[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many times do you wash your rice before setting it on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 16

File: 20170823_184058.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170823_184058.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
How many times do you wash your rice before setting it on the cooker? I make sure the water is clear every time.

Pic related is the water after one rinse.
>>
>>9339877
I run it under running water for a few minutes until the water is at least 90% clear.
>>
>>9339877
After 5
>>
I'm chinese and I wash rice 3 times.
Who cares how murky it is?
>>
>>9339877
I literally never rinse my rice
>>
File: 20170823_184451.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170823_184451.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>9339899
Fuck
>>
>>9339905
>I'm chink
>Who cares how murky it is?
I guess mêmes are true after all
>>
i rinse my rice hourly with a cool brine solution starting about 16 hours before i cook
>>
File: 20170823_185203.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170823_185203.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>9339877
>>9339899
>>9339913
After 10

>>9339918
I'm Filipino, and my mom taught me to rinse my rice 10-15 times before cooking it, because she knows how dirty it can be.
>>
3 times, as was taught to me in Korea
>>
>>9339941
>flip
Even worse but good adobo I guess
>>
>>9339941
I hope by >dirty you mean covered in starch
>>
>>9339975
>good adobo
t-thanks, but Sinigang is way better
>>
I don't wash my rice at all, fight me.
>>
>>9339997
Savage.
>>
Rice cooker protip: If you want the teflon to last longer, wash the rice in a separate container and pour it back in.
>>
>>9339877
It depends on the grains.

I wash my Japanese rice 3-5 times.

I only rinse my jasmin.
>>
>>9339877
Why would you rinse it? That shit is gonna be boiled anyways
>>
>>9340137
Starch won't boil away Anon-kun
>>
If we rinse away the starch then that would mean it would have less carbs right?
>>
>>9340215
if you soak the rice for six hours, the rice becomes carb free
>>
>>9340215
>rinse away the starch
The starch is bound to the glucose molecules in the rice. Only way to get rid of it is to boil it.
>>
>>9340241
Oh so it IS 100% raw chemicals as I suspected.

One day Americans will learn to google the chemicals in their food.
>>
What kind of rice are you buying that makes it that cloudy? I don't rinse rice at all and the water is always somewhere between your after 5 and after 10 pictures.
>>
>>9340292
agitate the rice when its in the water with your hands and watch how cloudy it becomes.
>>
>>9340111

a rice cooker is 30 bucks..... no biggie
>>
>>9340301
I stir it with a spoon when I pour it in and I observe it occasionally while it is cooking, I would think any cloudiness would be apparent.
>>
>>9340301
>Americans still don't realize cameochemicals, a government lab, manufactures the chemicals that are added to all US wheat products by law, bought with your tax dollars and the money goes right back to the government with profit

That's what the cloudy water, over boiling and terrible taste are about.

I mean seriously read the fucking ingredients and if it says more than "rice," it's shit.
>>
>>9340317
are you retarded?

I'm buying rice from H-mart, It's got chink letters on it and the only ingredient listed is milled rice.

Shirakiku Koshihikari, can get a 15lbs bag for about $30.

Lasts me 3 months.
>>
>>9340364
Too bad China has the same enrichment program we do but not the same labelling requirements.

Enjoy your tasty chemicals. Raw untainted rice does not turn the water you boil in back into a swamp.
>>
>>9340382
>China
H-mart is korean
>>
>>9340388
>no one company can hide ingredients

>own drinks
>"natural and artificial flavorings"

>own shampoo
>"perfume"

>own bread
>"chemical leaveners added"

No, Korea wouldn't do something like this.
>>
>>9340393
The rice is from the US, even says on it it's from california.
>>
>>9340396
>california
>US
>>
>>9340396
That means that it is enriched by law if the manufacturer produced over X tons. The only way you get around that is to make small batches, which does not happen, so congrats we have another company skimping on labelling requirements with almost no fda oversight.

I assure you it's enriched if the water turns white. The circlejerk is complete.
>>
>>9340422
it's usually just rice flower or starch.

