[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In my fridge lies a single chicken breast. It needs to go. Tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: boring_food.jpg (3KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
boring_food.jpg
3KB, 223x226px
In my fridge lies a single chicken breast. It needs to go. Tell me your favourite chicken breast dish, so that I may cook it.

Bonus points if the ingredients aren't out of the way.
>>
>>9345678
>Butter
>Garlic
>Time
>Olive oil

Sear chicken in pan with oil. Add butter, time garlic and spoon liquid onto chicken. Move to oven. Wa la.
>>
>>9345678
1. lube it up with Tabasco
2. insert in anus
>>
>>9345681
>time
>time
>time
>time
t-thyme?
>>
>>9345678
Sous vide at 66C for at least 1 hour with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Drop the bag in an ice bath for 10 minutes and then cube. Mix well with mayo, pickle relish, diced celery, diced red onion, cumin, Parmesan, garlic powder, and dill (to taste). Put on top of a lightly-toasted piece of bread, top with rocket or whatever your preferred lettuce is. Top rocket with another lightly toasted slice of bread.

Yeah, chicken salad sandwich the way I enjoy it. I guess you can do it your way.
>>
>>9345678
Cut into chunks, marinate in pickle juice for 3 hours, toss in mixture of: flower, salt, pepper, garlic, paprika then fry

Marinate whole in olive oil, balsamic vinegar (or a splash of white), rosemary, garlic, pepper, terragon (or perhaps Italian blend), grill it or bake it.. when I grill it I always boil some noodles and make a garlic herb sauce
>>
>>9345704
>sous vide
nawww ._.

but will save this recipe.
>>
>>9345712
i don't get it, you fried it already, no?

What's with bake/grill if it's already fried.
>>
>>9345717
You can poach the chicken instead. It wont be as good but it'll be pretty good still.
>>
>>9345724
I think those are two separate recipes.
>>
>>9345712
how long should i marinate it for.

im always worried if i marinate only for 1-2hr, it won't be enough.
>>
>Marinate whole in olive oil, balsamic vinegar (or a splash of white), rosemary, garlic, pepper, terragon (or perhaps Italian blend), grill it or bake it.. when I grill it I always boil some noodles and make a garlic herb sauce

will get started on this if i dont see any other recipes that i find appealing and easy to execute.

dont got terragon, so,... fuckin.. will have to do without it.
idk wat garlic herb sauce is, but will google.

may post pictures of the progress.
>>
>>9345724
They're two different recipes bro.
>>
>>9345759
I'm not the guy you're replying to, but my general rule for marinades is overnight.

It's not as if there is an exact point where the food magically goes from "under-marinaded" to "done". It's a gradual process. The longer you marinade the more flavor you get. You can buy meat in the supermarket that's packed in plastic with marinade inside. It can go for many days.
>>
>>9345678
Cut it up in cubes
let them rest in a mixture of yogurt + whatever you like (curry/black pepper/lemon juice+thyme whatever), cook it in a bit of butter/olive oil
>>
>>9345775
>idk wat garlic herb sauce is, but will google.

There's no single "garlic herb sauce". It's deliberately vague. Just wing it. Google will probably confuse you with an overload of potential recipes.
>>
>>9345783
those pre-marinated stuff in my experience had always sucked massive balls.

is that normal.
>>
>>9345784
ah, I did this alrdy.

Made some tikka masala, and it required me to do a version of this. Looking for something diff.
>>
>>9345759
for chicken generally you want anywhere between 3 hours and 24
other anon who said overnight is correct but if you absolutely have to marinade immediately i would say at least 3 hours minimum
>>
>>9345678
Chicken Parmesan. Pound your chicken breast flat with a mallet or the bottom of a thick drinking glass. In one bowl mix flour, salt, and black pepper. In another, beat an egg. In a third, combine dry breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, and fresh or dry parsley. Fresh is better. Grease a baking pan with olive oil, then dredge your chicken breast through the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Get it well coated, then plop it in the pan and bake for about 30 minutes at 400F. Drizzle with a little extra oil halfway through. Put a slice of mozzarella on top and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese browns slightly. Serve over a bed of spaghetti and marinara sauce.
>>
>>9345797
Yeah, I've found them to be pretty bad too.

