[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm cooking a meal for my family tomorrow. They say they'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: salmon tagliatelle.jpg (349KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
salmon tagliatelle.jpg
349KB, 2000x2000px
I'm cooking a meal for my family tomorrow. They say they'd like some seafood.

Anybody got any recipe suggestions?
>>
>>9332942
>Anybody got any recipe suggestions?

It's too early for recipes. First step is to find out what seafood you can get that's good and fresh. Once you have picked your igredient then you can find a recipe for it.

It's kinda dumb to pick a recipe first only to find out that your market either doesn't have the required fish/shellfish, or it's in bad shape.

Visit market. Find what looks the best. Then pick recipe.
>>
>>9332942
Flyovers shouldn't attempt seafood. Tell them to pick a different genre.
>>
>>9332955
I'm A Gigantic Faggot: The Person
>>
>>9332960
No actually he's right. If you can't get seafood fresh it's pointless. Unless you want crappy seafood. You want crappy seafood, anon?
>>
>>9332955
Just looking for ideas before I head out. I tend not to cook fish that often.
>>
>>9332971
Most kinds of seafood can be grilled, sauteed with garlic, butter, and white wine, or poached/boiled (depending on species) in a flavorful liquid like court bullion or a spicier "seafood boil".

But honestly it makes a lot more sense to see what seafood you have to work with before you choose your method of cooking.
>>
>>9332970
I'm A Gigantic Faggot: Part II
>>
File: cod.jpg (4MB, 2592x4608px) Image search: [Google]
cod.jpg
4MB, 2592x4608px
And I'm back
>>
>>9333187
Nice.
Suggestions for that: Fish and chips. Sauteed in the pan with steamed veggies & wild rice on the side. Encrust it with pepper and curry powder, pan-sear, serve with a salad of mixed greens.
>>
File: IMG_1137.jpg (130KB, 750x928px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1137.jpg
130KB, 750x928px
>>9332942
Made this Jamie Oliver cod dish last week which was a big hit for my family
>>
>>9333200
Is that pancetta?
>>
>>9332942
Let's start at square 1. Make sure you have fresh ingredients. This is important for all cooking but absolutely imperative for seafood. Never buy seafood at the grocery store. Go to you local fish market instead. Ask what just came in. Step 2 will depend on what you have purchased.
>>
>>9333208
Yup
>>
kingfish sashimi
>>
Can't go wrong with a nice cut of salmon.
>>
File: quick-paella-88352-1.jpg (1MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
quick-paella-88352-1.jpg
1MB, 3000x2000px
>>9332942
You could always try your hand at a paella anon. Or do a seafood gumbo with shrimp and crab and maybe some andouille sausage with a nice loaf of crusty French bread.
>>
>>9333694
I am not a picky eater but I really don't see the appeal of salmon.
>>
>>9333780
Not a bad idea. My dad loves cooking this.

I always find myself full very quickly...something about sticky rice.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.