You can go to japan and buy any sort of premium rice and you'll get cloudy water, that's just how rice is unless you're getting some boxed shit that's been prewashed and dried for a box dinner.
>>
I live in a first world country so I don't rinse it at all
>>
I used to wash Nishiki rice but the water barely clouded so now I don't bother
>>
do you guys save the water you use for washing the rice in a different pot and then use it to water your plants?
>>
>>9340483
>dumping chemicals on your plants

And you intend to eat them? Those are synthetic versions of the chemicals, they will not be accepted as natural to the plant and will kill it to death.
>>
I was a poor white kid in a Cambodian ghetto. I will never forget the moms saying rinse very well three times.
>>
>>9340488
>>9340462
>>9339941
Washing is to remove starch you dumb nigger. What's plain water gonna do to germs? And why do you think the water goes cloudy white when you wash it if the starch doesnt come off like you say?
>>
Why do you have to rinse the starch
>>
Guys imagine rats, bugs and dirt sitting on your rice. Because that's what happens when it gets cultivated and sitting on that huge bin before getting packaged.

Always wash your rice.
>>
File: 1503220214795.jpg (18KB, 260x287px) Image search: [Google]
1503220214795.jpg
18KB, 260x287px
Never, I like to live dangerously.
>>
>>9340628
>What's plain water gonna do to germs
more like bugs that got into the rice and then died
or literal dirt
>>
>>9339911
According to the people who see how rice is stored and handled, that is a bad idea.
>>
>>9340970
So your rice doesn't stick
>>
>>9340610
How did you end up living in Cambodia?
>>
>>9340483
No, but it's a common practice among Asian countries to keep the water as a facial toner or hair rinse.

My folks would occasionally water plants with the water first used to rinse veggies and fruits with.
>>
Wait, you're supposed to wash rice? I've been eating rice every day for 3 years and never once washed it.
>>
>>9341034
That's why you boil it, you can lug a snot in the water, the heat will kill it.
>>
What's a somewhat affordable rice cooker, that can be bought in the EU?
>>
File: 1394773661750.png (70KB, 208x193px) Image search: [Google]
1394773661750.png
70KB, 208x193px
>>9340148
Starch in my rice? You don't say!
>>
>>9339941
Now you've rinsed off the 5 vitamins and minerals the government requires to be added to polished white rice.

FYI, when removing insects from rice, you don't rinse it, you just submerge the rice in the pot then skim the insects off the top. Stir gently and repeat until there's no more insects. Though, most people don't know that since most of the rice in the 1st world doesn't have insects in it since plastic became a thing. Back in the 1970s you had to float the stuff out of it every time because there'd always be something.
>>
>>9340215
just dump all the rice in the garbage, and all the carbs are gone
>>
>>9339877
I run water over it in a sieve for about a minute, however many washes that is -- idk
>>
File: IMG_6579.jpg (39KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6579.jpg
39KB, 505x431px
>washing something you're about to boil
>>
File: giphy.gif (286KB, 500x237px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
286KB, 500x237px
>>9341840
>not washing off impurities and starches
>just letting it get absorbed by the rice during boiling

???
>>
>>9341854
Rice is 90% starch you retard might as well throw it in the trash if you don't want muh starches
>>
You wash rice mainly to remove some starch and some producers put lime in it for unknown reason
>>
When I'm preparing basamati I wash it just two or three times. Then I leave it in the salted water for at least 6 hours and drain it just before boiling it.
>>
How do I wash rice? Do I need a bowl with holes or something? I am very poor and my kitchen has the absolute minimum appliances (pan, saucepan, wooden spoon)
>>
>>9339877
You're supposed to wash your rice?
>>
>>9342138
I just wash it in the cooking pot. Fill it up with water to the top, swish it around with your hand a bit, pour it out slowly so the rice stays in the pot but the water runs out. Repeat a few times.
>>
I don't :^)
>>
>>9342178
Yep. Gets rid of the talc from the polishing process and also gets rid of the starch powder generated while the rice bounces around during transport.

Plus, haven't you seen any classic Kung-Fu movies? It's a pretty common scene for the protagonist to build up their strength by doing tasks like washing gigantic pots of rice.
>>
>>9342183
Yeah this.

Keep doing it until the water is clear.

