[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's this meal look to you? Would you be happy to eat this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: mre.jpg (597KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
mre.jpg
597KB, 2592x1944px
How's this meal look to you? Would you be happy to eat this? The concept of these intrigues me, because conceptually, they should be a sort of "default human meal", a meal that has everything a working human on the go should need in a survival situation, and it ends up being something like chili mac and peanut butter crackers and koolaid

Today I plan on having a meal like this, I have some Campbell's chili mac and crackers with peanut butter
>>
>>9347182
Are those corn nuts supposed to be the vegetable?
>>
>>9347182
If I was provided that for free, sure, I'd eat it happily. I think you'd need to change the chili mac to a preferably vegan entree like some rice-based dish to get more universal acceptance though.
>>
>>9347195
Chili mac has tomato sauce and beans, so maybe that counts too
>>
>>9347182
If was living a life I had no control over, but assumed the ones in control do most likely have good intentions for me and I was served this, yeah I'd be alright. Just in that situation though.
>>
>>9347182
>How's this meal look to you?
Like poverty.
>Would you be happy to eat this?
I would be very unhappy if I ever ended up eating meals like this.
>a survival situation
That would be the only way I'd eat that meal.
>>
File: las.jpg (106KB, 823x670px) Image search: [Google]
las.jpg
106KB, 823x670px
>>9347203
Some MREs have a vegetarian lasagna. I think there's a chili too. But they're basically the same thing, different noodles.
>>
>>9347182
I'd want clear water honestly.
I fucking hate kool-aid
>>
File: 800px-Humanitarian_Daily_Ration.jpg (125KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Humanitarian_Daily_Ration.jpg
125KB, 800x1067px
>>9347216
I think the HDRs would go over better than MREs though, simply because they were designed for as wide an acceptance in regards to dietary restrictions as possible. They're also like fifth of the cost of an MRE.
>>
>>9347240
Also, here's your contents:
>Main entrée, two of: Lentil or barley stew, Yellow or herb rice, Red beans and rice, Beans and rice with tomato sauce, Peas in tomato sauce, or Beans with potatoes
>Shortbread
>Fig bar
>Vegetable crackers
>Peanut butter
>Strawberry jam
>Fruit pastry (much like a Pop-tart)
>Accessory Pack containing: Book of matches (unprinted), Salt, pepper and sugar packets, Packet of crushed red pepper, Moist towelette (alcohol-free), Paper napkin and Plastic spoon
>>
>>9347222
Same 2 bee quiet Ernest, pham
>>
>>9347182
I think it looks pretty nice.
>>
>>9347252

Not bad, would stock up on if they were really cheap

Too bad I don't think you can buy them.
>>
>>9347182
>Would you be happy to eat this?
I grew up in a home where I had to eat dry cat food sometimes, else I'd go a day without eating after a meal.
I'd be goddamn happy to eat that then, and I wouldn't bitch now.
It looks okay. Wouldn't buy it, but if served it I would just eat the shit and not cry.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.