[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>shower get dressed and leave house to try new ramen place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

>shower get dressed and leave house to try new ramen place down the street
>realize i dont know how to pronounce anything on the menu and worry about the looks ill get if i ask for it to go
>end up eating at mcdonalds
>>
>realize
>>
>>9343805
Just pronounce it phonetically.
They don't care if you pronounce anything wrong, people do that all the time when eating in restaurants not from their culture.
>>
>>9343805
Dude they don't care. As long as you're polite, don't make a huge fucking mess, and don't give them unnecessary problems, they'll appreciate you as a customer
>>
>>9343805
Just ask "Am I pronouncing this right?" and if you're off they'll correct you politely. People appreciate effort, they don't care if you get something wrong, they'll like you if you're trying.
>>
>>9343869
>go to panda express
>crackers and whitewashed chinks are your waiters
>"yes I'll have the san choy bow. am i pronouncing that right?"
>whitey: *shrug*
>>
>>9343887
Fuck off, nigger.
>>
File: 1503541104546.png (277KB, 469x452px) Image search: [Google]
1503541104546.png
277KB, 469x452px
>>9343805
Order through Door Dash.
>>
>>9343805
what would you have trouble pronouncing at a ramen place?
>>
I used to work at a posh Japanese restaurant and would have people mispronouncing things all the time. Wagoo gozer, eat a mame, shoe she you fucking name it. You think I cared? I smiled, repeated the order how it's pronounced, and put it through. I've even had people try to correct me so trust when I say you aren't even close to some of the dumb customers I've had to serve.
>>
>>9343869
This, the owner of the local Indian restaurant here taught me how to pronounce things on their menu. He's a nice guy.
>>
It's so easy you'll feel like a weeb. Everything's like ton-kots-uu, kats-ooh-don, shoy-ooh, romaji is phonetic as fuck. I'm a native anime though and honestly unless your ramen joint is of excellent quality, McDonald's is better. Cheap chefs use powdered soup.
>>
>>9345086
4u
>>
File: PS4SAyE.jpg (104KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
PS4SAyE.jpg
104KB, 600x600px
>>9343805
>Walk into viet joint
>"I'll have the PHO'
>the what?
>the PHO
>OHHH you mean the FOUH
>I guess?
>yeah it's spelled pho but you say FO...UH
>k
>can I get a drink with that?
>with what?
>with my PHO
>with your what?
>with my PHO
>sir please leave, we don't play games here.

??? why did they do this to me.
>>
>>9345136
still a weeb
>>
>>9344289
It's pronounced lamen, to begin with.
>>
I mispronounced something at a sushi place the other day. I think it was chicken karaage or something, I forget how they spelled it. The nice young lady behind the counter did correct me but I still can't remember how she said it. It was delicious though, that's all that matters I guess.
Nobody was offended.
>>
>>9345227
Ka-rah-gay

Roll the r slightly so you don't sound like a hick.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.