[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup koo/ck/s, Picrelated is a cheese crisp, just some cheese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: BBQ-cheese-crisp.jpg (91KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
BBQ-cheese-crisp.jpg
91KB, 1024x685px
Sup koo/ck/s,

Picrelated is a cheese crisp, just some cheese that's been ovened until it's crisp.

My problem is, how do I make these such that they are not full of holes and not fragile? I want cheese crisps that I can use to scoop stuff out of bowls or even as taco shells and their equivalent. Maybe even some day as a pizza base. Why? Because keto.

I tried using two slices of cheese at once, and they turned into a giant puddle that fell off the parchment sheet in my toaster oven. One slice turns into lace and shatters even when just being picked up. I've tried different cheeses, also, and haven't had any luck with any of them doing better than any others.

Would best results be to do one slice, then put a second slice on top and repeat? Or do I really need to get a silicone baking mat with a cup formed in it? Problem with that is, I can't find any silicone bakingware ANYWHERE in this benighted hellhole of a country, it's not the U.S. and people just don't cook much here, especially not bake.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>>
>>9353738
you can use a more solid foundation. for example roll out a piece of bread flat, fry both sides of the bread over cheese, then cool and quarter

as for the taco thing, you can entirely use cheese like eggs for an omelet. layer a skillet with cheese and put toppings on top. when the bottom is fried, roll it into an omelet and cool. the oils in the cheese will fry the ingredients as well, for example onion will be entirely translucent by the time the cheese is fried
>>
>>9353738
increase the surface to volume ratio. grated cheese crisps better than slices.
>>
>>9353738
Make them slightly thicker. Use a mold to keep the cheese from spreading.

You don't need a silicone mat. Just use some baking paper and a metal cookie cutter.
>>
>>9353902
Tpbp.

If you're wanting pure cheese crisps with no base foundation for them you need to increase the volume of said crisp. Like the anon said, cookie cutter/mold works perfectly.
>>
>>9353738
mix corn starch en flour in the cheese
>>
>>9353921
I feel like I get older the more acronyms I don't recognize...
>>
>>9353954
It means third post best post, I don't really like acronyms to much but since I'm a phone poster it's something I've had to make peace with.
>>
>>9353958
Don't you have auto-correct on your phone to help speed up typing?

And how the hell is anybody suppose to guess that meaning without spending every waking hour on here?
>>
File: grating-cheese.jpg (51KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
grating-cheese.jpg
51KB, 460x288px
>>9353738
use grated hard cheese, parmesan or gruyere are good. and grate them finely but not into dust. pic related.
If you've got one of those square-ish graters it's the smaller holes on one of the narrower sides.
Your method seems sound if your picture is what you've produced, then you can make them stiffer (for scooping) by rolling them into tubes while they are still warm and pliable.
Taco shells/pizza base - eh, you're pushing it a little, but EXPERIMENT.
Have a little fun and try out different things that's half the fun of cooking once you've nailed the basics of a dish.
Enjoy.
>>
>>9353968
>autocorrect

You'd be surprised at how often it fails and either changes something I didn't want changed or doesn't change something that needed it. But in this case it's more about taking the time to type out.

"Third post best post."

When I can just do tpbp, sure the difference is negligible and I could have easily just typed out the whole thing but in my mind it makes sense I guess.

>every waking minute

No, it's just being more familiar with certain phrases, terminology and acronyms. For example I'm 22 and I'm already out of touch with what people on are 17-18 are typing/saying.

Also I just typed this entire thing on my phone so I guess in retrospect it makes my initial point null.
>>
>>9353981
I use auto-correct on my phone. I think I have the most problems with it only when I have the wrong dictionary selected though. Acronyms were never my thing but I can see their use.

>out of touch

That's nailing it on the head. Fucking kids these days.
>>
>>9353968
Lurk more, faggot.
>>
File: skillet pizza.jpg (83KB, 620x813px) Image search: [Google]
skillet pizza.jpg
83KB, 620x813px
>>9353738
Grate a bunch of cheese into a pan and fry it rather than baking it, flip it once the underside reaches cheese crisp texture. You should be able to effectively get a plate sized, double thickness cheese crisp.

Actually, I just found pic related googling for an example photo, so your pizza idea is apparently solid.
>>
>>9353968
fpbp (first post best post) is a common saying on here. if you know what that is already just put two and two together, it's not that hard.
>>
What's the cheapest cheese you can make these with? I feel bad wasting cheddar
>>
>>9353968
never seen tpbp but immediately knew what it meant
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.