[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are the best (cheap) restaurants in rome? are there any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: bangbus.jpg (286KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
bangbus.jpg
286KB, 1280x853px
what are the best (cheap) restaurants in rome? are there any actual italians here or just larping americans? going in a few days
>>
>>9328980
Italians were wiped out 300 years ago during the Great Spaghetti Famine. Italy is now entirely populated by Americans doing funny accents
>>
There are absolutely shitloads of them.
I like the Antica Boheme which is on the Esqualine.
>>
>>9329002
You're missing the point. There's a long-standing "thing", even in Italy, that "there are no real Italians south of Rome".

Gotta go to the North to get real Italian food. Or so they say.
>>
>>9329002
BADA BING BADA BOOM
>>
>>9329027

That's bollocks though, the northern cities at least are all v. cosmo fashionista dominated. Not sure about the rural north but my impression is that it's a bit "rivieraesque".
>>
>>9328980
>are there any actual italians here or just larping americans?
why in God's name would anyone want to be a disgusting Italian
>>
>>9329035
I never said it was true, anon. But there really is some kind of long-standing cultural divide. I don't pretend to know the how-and-why of it, but it really is a thing.
>>
>>9329332

It might have been true once. But you'll find Tuscany a lot more "Italian" than Milan these days.
>>
>>9329332
There is some form of cultural divide, but you missed it entirely.
The basics is north-center-south, but when it comes to food is much more complicated than that.

>gotta go to the North to get real Italian food
Absolute bullshit.
If we're talking about iconic "italian food" that the average foreigner would recognize, actually, the best regions are Emilia-Romagna, Lazio and Campania.
Notice that one is in the south, one is in the center, and one is debated to be either center or north.

Anyway, since you're going to Rome, know that the best pasta dishes (like carbonara, cacio e pepe) are from there. Most restaurants, expecially those not really targeted for tourists, elevate them to absolute masterpieces. And they are usually cheap.
>>
>>9329027
The southern italians are more closely related to romans than the northern.

Really makes you think on who the real 'italians' are, also their cuisine is better. Fact.
>>
>>9329313
get fucked burger

>>9328980
>"Angry Pig panino e porchetta"
it's not a restaurant actually, but you can taste the real "porchetta", which is a rome and lazio's special roasted meat.
People usually eat it with bread, with the vegetal carbon bread is even better than normal bread, actually.
>"La fata ignorante" - The ignorant pixie (translated)
Pretty good place, Recommended, not very expensive.
>Trastevere neighborhood
There are many traditional restaurants there, just look up for something on the guides
>"Sora Lella"
Very Very traditional place

>protips
AVOID AT ALL COSTS places that serve "fettuccini alfredo" and such, these things aren't italian by any chance
Italian cuisine is a meme, actually every single region has his OWN cuisine, since you're visiting Rome, go for a traditional roman or lazio restaurant similar to "sora lella".
Menus written in english are usually a bad indicator, meaning that they could be tourist
traps.
Tourist traps are located near monuments and points of interests, DO NOT DINE IN FRONT OF THE PANTHEON, it will likely result in a bad experience.
If you see something written in italian, feel free to ask.

Enjoy your trip to Rome

>t. Lombard Italian
>>
>>9329383
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't gnocchi alla romana a specialty in Rome, also?
>>
>>9329383
I agree 100% with this.

>>9329392
We are all Italians, dipshit

>>9329404
correct
>>
>>9329412
Yeah, sure. Just you wait until Abu Abdullah al-romani, shows you what a true italian looks like with his amazing sicilian cuisine, you pretender.
>>
Since this is 4chan I'm also gonna fling the metaphorical shit and give a basic tier list of regional cuisines:

Top tier: Lombardy, Emilia-Romagna, Campania and Sicily

Shit tier: Tuscany and Calabria

Good tier: anything else
>>
>>9329453
>Tuscany
>Shit

?????

Did you get offended because of the salt free bread they serve?
>>
>>9329469
I live in tuscany and that's the least of its cuisine's problems.

Literally the only good traditional dishes are Fiorentina, which is just a big ass steak (though the quality of the meat you can find here is generally very high), and cacciucco.

Everything else is niche, not just tuscan (say cecina is exactly the same thing as farinata), or complete crap.
>>
>>9329453
This list confuses me.

Can you scale them by the internationally known 'JUSTA LIKE-A MAMMA USETA MAKE' scale of italian cuisine?
>>
>>9329676
There isn't such thing, italian cuisine is a meme perpetrated by the uninformed.
Every "italian" recipe or food originates from a peculiar region
ex:
Pizza = Naples - Campania
Carbonara = Rome - Lazio
Pizzoccheri = Valtellina - Lombardy
Tagliatelle alla bolognese = Bologna - Emilia Romagna
>>
>>9329398

youre the best, anon. really came through
>>
>>9329711
but were they justa like-a mamma useta make?
>>
>>9329404
I'm sure everything "alla romana" is a safe bet, like saltimbocca alla romana
>>
>>9328980
there's a really good restaurant just off Via Brescia called Pizza Pizza. Would recommend.
>>
>>9328980
Rome is compact and touristy. Expect pickpockets if you use the subway. If your goal is food you're better off with Florence of Sicily. If you're stuck with Rome, the good food usually isn't near the sights.
>>
>>9329398
>enjoy your trip
stopped reading there
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.