[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you sometimes eat a known safe number of the bitter almonds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: anatomy-of-a-peach.jpg (243KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
anatomy-of-a-peach.jpg
243KB, 800x530px
Do you sometimes eat a known safe number of the bitter almonds in pitted fruit or do you always throw it away?
>>
Has anyone ever died from the cyanide in several jars of sweet almond butter eaten in one day?
>>
Never. I suck on them though, typically. I'll eat a peach and when it's down to almost nil I just pop the whole thing in my mouth and scrape away the meat till its just pit and roll it around till I get up to a bin.
>>
>>9356254
In one of the Game of Thrones books Hotpie talks about grinding up the stones of sour cherries to top pies with. Was he talking about the 'seed' or wut
>>
>>9356292
>“You need sour cherries to make it right. The secret is you dry the stones and break ’em with a mallet; that’s where the real flavor is. Then you crush ’em up real fine, and when you’re finished, sprinkle ’em over the pie crust…” -Hot Pie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahleb
>Mahleb or Mahlab is an aromatic spice made from the seeds of a species of cherry, Prunus mahaleb (the Mahaleb or St Lucie cherry). The cherry stones are cracked to extract the seed kernel, which is about 5 mm diameter, soft and chewy on extraction. The seed kernel is ground to a powder before use. Its flavour is similar to a combination of bitter almond and cherry,[1] and similar also to marzipan.[2]
>>
I actually ate one of those seeds once, thinking it was where almonds came from. It literally taste like poison, and I thought I was going to die. Felt sick for an hour, then was ok again.
>>
>>9356380
It was all in your head. Just one won't do shit.
>>
>>9356292
There is only one Game of Thrones book, though,
>>
No cyanide for me, thanks.
>>
>>9356254
Only form the peach. Its actually nice.
>>
>>9356848

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWNpO5vvhpk
>>
>>9356254
I no longer eat stone fruit after breaking a tooth open on a pit fragment.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.