[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people use this shit? It replaces all the other ingredient's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Onion.jpg (629KB, 2122x1415px) Image search: [Google]
Onion.jpg
629KB, 2122x1415px
Why do people use this shit?
It replaces all the other ingredient's taste with it's bland onion taste that is absolutely disgusting.
I made lasagna without onions once and my family said it was the best lasagna they've eaten and asked for the recipe. They've cooked food with onion all their lives and don't realise that they tasted like onion. When they finally ate something without it was the best thing they've ever eaten.
Stop using onions. It ruins your food.
>>
>>9350002
reported for underage.
>>
File: 1502204083232.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1502204083232.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>9350002
>They've cooked food with onion all their lives and don't realise that they tasted like onion.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9350016
They all tasted like onion. Just onion, it ruins their fucking food and they don't realise it. You can't taste half of the food you've made because onion cancer came over and did a smelly shit in your plate
>>
File: fidget_thinker.png (23KB, 354x327px) Image search: [Google]
fidget_thinker.png
23KB, 354x327px
>>9350025
>>
>>9350002
I've never put onions in lasagna though..
>>
Just because an onion made you cry doesn't mean you have to be a bitch
>>
>>9350002
Those model onions look unnaturally good and ruin the self-image of regular onions.
>>
>>9350002

> it replaces all other ingredient's taste
> with it's bland onion taste

I'm not sure you know what bland means
>>
>>9350002
>I have shit taste and I want everyone to agree with me
>>
Onions are very a overused ingredient. It's heavily used across all cuisines and it's absolute shit when uncooked. It seems like it even makes people's BO smell worse. And fuck the onions dirty relatives (garlic and spring onions) too.
>>
>>9350278
Congratulations, this is officially the shittiest post on /ck/.
>>
>>9350002
If you don't cut them properly or cook them long enough it can make a dish worse. Like on a salad or sandwich, thin sliced onion is mild but if you put thick slices and a little too much it'll make your mouth burn and not taste very good. Same thing with sauces/soups/stews, if you don't saute the onions long enough or simmer the sauce/soup/stew for a couple hours the onions are going to be undercooked.

They actually take a long time to cook. I always see recipes saying you can make caramelized onions in 5-10 minutes which is wrong, it takes at least 45 minutes to get them fully caramelized and not just brown on the outside. And if you simmer them in something for 1-2 hours they break down and get sweet just like caramelized onions.
>>
>>9350002
>delusion: it was the best thing they've ever tasted
>reality: Oh god, this lasagna is so bland but I don't want to offend anon. Just tell him it was really, really good!
>>
>>9350002
>I made lasagna without onions once.
>once
Traditional lasagna doesn't required any onions. It was your habit to keep putting them in there and now you blame the onions for your mistake.
>>
>>9350278
Yeah, I don't eat raw alliums. Powdered yes because it's in all savory convinence food but I only cooked with black garlic and onion that is much more subtle and earthy with a tamarind twang.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.