[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >put black rice in rice cooker >doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

>be me
>put black rice in rice cooker
>doesn't fucking cook

Can someone explain please?

Who /black rice/ here?
>>
>>9360533
Did you turn it on?
>>
>>9360533

Did you turn it on?
...asking for a friend
>>
Did you use water?
>>
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
>>
>>9360533
It's the melanin, they're immune to the heat.
>>
your rice cooker should have a wild rice cycle. If you don't use that, you'll probably have to run it through twice.
>>
>>9360533
>Can someone explain please?

Black rice is unhusked. It has very different cooking properties compared to most rice. Make sure you use the correct setting on your cooker. If yours doesn't have a setting for wild rice then you may just have to run it twice and hope for the best.

Why are people so fucking dumb they don't bother to read the damn manual? Shit!
>>
>>9360592
Because people fall for the "whole grains are healthier" meme, without trying to understand why white rice is a thing or why white flour is a thing, they ignore little details like, it needs to fucking cook at a minimum twice as long, sometimes even more than that. Steel cut oats take 4 times as long to cook as rolled oats, yeah they taste great, you only have to stand at your stove for half a hour to make it though.
>>
>>9360599
It's mindboggling that someone could recognize that two foods are different (taste, nutrition, etc) but somehow fail to realize that differences extend to cooking methods as well.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised though. 99% of the time when someone asks for rice cooking advice here they don't bother to mention what kind of rice they have (assuming they even know).
>>
>>9360615
When i was into bread making I tried the whole grain flour thing, within a few loafs I understood why white bread is a thing. Its easier, its faster, tastes better and everyone loves it. Whole grain bread is nice, its got a much nicer texture, it can be rougher on your mouth you have to bake the hell out of it for it to be "done" and you'll still hear comments from people like "is this done?" yes, eat it and shut up. And I came to the conclusion that most "grain" bread you find in the store, is just colored white bread, because you can't achieve white bread texture with whole grain flour, but maybe I'm wrong am a terrible baker and they know something I don't, its highly likely.
>>
>>9360592
It's not even a very closely related species. It's like barley vs. wheat.
>>
>>9360636
When I bake bread with whole grains I still use 50% white flour for just the reasons you describe. Still get the flavor and added nutrients and fiber, but it isn't as dense as 100% whole grains.
>>
>>9360615
I've seen that happen a lot with people trying to make sushi rice and not realizing they need a different rice variety to actually make it work
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.