[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post cooking red flags. I'll start. If a person owns a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: iu[1].jpg (160KB, 628x600px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
160KB, 628x600px
Post cooking red flags. I'll start.

If a person owns a rice cooker they are definitely too retarded to cook food for human consumption.
>>
I bought a rice cooker at a garage sale for $5 just to try the meme pancakes. Guess that means the last 8 years I have spent cooking in professional kitchens has been undone.
>>
>>9326066
but anon what about these kawaai pancakes :3
>>
>cooks rice perfectly with a capital T, every time
>can preload with rice and water and set to have it ready at the exact time that i desire
>keeps rice warm for 12+ hours without burning or drying out
>>
>>9326066
I don't see the need to call a rice cooker bad when all it does is cook rice with zero effort and decent quality. Every home in China probably has one.
Sure I can cook rice on a stovetop if necessary but honestly I've never looked back.
>>
>>9326096
How are you going to break this to your boss?

>I own a rice cooker
>I am a big fat fraud
>>
>>9326131
Also doesn't take up hob space
>>
Can you just put a tin of coconut milk in there with the rice to make coconut rice or would that screw with the cooking times?
>>
>>9326131
It's about skill, yo. If you own a dishwasher, you're also automatically invalidated to do the dishes.
>>
>>9326148
i think (good) rice cookers run off of sensors not timers, you can put other shit in there
>>
File: 812nm7ABGvL._SX355_.jpg (22KB, 355x288px) Image search: [Google]
812nm7ABGvL._SX355_.jpg
22KB, 355x288px
>>9326066
Housemate owns one of these. Pic related.
Used it once to steam chicken, rice and veggies all at once.
I have to say it did a very good job and I was sufficiently impressed, but seeing as the others don't clean it after using it, I'm not going to use it again, (I'm not cleaning up their shit).
However, I can still make better on the stove top , but I can see it being a useful tool for someone who isn't so proficient in the kitchen, (or the inherently lazy).
Calling it a red flag is just snobbery, Like looking down on someone who makes their own bread in a breadmaker and not doing it entirely by hand. Some people just don't enjoy the process, but like having the homemade results.

Takes allsorts to make a world.
>>
this is so stupid it makes me mad.
Rice cookers cook perfect rice. They're a staple in like every Asian country. They're not even a unitasker because you can cook bread, cakes, vegetables and other grains in them.
>>
Find me an Asian household that doesn't own a rice cooker.
>>
>>9326521
Asians only exist in anime.

Moreover, anyone who doesn't look, think, talk, eat, drink, live, dress, cook, work, or write in the same way as me and all others in the community in which I was born, must be obviously trolling or insane and no doubt hates America and would like to destroy it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.