[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a bunch of these peppers and no idea what to do with them.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: bananapeppers[1].jpg (13KB, 400x262px) Image search: [Google]
bananapeppers[1].jpg
13KB, 400x262px
I have a bunch of these peppers and no idea what to do with them.

I did a few batches of stuffed peppers but still have tons of peppers left over, I used some for stirfry and some just grilled to go on burgers but i'm running out of ideas here.

Anyone know a way to use prox. 2lb of mild peppers?

They taste inbetween a jalapeno and a bell pepper, sweet but still slightly spicy. I don't think they are hot enough to make a sauce out of.
>>
Make a simple refrigerator pickle, no need to even can if you store in refrigerator.

http://www.blessingsoverflowing.com/refrigerator-pickled-pepperoncini-peppers/
>>
>>9338189
I'm in a similar pickle with some sweet peppers.
>>
Pickle um. And not a pussy vinegar, but salt brine them.

So what you do, slice um and out them in a cheese cloth bag, if not, just slice one side but not in half. Add some similarly delt tomatoes
Put all that in a jar large enough so that fills up about half of it.
Next get a plastic bag, fill it with a layer coins (submerge it in a bowl of water with just the opening sticking out to get all the water out. Now you should have something like a piece of chain mail made out of coins.

Put that on top of the peppers so that when water is added they stay submerged

Now get a cup of water +like 6/8ths is a table spoon of salt and mix them together. Add it to the jar till the peppers are entirely submerged and have.
Repeat this last step as many times as necessary
Let sit for 4-8 weeks and you got some nice pickled peppers. They should end up a bit spicier than when you started. Good luck and if you have any questions ask um here or make a thread about fermented peppers
>>
Mole with fresh peppers?
>>
>>9338189
Chop them up and put them on a pizza
>>
>>9338189
-Roast pepper sauce
1. Cut off the stems and de-seed.
2. Char skin of peppers under a broiler / over a gas stove / whatever.
3. Peel off the charred remains of the skin
4. Puree in a blender or food processor
5. Pour through a strainer to get rid of any remaining skin and to make the sauce smooth.
6. Use instead of tomato in sauces. Can be frozen for future use.

Peperonata
3 peppers
3 tomatoes
1 onion
1 tbs minced garlic, or to taste
salt, pepper to taste
Olive oil as needed
2tbs fresh basil
1 tbs vinegar (balsalmic / apple cider / red wine will all do)

1. De-stem and seed the peppers and slice into strips about the width of your thumb.
2. Slice onion the same way.
3. Peel and de-seed tomatoes
4. Heat oil in a pan and add the onions. You want them to get some color on the edges, but not fully caramelized.
5. Stir in tomatoes
6. Add sliced onion, cover, and simmer on medium heat until peppers are nice and soft.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Stir in garlic, vinegar, and basil
9. Season to taste with salt and pepper
10. Serve as a side dish. Can be frozen.
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 267x189px
Do a lecsó. Sweat diced onions, add paprika powder, smoosh a few toms in with your hands, add sliced peppers and cook until theyre still somewhat crunchy. You can eat it with rice, sauaages, or just bread. Crack some eggs on it in a pan for more body if you prefer.
>>
>>9338454 samefag
A slightly more complex version will have you sweat the onions on bacon along with crushed garlic and adding a little bit of powdered cumin seeds with the paprika powder.

If you reduce and blend it, lecsó makes a pretty good sauce for meats or even as a base for chilli or soups.
>>
File: jalapeno_popper_154454_23943_n.jpg (42KB, 468x312px) Image search: [Google]
jalapeno_popper_154454_23943_n.jpg
42KB, 468x312px
Cut off the stems and de-seed, roast in oven, then peel off the skin. Stuff with a sharp cheese and spices of your choosing, bread or batter them and deep fry.

Pic somewhat related.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.