[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a pound of hatch chilis and a couple habaneros that are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: black-grapes-juice-recipe-1[1].jpg (33KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
black-grapes-juice-recipe-1[1].jpg
33KB, 500x376px
I have a pound of hatch chilis and a couple habaneros that are going to be turned into hot sauce.
I keep seeing hot sauces with blueberries and mangos and shit added to them.
I'm watching a house for a relative now, and there's a lovely wall of concord grape vines fruiting.
Is there any way grape juice in a lacto-fermented hot sauce will NOT taste like shit? The logical side of my brain says this is a terrible idea but the wannabe mad scientist side is compelling me. I don't really wanna end up with hot sauce I'm not going to enjoy using though.
Pic semi related.
>>
>>9338267
Just don't
>>
>>9338267

I honestly don't see why not, fruits and berries go so well with spice

can't you just make the chili and then try making a small batch of grape infused hot sauce on the side?

Get back to us OP, I've really gotten curious
>>
>>9338285
Unfortunately, I have only a single container here to put my hot sauce into. I planned that fucking poorly, but I really have no ability to experiment here.
>>
>>9338267
Prior to wasting your peppers you, should do an experiment by juicing some grapes and mixing it with a hotsauce and see how it tastes. My own guess is you wouldn't want to go much over 10% fruit.

I made a blueberry/chipotle sauce for some BBQ ribs that tasted good with the smoked pork but that's a bit different from making a hot sauce.
>>
>>9338611
>I made a blueberry/chipotle sauce for some BBQ ribs that tasted good with the smoked pork but that's a bit different from making a hot sauce.
Forgive my ignorance, but how's that any different from making a hot sauce? Sounds like you made some good hot sauce over barbecue.
>>
>>9338685
Many hot sauces are made by fermenting the peppers & fruit and then pureeing it after fermentation.
>>
>>9338285
2nding this. Go for it and try it out.

Hatches are cheap as hell right now. Habs are cheap too. The grapes are free. So it's not as if there is any big risk or loss if it doesn't taste good.
>>
>>9338267
i'm suddenly interested in trying this out myself. what about allspice and cloves as well as some sugar after fermentation? try for something that tastes like a spicy wine jelly? wine jellies are good so i don't see why this can't be. probably be good on pork, too.
>>
>>9338690
Are you telling me that I'm already doing this wrong? Fuck off. I hate this. I give up. Food fucking sucks anyways.
>>
>>9338727
Kek
>>
File: 20170508_103955.jpg (821KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170508_103955.jpg
821KB, 2048x1152px
>>9338690
Yeah, I was distinguishing between a fermented hot sauce (which I do, pic related) and just a cooking sauce I make for a specific dish.
>>
>>9338727
Fermenting a hot sauce from fresh peppers is simple as hell dude. Halve your peppers and grapes, pack in a sanitized jar and cover with a 5%brine (5g kosher salt/100ml non-chlorinated water and let sit for 1 month. Then puree. If that sounds like too much work, then just puree your peppers and grapes with some salt and vinegar, you lazyass fuck.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.