[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/, i've been making cinnamon extract, and it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: ceylon cinnamon.jpg (167KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ceylon cinnamon.jpg
167KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /ck/, i've been making cinnamon extract, and it's just now started to smell like cinnamon instead of vodka. When exactly is peak concentration of cinnamon flavor, and how much extract equals 2 sticks of cinnamon simmered for about 15 minutes?
also cinnamon thread
>>
I didn't know there were different kinds of cinnamon. Nobody ever tells me shit.
>>
>>9349840
Not only are there different varieties, but the variety that comes from China, Cassia Cinnamon, is slightly toxic and bad for you. All of the health benefits related to cinnamon are from Ceylon.
>>
>>9349840
i didnt either until like a couple months ago, but this ceylon cinnamon is the fucking best. It smells almost like cinnamon rolls, or a bit fruity.
Bit expensive though, this is the best deal i've found on it, but if you buy a pound of it, you're going to have enough sticks for a few years.

https://nuts.com/cookingbaking/herbsspices/cinnamon/ceylon.html
>>
>>9349824
1/8th of a teaspoon per stick APPARENTLY
never used cinnamon extract before, kinda never even considered that it should exist.
>>
File: IMG_2535.jpg (213KB, 1408x1056px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2535.jpg
213KB, 1408x1056px
>>9349856
>toxic and bad for you
I've got a few cinnamon sticks here, with which I used to make masala chai. There's nothing on the package about what kind it is, and they look a lot like those cassia ones in OP's picture. Guess that's what I get for searching for the best deals.

>>9349860
They're not even that expensive. A pound of cinnamon sticks for just $19. That'll last for ages.
>>
>>9350086
the ceylon cinnamon just smells and tastes better too. It's really indescribable, it smells like cinnamon but with some kind of fruit smell to it, but it also smells sweet and kind of like a cold cinnamon roll, but you really have to smell it for yourself, it's fucking incredible.
>>
well shit, is there anything else about spices i should know about?
Is vanilla extract fucking poison too or something?
>>
>>9349824
When you simmer it the alcohol starts to phase. You want the alcohol.
I'm making vanilla extract. 4 bourbon beans in a fifth of 80 proof vodka. It's been almost 3 months now and it's getting to smell like vanilla extract instead of vanilla flavored vodka, if that makes sense.
I'd expect similar results from cinnamon sticks.
>>
>>9351782
>When you simmer it the alcohol starts to phase. You want the alcohol.
explain
i thought the alcohol is just to extract and carry the flavor, and once it's mixed with food or drink you can just simmer away the alcohol and leave only the flavor?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.