[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like pasta and I like eggs, but there don't seem to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: PastawithFriedEgg2.jpg (304KB, 1456x1600px) Image search: [Google]
PastawithFriedEgg2.jpg
304KB, 1456x1600px
I like pasta and I like eggs, but there don't seem to be very many ways to combine them. Is carbonara all there is?
>>
Egg noodles
>>
pasta omelette
>>
>>9341496

There was this thing from chefsteps a while back. In general, I would say when it comes to more "deconstructed" pasta dishes with multiple not really combined components, eggs can work really well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS7xoFQl5Mg

The rest of it would be asian style noodle dishes. Maybe the next fusion cuisine - asian - italian noodle dishes.
>>
i like to make caesar salad but with spaggehti instead of the lettuce and mozarel instead of the parmasan so it's mayo, anchovies, pasta, bacon, croutons, mozarel & few poached eggs
>>
>>9341587
and then you eat it cold?
>>
Spaghetti pie? I haven't tried it myself but it sounds damn good.
http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-spaghetti-pie-125122
>>
>>9341603
>>holy overcooked pasta, batman! Let's cook the pasta, and then let's cook it some more!

Sounds like shit, just like most "hotdish" recipes.
>>
we eat carbonara for breakast where i'm from. it's not the only way to combine these ingredients, but it is undoubtedly the best.
>>
File: pates-champignons-3000x2000.jpg (32KB, 730x409px) Image search: [Google]
pates-champignons-3000x2000.jpg
32KB, 730x409px
Pasta with wild mushroom and poached egg
>>
>>9341568
>>9341695

>Looks plenty deconstructed to me; and tasty.
>>
Sometimes I make stirfry vegetable stuff and add some eggs and eat that with pasta. Works fine really.
>>
>>9341602
no? It's just a nice hot side salad, something healthy to go with like a steak & potatos or pork chops & rice or something, because i don't like lettuce much
>>
File: BVjp3p1.jpg (1MB, 877x1458px) Image search: [Google]
BVjp3p1.jpg
1MB, 877x1458px
>>9341808
so it is a pasta dish that you use as a side dish? like some people serve macncheese as a side?
>>
>>9341496
This is carbonara for you?
Please, as an italian human being i suggest you to kill yourself.
>>
>>9341496
creamy eggs and pasta
>>
>cook pasta ~1 minute shy of al dente
>reserve ~1/2 cup of the cooking water
>melt butter in pan
>add black pepper or whatever herbs/spices you want
>reintroduce the pasta
>crack a couple eggs into the mix
>stir it around with tongs until the water cooks off and the eggs are done
>add cheese
Wa la!

There are so many ways to do pasta when you figure out how useful the pasta water is.

It's loaded with starch that helps your sauce/butter/cheese/whatever stick to the pasta.
>>
>>9341497
Why does this make me laugh so much
>>
>>9341808
>replace the only vegetable with pasta
>healthy
get yourself together anon jesus
>>
In Naples they traditionally put chopped boiled eggs into lasagna. Sounds pretty good to me.
>>
>>9341808
>nothing but carbs, meat and fat
>healthy
Don't get me wrong I eat meals like that too, but come the fuck on.
>>
>>9341568
wow, those sousvide eggs are perfect.
>>
File: o_18mv3s3178t9tsv1fcgb2b1ii5m.jpg (144KB, 1000x637px) Image search: [Google]
o_18mv3s3178t9tsv1fcgb2b1ii5m.jpg
144KB, 1000x637px
What if you made several cheese omelettes and layered them between lasagna sheets with bolognese as normal and baked the whole thing?
>>
>>9341496
ramen with an egg
>>
>>9342794
then the bolognese would overpower the egg flavor
>>
>>9341587
Hey buddy do you even want a caesar salad? My grandfather invented that salad you've just disgraced.
>>
File: egg-ravioli-ck.jpg (902KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
egg-ravioli-ck.jpg
902KB, 1000x1000px
>>9341496
Go for some meme ravioli.
>>
>>9342662
>
??

You've never had egg noodles with peas, sour cream and sausage?
>>
>>9345247
That sounds disgusting, on a scale of 1-10 how slav are you?
>>
>>9345076
Retard.
>>
>>9345255
>>
>>9341496
as far as existing recipes, and pasta-per-se (as opposed to "noodles"), I think that's about it.

BUT

egg (yolk), either tempered with sauce and recombined, or quickly stirred in on low ambient/passive heat can thicken up most sauces.
>>
>>9341496
you can mix egg, parsley, and whatever the fuck you want with spaghetti cut up a bit after cutting and fry it, shit's delicious, got the recipe first from the jamie oliver italy trip book but modified it so much i don't remember what was in it originally. i usually add some dried tomatos, honey, nuts, meat, cheese, pesto, seeds, literally whatever, but eggs and parsley are the base
try googling for jamie oliver fried spaghetti maybe it'll turn up I don't have the book anymore
>>
Just make shakshuka and throw in some cooked pasta.
>>
>>9341496
I like children and I like tea, but I don't like niggers no siree.
>>
>>9341603
>>9341606

Spaghetti pie is actually a very authentic Italian dish in southern Italy, where my grandmother grew up. She made it all the time but it was nothing like this garbage on this website. It was spaghetti, a ton of eggs, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, and tiny cubes of salami. You boil the pasta first and then bake it, but it's just like lasagne or stuffed shells where the pasta doesn't really overcook but the starch helps hold everything together.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.