[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you stir fry veggies, how many calories does it add to them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: ESOW4.jpg (452KB, 530x768px) Image search: [Google]
ESOW4.jpg
452KB, 530x768px
When you stir fry veggies, how many calories does it add to them? Is it just the calories in the oil and the sauce? Or anything more?
>>
>>9338467
>fried veggies
really?
>>
>>9338467
>>Is it just the calories in the oil and the sauce?
Yes.
How many calories you add depends on the recipe. Some stir-fries have very little, if any, sauce. Others have a lot of high-calorie sugary sauce.

Most veggie stir fries don't have a high calorie sauce, but something like General Tso's chicken is a different story.
>>
>>9338479
Debate this shit later i just want answers
>>
>>9338467
How could there be more calories in a dish than the sum of the calories of the ingredients? How old are you?
>>
>>9338481
Thanks
>>9338484
Guess im just being paranoid. Thanks
>>
>>9338489
No, you're being stupid. Think for once in your fucking life. Where did you think those magical calories would have come from? Do you think the high heat adds calories?
>>
>Is it just the calories in the oil and the sauce? Or anything more?
They absorb the wild calories floating in the air. What do you think, genius?
>>
Cooked food has more calories than raw food faggots.
>>
>>9338484
Well when you cook something you burn the calories out, but if you're doing something like ice cream (which is very high calorie and unhealthful) making it colder increases the density of the calories.
>>
>>9338608
Sort of like chopping the vegetables smaller reduces the calories, right?
>>
>>9338639
Well then it matters how much air is around the veggies when they cook so the calories can escape.
>>
>>9338573
There is no reason to be rude to OP like that, this is kind of a legitimate question. When an ingredient is used as a cooking medium like oil exactly how much of it makes it through to the final calorie count is probably somewhat difficult to estimate exactly. Maybe if you're just coating the pan and stir-frying it's reasonable to just add the whole spoonful of oil you used or whatever to the total count but there's basically infinite ways this situation could vary and it's something I've wondered about too
>>
>>9338668
No estimate is ever exact. If you want to sperg about it you can always weigh your wok and serving plate before cooking, and again after cooking, to see how much of the oil stuck behind and you'd didn't eat. But nobody is actually going to bother to do that.

The simple answer is to ignore it. The vast majority of stir fries use a small amount of oil, and a lot of it remains behind coating your cookware, plate, etc. The amount in your food is negligible.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.