You might spill some kernels down the drain, but that's the price of doing business.
>>
>>9339877
None, because I use basmati since I'm not a fucking retard

Soak it for 10 if I want to cook it a little shorter, at most. Rinsing is for long grain enriched-eating apes
>>
>>9342209
Rinsing is for any rice that's been polished (aka had the husk removed if you don't know what rice polishing means). That includes basmati. Doesn't matter if it's long, short, or glutinous rice. If the rice was polished you fucking rinse it.
>>
>>9339877
i only wash it a bit as i'm a fan of the starchiness
>>
>>9339877
When making steamed white rice I do. I don't when I make stuff like risotto or paella.
>>
>>9339877
Meh, 2 or 3 times. You don't need to wash off all the starch, just the dust and dirt.
>>
>>9342183
>>9342207
Ok, this looks easy enough for me. Tomorrow I'll cook rice for the first time in my life.
>>
Before I use salt I put it under the sink and run some nice hot water over it. It removes all the sodium
>>
>>9339877
you are all wasting water and washing off the vitamins added to make it somewhat nutritious. plebs
>>
>>9342589
I don't care about the nutrition in the rice since I eat a well balanced diet anyway.

I do, however, care about the sticky starchy sludge that results from not rinsing your rice.
>>
>>9339975
Flip food is delish minus a few thinks. Oxe tail in peanut sauce please
>>
Rinsing rice isn't to remove dirt or clean it and it isn't to remove government chemicals.
The cloudiness in the water comes from loose starch / powdered rice.
It doesn't remove all the starch / carbs from rice. It's just a little bit of loose starch.
You don't have to rinse rice. It's perfectly fine and safe to cook it without rinsing, but normally it will end up kind of sludgy. The purpose of rinsing rice is to make it less sludgy / sticky. You can rinse it more or less to change how it turns out
I normally use Thai jasmine rice and I rinse it just a couple times and it maintains a bit of stickiness without being sludgy.
If you want drier rice / non-sticky rice, which is probably what you want for fried rice, then it's better to rinse it more times until the water is 100% clear. It's just preference though.
>>
>>9340111
Maybe I'll buy that rice washing bowl after all.
>>
>>9342569
kek, accurate though what to do these retards think rice is
>>
>>9341034
youre also rinsing out the added nutrients that give rice at least a little nutritional content
>>
>>9342734
uhh im pretty sure rinsing removes a whole lot of the added nutrients(niacin, thiamin, and folate)
>>
>>9339877
Three is good for me. Put it in a strainer, fill a pot with cold water, and use a whisk to beat the shit out of the rice for several minutes. Discard the water (unless I want to use the starchy water to thicken something I'm cooking), and repeat two more times.
>>
>>9342863
That only applies with fortified rice.
>>
File: 61x7dEHX-kL._SL1001_[1].jpg (98KB, 1001x945px) Image search: [Google]
61x7dEHX-kL._SL1001_[1].jpg
98KB, 1001x945px
>>9342841
Ordered this the other day. Hope it's worth the weight.
>>
Fucking weirdos. The joy of rice is that you just pour it more or less 2:1 in a pot with some spice mix, spin the knob and leave it be for however long it takes your stove.
>>
>>9342841
Don't do it anon. You can use any mixing bowl or even tupperware to wash rice instead of buying a big monotasker.
>>
I only cook shortgrain brown rice so I don't rinse it at all. It at least has a nutty flavor instead of tasting like chalk.
>>
>>9339877
Wash it til the water looks clean
>>
>>9339877
I usually leave the rice in water for 2-3 minutes stirring it once or twice. Then I empty the cloudy water and rinse twice.

