[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /ck/ I'm the unlikely manager of a podunk pizza parlor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: roni.jpg (35KB, 497x280px) Image search: [Google]
roni.jpg
35KB, 497x280px
hello /ck/

I'm the unlikely manager of a podunk pizza parlor in nowhere, USA

I was thinking about putting anchovies in the marinara. Could I run into problems with allergies? Is it something I need to advertise, or can I keep it as a secret ingredient?

My marinara is good but it could be better...

Or maybe I could just try eggplant instead?
>>
>>9344033
you could get away with "may contain traces of seafood" but you might scare people away and lose vegetarian customers.
>>
>>9344052
>tfw vegans order the veggie pizza and ask for no cheese, but don't know the dough has lard
fuck em
>>
Don't say a thing. I never even tried anchovies but heard it was good. If it tastes good, make it and don't say a damn thing.
>>
>>9344138
yeah I could probably get away with it

it would just be a tiny bit of anchovies for umami, and it's not like the health inspector would know anything either
>>
>>9344033
Eggplant is shit, that would reduce quality.
Anchovies are fine, but you could do it cheaper with pure MSG. Don't be ashamed of using it, it pairs very well with something savory like pizza sauce, and customers will overwhelmingly love it. Just keep your secret and dont tell the motherfuckers.
>>
since it's not a shellfish, i dont think you would need to be concerned with food allergy warning or mandated to put one.
>>
>>9344160
are there not alternatives methods to achieving that savory flavor you're looking for?
>>
>>9344178
>pure MSG
I was considering this as well but I wondered if the flavor would be as good

in my research I heard of a guy using breaded eggplant cutlets (which we carry) so I was just considering it

I don't really like the breading though and probably don't want that stuff anywhere near my sauce
>>
>>9344178
>pure MSG
This is easier, cheaper, fine for picky vegans/vegetarians and would avoid most food allergy issues.
>>
i think thai/vietnamese fish sauce would work as well. the romans used fermented anchovy juice as a food ingredient. we used to be much more fish crazy, smelly fish crazy.
>>
>>9344260
You can use MSG, but pair it with nucleotide and amino. I think there is some bottled shit that has this. You need all three for a balanced umami flavor, and it will blend seamlessly with your sauce if you do it correctly.
Trust me, people go fucking apeshit for this flavor balance, if you want comeback customers, you need to master this addictive element.
>>
>>9344033
This is the serial killer thing where you start with killing puppies/putting weird ingredients in your sauce and work up to killing humans/cumming in the sauce

If you want to cum in the sauce, just quit pussyfooting around and cum in the sauce already
>>
>>9344178
Listen to this guy. People are fucking retarted. And this will make it taste fucking incredible
>>
>>9344033
hello mr podesta
>>
File: aspic.jpg (95KB, 1500x801px) Image search: [Google]
aspic.jpg
95KB, 1500x801px
Former manager of an Italian fine dining restaurant here,

That is the worst idea I've ever heard, including aspic. It adds a modicum of flavor, and in return you have now
>scared away every single vegan and vegetarian customer
>added an unnecessary allergen
>created potential lawsuits

>>9344138
>>9344160
>>9344178
>>9344191
Dead wrong.
Literally, dead.
FALCPA mandates that the eight major allergens (milk eggs fish shellfish tree nuts peanuts wheat and soybeans) be declared as ingredients in restaurants and in packaging. Adding anchovies (that's a fish, by the way) to the tomato paste without a warning on the menu is highly illegal, and someone will undoubtedly assume it's free and clear and end up in the ER or dead.

Question: How did you become a manager without doing food safety training? You're clearly not qualified for the job.

Also,
>Or maybe I could just try eggplant instead?
Why on God's green Earth would you add eggplant to a marinara.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.