[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So hypothetically, if I were to find a frozen mammoth, would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Small bab.jpg (124KB, 600x409px) Image search: [Google]
Small bab.jpg
124KB, 600x409px
So hypothetically, if I were to find a frozen mammoth, would I die if I ate its meat?
In a follow up question, would this be legal?
>>
>>9332514
If something is frozen,it more the less dead,but stab a knife in it's head just to be safe.
And yes,it would be illegal.
>>
Unless it's an area that is specifically legal to take fossils, it's illegal to take them on public lands and wildlife parks in the USA.

And it would taste like shit. People have tried mammoth meat and they said it was awful because just because it's been frozen for thousands of years doesn't make it preserved enough to eat.
>>
>>9332514
Anon, is there something you want to tell us?
>>
>>9332571
this.
Just because it might be safe to eat doesn't mean it is tasty.
>>
I'm pretty sure old starving Soviets ate them in the last world war out of desperation and they were fine.
>>
There was a documentary about digging up a frozen mammoth that I saw on tv and a guy actually grabbed a bit of raw meat and ate it.
It wouldn't be hard to find on YouTube. It was either on national geographic or Discovery channel.
>>
>>9333007
I mean, I'd try it. I know it would be bad but I'd still do it because how often do you get the chance to eat an animal that's been extinct for thousands of years?

I can't actually find the source of where some people had tried mammoth meat. Only thing that's coming up is some explorers club and what I remember reading was older than that. I haven't read all of this but at least some dogs ate it.
http://hanskrause.de/HKHPE/hkhpe_12_01.htm
>>
>>9333033
The explorers club thing was a meme, he just served green turtle and lied so that people could think they had a fun time
>>
>>9333025
This, Russians are complete madmen. It's been done, OP, and the guy lived. If you go to Siberia, you can probably get in on some mammoth stew too.
>>
>>9333020
Nah, not during the war. It was just some dude who got tired of waiting in the bread line.
>>
>>9332571
>People have tried mammoth meat

Hold on, in which universe do you belong again?
>>
Holy shit that would be so dried out.
>>
>>9334256
Have you even bothered reading the thread?
They find pretty intact mammoth bodies in the permafrost in Siberia all the time, people have tried eating them.
>>
>>9334256
http://mentalfloss.com/article/57100/time-250000-year-old-mammoth-was-served-dinner
It was likely awful, but Id eat it to truthfully claim I had eaten it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.