I often have tiny bugs in my rice bags (shitty 3d world apartment , no matter what I do they come back), so I take time to remove them all + the dirt when they float to the surface.
>>
File: sinigang.jpg (54KB, 354x450px) Image search: [Google]
sinigang.jpg
54KB, 354x450px
>>9339987
this is the only valid sinigang
>>
>>9339877
I wash my superior nippon gohan 1000 times before cooking it in my ancestral gohan cooker
>>
>>9343388
Are these bugs little moths that leave larvae on your food? Because I had those. I threw away everything that had bugs on it, blasted the pantry with bug spray, let it air out overnight, and now I store every single thing in glass jars, never had a bug problem ever again.
>>
>>9341854
>wash starches off rice
you can stop pretending
>>
>>9343423
fuck yes
>>
>>9340398
Wrong
>>
>>9340301
Does agitated rice go well with activated almonds?
>>
>>9339941
I'm from Guam and at least 3 times. CND fold it once during cooking.
>>
>>9341728
Fuck that's horrid imagery. Not hungry anymore.
>>
File: 1336438659370.gif (474KB, 283x213px) Image search: [Google]
1336438659370.gif
474KB, 283x213px
>>9343469
>>
>Thai jasmine rice
>rinse over 20 times (letting it rest 5 mins each time) and it's still not clear

To clarify I did it as an experiment but fuck man, I can never get clear water. I usually give up after 3 now.
>>
>>9345750
You will obviously never get perfectly clear water because the very act of soaking the rice in water and agitating it releases starch.

If you rinsed forever you would eventually end up with no rice left.

Clearly "rinse until the water is clear" doesn't mean you take it to a sperg extreme of truly perfectly clear. You rinse it until the milkiness from the first rinsing goes away. 3-4 rinses is usual.
>>
>>9345751
I should clarify, my rice looked almost like OP's first pic after the first ten washes. It didn't improve much at the 20th.
>>
>>9345770
then you either have really shitty rice, or you are doing a really bad job washing it (which I can't even imagine being possible)
>>
>>9340980
You're fucking boiling it
>>
I don't know anything about rice but I just rinse it once or twice so there isn't a bunch of sticky scum left in my rice cooker. Don't overthink it
>>
>>9339877
>wash rice

What, why would I do this? The rice I buy doesn't even make the water murky until I start boiling it
>>
>>9346251
>What, why would I do this?
To remove the talc left over from the polishing process. Get rid of any little bugs or bits of dirt or whatever that might be in the rice. And to prevent the starchy water from making a sticky mess when you cook the rice. It keeps your pot or rice cooker easier to clean.
>>
>>9341027
Try living in a first world country where bugs and dirty rice aren't a problem
>>
>>9346299
>in the US we don't have bugs in the rice because it's so saturated in carcinogenic pesticides which we would rather consume.

Thanks, I prefer bugs.
>>
>>9341670
slightly overcooked rice that is somewhat sticky is nice to eat. More convenient too, why would I want the rice grains falling apart instead of sticking to each other in convenient bundles?
>>
>>9>>9346390
Almost all of our rice is imported...we just keep shit airtight so moisture doesn't get in.
>>
>>9346407
Actually, high quality sticky rice will stick even after being rinsed thoroughly. Sticking is basically the default state of rice. You have to add oil to make it not stick.
>>
>>9339877
Not once. I live in germany and we have a institution that tested rice, most of them had alot of arsenic in them, but the basmati rice from Aldi, yes aldi, had absolutely none. So i only buy that. Parboiled rice is also packed with it. The sad part is if you want nutrients in your rice you have to eat arsenic with it too. Basmati rice is basically only carbs but i don't care as long as i don't have to eat that arsenic
>>
this thread makes me not want to eat rice anymore
>>
>he washes his rice
>he uses a rice cooker
>>
>>9343480
Actually my kitchen "wall" gives out on the exterior and there are some windowless opening in it, to circulate air.
Basically, I've got a quasi-outdoor kitchen so shit comes in all the time. I'm in a tropical country, there is no need for it to be closed.

I tried the glass jars, but they still manage to slip through the joint, even after I had sterilized the jar AND had just opened the rice bag.
I clean the place whole the time, but dust just goes through the opening so it's pretty much a uphill battle.

