some roasted
>sauteed
>braised
>raw
>grilled
>you have to order 4 hours in advance

One of the best meals I have ever had
>>
Are there seasonings that don't give heartburn? I've yet to find a seasoning that didn't either make my chest hurt or make me vomit. I can't even eat garlic anymore and it pisses me off.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.