[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good crock pot recipes? I just got one and I love it but I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 20170821_042539.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
20170821_042539.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
Good crock pot recipes? I just got one and I love it but I don't know what to make in it. I think it's about 4 or 5 quarts (pic related) but I'm not sure
>>
i made pulled pork in mine once and it was pretty fucking good.
>>
>>9328866
How did you do it
>>
>>9328896
>Get pork shoulder or Boston butt
>Rub with mixture of salt, black pepper, mustard powder, brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, cayenne, and garlic
>Mostly paprika and brown sugar
>Wrap in plastic, leave in fridge overnight
>Sear until nicely caramelized on the outside with a grill or oven set to broil
>Place in crock pot with a cup or two of apple cider vinegar, a sliced onion, and a sliced apple
>Cook on low for 6-8 hours
>Make sauce by combining 1 cup of apple cider vinegar with 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 2 teaspoons tabasco sauce, and 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
>put it all in a bottle and shake until dissolved, let sit for a day
>Actually make the sauce when you dry rub the pork so it's ready at the same time
>When pork is done, pull it apart inside the pot with two large forks
>Toast hamburger buns
>Put meat on bun
>Sauce it
>Put a spoonful of slaw on it
>Cap it off
>Eat with a side of fries, chips, or hush puppies
t. NCfag who's done it before
>>
>>9328924
I came
>>
I made beef Madras curry in mine yesterday, it turns out great.
Still got some left to take to work tomorrow.
>>
>>9329066
How did you make it
>>
>>9328866
>>9329066
Weird that I'm stealing recipes from two different 66 dubs posts
>>
pumpkin, sweet potato, russet potato, carrot, onion, garlic, vegi broth salt pepper 6 hours blitz and enjoy your delicious soup
>>
>>9328839
>Chop up chuck or chuck steak into 1 or 2 inch chunks
>brown in hot pan on all sides, then remove from heat
>Add oil to pan, sautee diced onion in hot pan, scraping up browning bits, until soft
>add garlic, sautee for a minute until fragrant
>add mushrooms of your choice, I used about 6 thinly sliced baby bella mushrooms
>add tsp of anchovy paste/3 anchovies, tsp of allspice, tbs of tomato paste, salt and pepper
>deglaze pan with 1/2 cup of red wine, reduce until pan is mostly dry
>add 1 cup of beef broth to hot pan, stir together
>dump meat and the pan contents into slow cooker
>cook on high for ~3-4 hours, serve over mashed potatoes, egg noodles, pasta, or with good bread
>>
>>9329160
oh I also roasted carrots and onions separately, though you can throw these in when you put everything in the slow cooker, though they only need ~2 hours in there on high or else they will turn into mush.
>>
>>9329115

I use this recipe

http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/slow-cooked-indian-madras-beef-curry-L9361.html?page=4#comments
>>
>osso bucco pork
>cider of choice
>dried onions
>seeded mustard
>dump all of the above in and leave it overnight
>wa la
>>
>>9329191
>>dried onions
why
>>
Here's a cheap stew I made for lunch this week!

>One sweet potato
>One japanese purple sweet potato
>Lots of mushrooms
>Onion
>Cubed tofu
>Enough veggie broth to cover ingredients
>Whatever spices you please

This is very hearty and is generally better the next day after all the mushroomy flavor stews into the potatoes.
>>
I like to just do pot roast or beef stew in my crock pot. As long as you sear your meat first and use a cut that can stand up to slow cooking you're in for a treat.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.