They are not moths larvae, it's not as gross. They look like very tiny scarabs and are quite easy to remove.
>>
>>9340488
>Those are synthetic versions of the chemicals
oh good, you are trolling
if it's the same chemical then it's the same, it doesn't matter where it came from
>>
>>9339877
i don't wash/rinse.
>>
Just run the rice under some cold water in a sieve until the water runs through it clear. Quicker and easier than constant washing in a bowl.
>>
>>9340304
>Not using a $200 minimum fuzzy logic rice cooker
>>
>>9339918
Fucking classic Asian
Wearing a mask outside in their polluted air and eating gross rice they didn't even wash properly
>>
>>9339997
I don't have too, the gross chemicals all over your rice will kill you for me.
What, you don't wash your food ever? What are you gonna eat a potato out of the ground too? Animals.
>>
>>9340111
That's actually a great tip. Thanks anon
>>
>>9340279
Googling doesn't stop Monsanto you cuck. Everything I eat is killing me. All I can do is garden some gmo approved plants in my gmo soil and hope I have enough money for the surgery on my camcers
>>
>>9340382
Exactly. And we don't care if they or Monsanto poison us
>>
>>9339877
My mom rinses hers a number of times until the water is nearly clear.

We never wash our rice because my boyfriend is white and he is always the one making it. I need a side by side comparison of cooked unwashed to washed.

Also, washing rice is for starch reduction only.
>>
>>9348175
It's to clean it. Tell your idiot he's he's feeding you absorbed dirt, bug, and pesticide water
>>
>>9340279

Everything is chemicals you retarded nigger.
>>
>>9346390
Actually it's because the first world has better standards of living than whatever brown country you are from, and can afford to properly screen out bugs and dirt from the imported rice it buys
>>
>>9348184
Is this what vietnamese rice farmers tell themselves to feel superior to westerners? At least try to be logical
>>
unless you're making sticky rice you shouldn't wash it more than once or twice because you're letting the nutrients go down the drain
>>
I wash as many times as I can possibly stand it because mushy, starchy rice is nasty, especially if it's old rice.

>>9347367
The larvae are already in the rice so it doesn't matter even if you put it in a sealed container. Happens regardless of the quality of rice if it wasn't stored properly before you bought it.

You could try sticking your uncooked rice in the freezer for a few days to kill any larvae, then store it in sealed containers. Works like a charm.
>>
>>9339941
>10-15 times
nigga your mom's trolling you
tangina
>>
Where do you store the rice after you rinse it? Aren't you supposed to add rice to boiling water? Do you just stick it in a bowl and wait?
>>
>>9350117
What? Couldn't you just already have boiling water ready to go? How small is your kitchen? Also use a rice cooker to truly ascend
>>
>>9350141
>What? Couldn't you just already have boiling water ready to go?
Shit, that makes sense.

>Also use a rice cooker to truly ascend
I've been thinking about buying one, but they're just slightly too expensive to waste the money right now when, ultimately, I can do almost the same with a pot.
>>
>>9350149
You cook your rice immediately after, or let it sit for up to an hour if you're anal about it.

Basic rice cookers are dirt cheap, bruh. You don't have to get one of those overpriced smart rice cookers with a million settings. Nobody in their right mind does.
>>
>>9349969
But she does the same thing.
>>
Guys I just cooked rice for the first time in my life. I followed your advice and rinsed it about 5 times. It turned out great. I am actually surprised how easy it was and how good it turned out.

Now, how should I stored the uncooked rice? It came in a small box, but I don't know if should transfer the rice to a sealed container.
>>
Wait what. I have literally never rinsed rice in my life, nor do I know anyone who has. This whole concept is new to me.
Does it serve some purpose? Does it make the rice fluffier or stickier or tastier or something liket that? Please educate me, this honestly is completely new to me as a dutchfag (ps. Ive also never seen anyone use a ricecooker here except a chinese roomie)
>>
zero times.

and I cook on pan, not such thing as rice cooker
>>
>>9350812
the asian do it to make it more sticky, and easy to eat with chopsticks

also the sushi texture

but for western cooking there's no reason why someone should rinsed rice
>>
>>9350795
unless you enjoy bugs in your rice I'd advise a sealed container. large tupperware, those oxo airtight compartment or if you go to an asian mart they sell containers specifically for storing rice but you don't have to be that crazy

or a zip loc
>>
>>9350882
Ok, i'll use a sealed container. Hopefully there will be no bugs as the rice was quick expnsive and I cant really afford to waste food.
>>
>>9350812
to clean it
>>
>>9350824
Don't listen to this idiot.

