[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Growing up I learned to love some simple foods my parents made.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2063.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2063.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
Growing up I learned to love some simple foods my parents made. As an adult I have learned there are better ways to prepair some of these dishes. I can't seem to let some go though. Example; leftover bun of some sort be it hamburger or hotdog. Slather said bun in butter and cover in garlic salt, broil until golden and delicious. I know this isn't proper garlic bread but when I think of garlic bread this is exactly what I want.

What I'm saying is I know there is better garlic bread out there but I prefer this.
What sub optimal preparations of food do you prefer CK?
>>
File: 20170724_030903.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170724_030903.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
I can't think of anything except American cheese on grilled cheese.

I know there are better options, but the cheapness of American plus its acceptability in this sandwich makes it a clear choice for me.
>>
I consider myself a cheese snob, but a cheeseburger needs to be made with processed cheese like Kraft Singles. The texture and flavor is perfect for that.

I also take my chili cooking very seriously and I have even won several major cookoffs. But chili dogs need to be made with cheap canned crap like Hormel or Wolf. Good chili doesn't work there.
>>
File: IMG_2061.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2061.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9337770
I am guilty of that too. Grew up eating american cheese in my grilled cheeses. Did you use butter or margarine there? I always have used real butter.
>>
>>9337782
Wolf is great for chili dogs! Do you ever mash the beans to create a thicker sauce?
>>
>>9337799
I used mayo on the one on the left (first time I tried it, didn't like it; it had a weird, sour aftertaste), and butter on the one on the right.

I never use margarine for anything.

Some fine-looking sandwiches there my man.

Do you spread the butter on the bread or put it in the pan?
>>
>>9337813
I am a little heavy handed on the butter. I spread it on the bread but end up spinning it in the pan as to ensure even distribution and browning.
>>
>>9337858
Fuck you Favreau
>>
File: IMG_1866.jpg (269KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1866.jpg
269KB, 800x800px
>>9338961
You wound me. I don't go to half the trouble that fat fuck did. I just pay attention to what I'm cooking.
>>
>>9337858
I'll have to try it that way.

I'm usually lazy and just rub the stick of butter on the pan.
>>
>>9339547
I've done it that way too. Better coverage with spreading it first.
>>
>>9337745
god that bread, my family too. garlic salt or johnnys seasoning salt
>>
>>9337745
Looks good OP I'd definitely eat a plate with you
>>
File: HER1100367Heinztomato.jpg (261KB, 972x712px) Image search: [Google]
HER1100367Heinztomato.jpg
261KB, 972x712px
>>9337745
Tin of pic related dumped on some cooked pasta and then covered in grated chedder and baked in an oven for 20 mins.

It's absolutely garbage food but I used to make it a lot when I was a teen and didn't know how to cook and it's nostalgic to me.
>>
>>9337745
I still make garlic bread this way and doubt I'll ever stop.

>>9337770
I went to this place in NYC supposedly know for their grilled cheeses and got this one with muenster and a side of tomato soup and all that... And I preferred my shitty American cheese crap. Thanks Mom.
>>
>>9337770
>>9337782
>>9337799
I'll never understand why people freak out over using american cheese.
It's very tasty, has a fantastically low melting point which gets you that delightful gooey texture you're chasing without overcooking anything else, and is actually more calcium rich than actual cheeses.

Also I honestly cant think of anything my mom used to make that I like that way. She's a pretty shit cook.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.