[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cooked breakfast with a ceramic frying pan today and it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: images(4).jpg (4KB, 307x164px) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
4KB, 307x164px
I cooked breakfast with a ceramic frying pan today and it was one of the most pleasant cooking experiences of my life. The potatoes developed a perfect crust, the eggs slid off the pan and maintained perfect composure, and it cleaned easier than any dish like it.

However, I just get this nagging feeling that it's "too good", like we are going to be reading health reports in 20 years citing ceramic cookware as the catalyst for some terrible chemical exposure or something. After some cursory research, I saw some dubious web pages which indicated ceramic pans acquired outside of the us may emit cadmium and lead, but mine is cadmium free (according to packaging) and us bought, so presumably it's passed some degree of fda regulation.

Am I being paranoid? Do ceramic pans deserve a vaunted status as the future of frying technology?
>>
>>9326974
It'll lose its non stick coating super quickly
>>
>>9326974
This >>9327031 is what you're waiting for. Many people find they start having food stick in as few as three months of regular use.
>>
>>9327031
>>9327056
Damn, thanks for the heads up. Any suggestions for a more sustainable (and bilogically safe) alternative?
>>
>>9327081
I don't think there's proof yet they're unsafe. It's the new Teflon pan. Those don't last forever either. No idea if they can be recycled, but they probably can be. I would think the ceramic shit going back home and the steel slowly rusting into the earth's crust isn't that big of a deal though. As with almost everything manufactured today, the real environmental impact is the carbon emissions from shipping it across the world. We've always had metal and ceramic utensils, but we used to ship things overseas via sailboats. Buy local, I guess?
>>
>>9327081
a well seasoned carbon steel or cast iron frying pan will have the same properties and last you the rest of your life.
>>
Use a bit of oil and it'll stay non-stick for much longer.
>>
>>9327129
can u buy pre-seasoned shit cos i cbf seasoning these nyggas
>>
>>9326974
>Am I being paranoid?
Yes. Why would ceramic--a vitrified material that was "cooked" at well over 1,000 degrees during manufacture--emit anything that could harm you?

>>Do ceramic pans deserve a vaunted status as the future of frying technology?
No, they don't last very well at all. Their nonstick properties are OK at first but before long it will turn useless. That's why you only see this shit at crappy consumer stores and on TV infomercials. You'll never see one in a commercial kitchen because they're a gimmick.

>>9329011
Nearly all cast iron comes pre-seasoned, as does most carbon steel.
>>
As the other guys say, they don't last very long. However, if they are 13 euro each at Lidl, it does not matter. I doubt there are negative health effects with them.
>>
if you know how a stainless steel pan can be seasoned too. It is easily as nonstick as a Teflon pan then. And it will truly last forever.
>>
>>9329053
Most are """ceramic""" . Only the Green Pans with Thermolon are inorganic.

Not vitreous either way, enamel is but that's not non stick.
>>
>>9329483
Can't clean the pan without rubbing it off.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.