But that's not due to the time of marinading involved, it's just the usual problem with supermarket meats. low quality ingredients.

That being said, there are some cases where you can get into trouble with long marinade times, but those are exceptions rather than the rule. If your marinade is overly acidic or overly salty then that could harm the food if you let it marinade too long. Also be very careful with tenderizing marinades. Fruit like pineapple, papaya, and kiwi contain enzymes which break down protein. A marinade containing those fruits, if raw, will do a wonderful job making tough meat tender. They are so effective that if you let them sit too long the meat can turn into mush. The first time I tried to marinade a steak using raw pineapple in the marinade it literally turned to babyfood mush after only around 4-5 hours. So if you're using that kind of marinade either go sparingly on the raw fruit or pay very close attention to the marinade times. I still make that dish but to prevent the meat from turning to mush I cook the majority of the pineapple juice to deactivate the enzyme, and only use a small portion of the raw fruit.
>>
>>9345678
my go-to method for chicken breast disposal is in the oven

cut into desired size and brine in warm salt water for 10 mins (this ensures your chicken will be juicy but you can skip this step)
lightly brush both sides with oil and put in a casserole dish
prepare your spice mix (i use montreal chicken) and rub generously over the top and sides
put in oven, (check internal temp) when done, put foil tent over dish and let sit for 10 mins

i usually serve mine with couscous and a vegetable macédoine. simple and tasty imo
>>
Chicken paprikash is simple and quick.

Sautee onions in a pot with plenty of butter. Add about 1 cm water, add chicken breast, season with generous amount of paprika. Cover, simmer for 20 minutes. Shred the chicken once fully cooked, add a bit of sour cream/milk, serve over noodles or rice.
>>
>>9345863
Brining for 10 minutes achieves nothing. It's a total waste of time. You need a few hours minimum because diffusion is a slow process.

Your choice of cooking method seems strange as well. Covering the chicken with foil? It's like you don't want it to brown for some silly reason. Get some color on the chicken. Browning = malliard reaction = tastes good.

You can do this in the pan much faster and with less energy use as well. Why your oven choice? Is there any reasoning behind it or is this just ignorance?
>>
File: 20170825_114918.jpg (588KB, 1613x1210px) Image search: [Google]
20170825_114918.jpg
588KB, 1613x1210px
>>9345712
>>9345704
here's the marinade.

modest amount of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, garlic powder (too lazy to go find garlic somewhere in the house), freshly ground black pepper, and a hint of cayenne pepper.
>>
File: 20170825_115123.jpg (620KB, 1613x1210px) Image search: [Google]
20170825_115123.jpg
620KB, 1613x1210px
>>9345946
had really no idea when it comes to portions for these things, so just went with feel.

will have to taste it with the end product and make adjustments if i were to revisit this.

no salt in the marinade yet. Will season it before cooking. If thread is still alive tomorrow, will post results. Thanks for the other recipes anon, saved them all. Will try them some time.
>>
>>9345678
Rub lemon salt over it.
Pan fry
>>
some of these recipes, i cannot try. They're not /fit/ ._.
>>
>>9345975
Why not? None of the recipes here contain any appreciable extra amounts of fat, etc. Nobody mentioned deep frying or heavy sauces so what is the problem exactly?
>>
>>9346002
there was one with like a lot of mayo, i think that's a no-no.
there was another with frying.

idk about chicken parm, maybe it's okay. Cheese worries me.
>>
>>9345678
braaap it
sniff it
>>
>>9345678
Parsley
Thyme
Leeks
Mushrooms
Pastry (make it or just buy it)
Butter
Chicken Stock
Salt, Pepper

Take the breasts, salt and pepper and pan cook them, then slice/tear them up into pieces.

