[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get myself to like fish? My whole life I've hated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0812.jpg (20KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0812.jpg
20KB, 293x172px
How do I get myself to like fish?

My whole life I've hated fish. Salmon, tuna, carp, trout, you name it. I especially hate the texture of fish in my mouth, it feels so alien to me.
I love shrimp, and I can eat crab well enough, but the actual fish I can't do. I want to like fish because I hear it's good for you and does what beef does in nutrients but better.

And please don't just say "make sure it's fresh"
>>
Have you tried tasting it?
>>
>>9356077
>>9356057
>>
Try meaty fish like salmon or tuna (filets, not the canned stuff). Grill it or sear it in a pan with olive oil like you would a steak, they firm up really well.
>>
>>9356057
>I especially hate the texture of fish in my mouth, it feels so alien to me.
Texture? OK. Are we talking issues with fish that has been cooked a lot or only a little? The amount that the fish has been cooked matters a lot (and in much of the world it is only safe to eat well-cooked fish). Also, making sure it is fresh is still good advice: fish that isn't fresh really isn't good in terms of either taste or texture.
>>
>>9356057
Fish doesnt have much of a taste to it. Its all about the spices. Try a good whitefish cajun style or beer batter fish and chips.
>>
>>9356057
I'm the same way, I like shellfish but not fish because of the texture. I like the flavor of salmon but still dislike the texture. I haven't tried this yet, but you might want to try grinding it in a food processor and making dumplings or something like that. See if you can find sausages made from fish.

If you really don't like it, you don't have to eat it though.
>>
File: 1346173453279.jpg (142KB, 700x714px) Image search: [Google]
1346173453279.jpg
142KB, 700x714px
>because I hear it's good for you

Make sure it's fresh. You fucking dumbass.
>>
Seriously go to a good fish market and get fresh fish. Any fish that I catch tastes good pretty much cause it's fresh. If I buy the same fish its shit and puts me off. Also where are you from? I really only know Aussie fish
>>
File: McChicken.jpg (2MB, 2800x1620px) Image search: [Google]
McChicken.jpg
2MB, 2800x1620px
Yeah fish is watery and flimsy, it doesn't have a satisfying "bite" like say, the McChicken patty does

Tried the Fillet O' Fish, and it's too thoroughly soft, only the bun should be so soft for a satisfying sandwich bite
>>
Put a filet of smoked haddock in some tin foil with some lemon juice, sliced chili, garlic, salt and pepper and bake it in the oven.

Smoked haddock is delicious.
>>
Anything tastes hood battered and deep fried.
>>
>>9356057
>the texture
It's autism, just forget about it. Learn to live with it.
>>
>>9356057
I recommend grilled tuna belly or grilled dover sole. If you don't like those just give up.
>>
>>9356115
you sear a steak with olive oil instead of just putting it right into the pan?
>>
eat pussy

not even joking.
>>
>>9356057
stop being a little bitch and grow up.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.