Rice is dirty as fuck, and the stuff we buy isn't exactly brand new crops. Washing removes bullshit and excess surface starches.
This will yield a lighter rice, less stick, and cooks better with less water. If you want sticky rice, you should buy the right variety, short grains are sticky and longer grains are fluffier.
Sushi rice is also seasoned with vinegar salt and sugar, further lending to its unique softness.

t. I cook 8 quarts of rice every morning
>>
File: 1500085127646.jpg (191KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500085127646.jpg
191KB, 960x720px
>>9351105
>the stuff we buy isn't exactly brand new crops

are you saying all those ribbons and medals stitched to the bag mean nothing?!?
>>
File: ms-diuttY1.gif (414KB, 244x174px) Image search: [Google]
ms-diuttY1.gif
414KB, 244x174px
>>9339922
>>
>>9351105
>I cook 8 quarts of rice every morning
I hope that's related to your fucking job
>>
File: 1407849265176s.jpg (2KB, 83x125px) Image search: [Google]
1407849265176s.jpg
2KB, 83x125px
>>9339877

I prefer to reduce some of the starchiness of the rice.

I put the pre-cooked rice into a fine mesh strainer and run it under the faucet for a few minutes, shaking it gently.
>>
>>9351719
Either that or he's a flip
>>
>>9343013
> or even tupperware
This. I highly recommend Tupperware microwave rice cooker. I have been using it for already more than a year and find it way more convenient than electric rice cookers, it takes less space in cabinet, easy to wash(or takes less space in case you have a dishwasher)
>>
Who the fuck cooks rice without a rice cooker unless you're talking about those fake shit in boxes
>>
>>9352358
I cook basmati in a pot because adjusting temperature and waiting 15 minutes is easy as fuck
>>
>>9339877

>Christ, the amount of American in this thread.

You wan clumpy rice... dont wash starch

You wan cleanly seperate rice for your chine-hee fry rice.. wash your rice.

Manufacturing process got ur rice dusty? You wash rice..

Does the rice tout its lack of processing and nutrient richness? Don't wash rice...
>>
>>9350812
Unless it's "instant" pre-parcooked garbage, rice is covered in milling dust/occasional bug chunks and has diatomaceous earth added as a nontoxic insecticide. Nothing in there is actively unhealthy, but it fucks with the texture and cooking evenness.
>>
>>9352056

When i image search this it comes up with "gives me a boner" and no better quality image.
>>
>>9352358
> using a rice cooker
It's like you love bloat
>>
>>9352428
>not using a rice cooker
approximately as white as bacon-flavored mayo on an avocado slice
>>
>>9352424
Well, this is pretty much why you reverse searched it anyway, so what's wrong?
>>
you're supposed to wash rice?
>>
>>9339877
Two times, the third time I just use the water to cook
>>
File: asianwoman.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
asianwoman.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>9352358
>a rice cooker

This is my rice cooker.
>>
>>9340388
>implying H Mart carries solely Korean rice items
You should visit the store sometime, they're pretty good.
>>
>>9352358
I am not made of money, I cannot justify buying a fucking extra appliance just to cook rice once in a blue moon.
>>
i only wash if im making sticky rice
>>
>>9353535
I've seen pics of your food. You need all the help you can get.
>>
>>9342943
I got it. It's p good.
>>
>>9342193
>watcha doin?
>ah rinsing the starch off my starch
>>
>>9353686
arguable. i bought mine about 8 years ago for 30e as a poorfag student and used it maybe four dozen times since, including as a steamer. imo having the convenience of perfectly cooked rice with just the button press was worth it. plus its easy to make full meals if you place sausages or some green shit in the steaming tray while the rice is cooking.
>>
File: 1490740525934.jpg (97KB, 415x454px) Image search: [Google]
1490740525934.jpg
97KB, 415x454px
>>9339877
I have never washed any rice and it always comes out perfect, even shit like jasmine or basmati.

Why do you wash rice?
>>
>>9353686
It's worth it, you can use it as a steam as well.

It's also really convenient to just leave the rice to cook and not think about it. Rice comes out perfect.

It's the price of a good knife or a good pan, what's not to like ?
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.