Take your pie dish and do your thing with the pastry.

Chop up a ton of leeks and mushrooms, and add them to a pan with butter, thyme, parsley and the chicken stock. Cook until nice and thick.

Add the chicken in and stir, along with a lot of pepper and salt to taste, then pour into the pie dish, and cover with the pastry.

Crimp the edges and then bake until golden brown.

Serve with peas, broccoli, cabbage, etc.
>>
>>9346088
Whoops, I missed the mayo one. OK, that one is out.

Since when is normal pan-frying a no-no? You do realize that adds only the tiniest amount of fat, right? And fat is required for a healthy diet.

Hell back when I was in college I was into bodybuilding. I ate 40/40/20. 40% protein, 40% fat, 20% carbs. Fat is a vital part of a good diet.

>>Cheese worries me.
Why? Parm is a low-fat cheese. Plus there's not very much of it on the dish.
>>
>>9346125
there was flour involved and he said fry, i thought it meant deepfrying. I didn't think it meant panfrying. If that's not the case, I can certainly try. Although, I have to go find some pickle juice i guess, haha. I think they do sell that separately? will have to look into it.

about parm, i didn't realize it was low-fat. I'd prob try it, then.
>>
>>9345678
I just go to my local chinese restaurant and get some wontons, fry the chicken in a pan with some chili sauce and soy sauce and throw it all in a bowl
>>
>>9345681
>Time
>Time garlic

W-what did he mean by this?
>>
>>9345759
Do not marinate chicken in pickle juice for more than a few hours unless you want the chicken to taste like pickles.. I marinated for about 10 hours once and the chicken fat was green.. way too long
>>9345946
Sounds breddy gud
>>9345950
Definitely try the pickle juice when you're gonna pan/deep fry.. so how'd it turn out?
>>
Bake the chicken breast in cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup with a side of mashed potatoes and your choice of vegetable. I love green beans with this meal and use the soup as a gravy for the potatoes.
>>
>>9345678

Do you have eggs, flour, white wine and cream? Make Chicken Francaise. Best chicken breast recipe around.

Check out Chaplins/Daddy Jacks on youtube for his francaise recipe.
>>
>>9345704
>rocket
>lettuce
Romaine?
>>
>>9345712
>flower
>>
A new favorite of mine now is marinate in a Greek style yogurt with a tumeric cumin paprika spice mix.. heavy on the tumeric.
Chicken breast cut in about 8 pieces and marinate for a few hours..
Better with deboned thigh but marinate over night.
Grill or BBQ
>>
File: 1475879874600.gif (554KB, 295x221px) Image search: [Google]
1475879874600.gif
554KB, 295x221px
>>9346088
I don't get this about /fit/

>this recipie has a wee teaspoon of mayo!
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAYO=FAT
>CAN'T HAVE FAT

Your sitting your ass on 4chan instead of doing something productive like running is more of a detriment than having a small amount of mayonaise for fucks sake. Oh wait, /fit/ doesn't do cardio what the hell am I even saying.
>>
>>9345678
>throw in pan with sesame seed oil
>grill until medium rare
>>
>>9345678
put butter in frying pan
melt butter
cut chicken breast into chunks and dump in pan
remove when cooked and set aside but nearby
add water and Knorr® pasta sides to pan
wait for pasta too be almost cooked
add chicken back to pan and mix everything together
eat
>>
Check out this website

https://susiealderman.wixsite.com/notsosloppyseconds
>>
>>9345681
>time garlic
almost as good as homemade coconut
>>
Sear in butter and whatever spices and herbs you like, wait for a fond to develop, add chicken stock, cook the rest of the way covered
Texture is much better and flavor is great too
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (18KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
18KB, 355x355px
>>9345681
I only have Garlic Time

Any suggestions how I can sub this for Time Garlic? Is there any real difference?
>>
stir fry brah
>>
File: 1421684451073.jpg (169KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
1421684451073.jpg
169KB, 700x466px
>>9345681
>Time

hanging on in quiet desperation is the english way
>>
Why are you faggots more worried about typos than dishes what the fuck
>>
what ever you do smash it into a uniform thickness
>>
>>9349287
Manchester? If the wife "leaves" will you marry me?
>>
>>9345678
I'd dredge it in flour, beaten egg, and breadcrumb (with desired spices) and cook at 425 for 15-20 minutes depending on size. Might want to cut it in half and do two servings if it's big enough. It's a very, very easy dinner.
>>
>>9345678
Karaage chikin
>>
>cut open chicken
>cream cheese and spinach
>fry it then bake it
That's the super short version
>>
>>9345712
I too, cook with rose petals
>>
File: 20170826_122935.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
20170826_122935.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
>>9347452
Not bad, not bad.

The goal was never to make this chicken super amazing all the sudden, at least not with these humble ingredients. But the results were good. It's so simple that I can see myself returning to recipe. It sure as hell beats the plain old salt and pepper.

>>9348194
yeah, I got those. Will check it out.

>>9348319
I def made something very similar when I made tikka masala. Need to buy tumeric, no idea what that taste like.

>>9348347
eh.. idk, to be frank, I don't know how bad mayo is. Most of the time, I try to avoid things with super high calorie that doesn't "fill" me. I even try to avoid butter, just because it's so heavy on calorie. It has little to do with health aspect rather than just making calorie count easier while feeling full.

>>9348421
wth is knorr pasta..

>>9348862
will do

>>9349611
sounds easy to do. Only thing with breadcrumbs is that I would buy this, and use it like once, and then throw it away a year or two later. But it's cheap enough, maybe I don't care.
>>
>>9345678
The most simple and delicious as fuck is to just salt the chicken generously then pan fry in oil 5-6 mins a side depending on the thickness
that's it, just get proper browning going, don't overcook it and it's delicious as heck
>>
hmm, i was not for this, but i am now considering buying a week load of chicken and just trying all the recipes every day.
>>
>>9348202
rocket is arugula
>>
>>9349788
Glad you liked it man..
>>
File: chicken a la king.jpg (49KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
chicken a la king.jpg
49KB, 560x315px
>>9345678
Bust out that chicken a la king over egg noodles, OP.
>>
File: 20170826_194243.jpg (428KB, 908x1210px) Image search: [Google]
20170826_194243.jpg
428KB, 908x1210px
went out today and bought some more chicken to try some of these recipes

>>9345784
had some leftover yogurt, so i went for another batch but this time with your suggested turmeric & stuff. Marinating.
>>
File: 20170826_193245.jpg (405KB, 1210x908px) Image search: [Google]
20170826_193245.jpg
405KB, 1210x908px
>>9345854
giving it a shot.

this might be my last post, thanks for all the recipes anon.

some i will try, some, well.. evidently, will not try. But this was cool. I may return some other time /ck/, you guys are cool.
>>
>>9345797
Yeh. It's fucking synthetic artificial flavour packs designed in a lab. Go to your local Turk shop and get a kilo of each "exotic" herbs for a few of your currency
>>
>>9351041
did your chicken breast explode?
>>
>>9345678
Pour over olive oil, mustard powder, salt and pepper and massage in. Score and transfer to a hot skillet and grill eat side for about 10 minutes
>>
>>9351204
i beat the shit out of it to flatten it as suggested. I think next time I'll just cut it open and butterfly it.
>>
>>9349229
eat it backwards
>>
>>9351437
Just for future reference.. using your nose is a good starting point especially when you've got no clue how much of an ingredient you should use.. not trying to criticise but be helpful.. after awhile you'll learn to dial certain ingredients back and kick others up..
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAbFlWQnlD4
>>
goat cheese
lemon zest
herb butter
marinated in red wine vinegar, s/p, thyme, crushed garlic
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.