[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the appeal of fine dining i've just had one and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: dsc1699-as-smart-object-1.jpg (774KB, 4256x2832px) Image search: [Google]
dsc1699-as-smart-object-1.jpg
774KB, 4256x2832px
what is the appeal of fine dining
i've just had one and two memechelin star establishment
one of those 7 course tasting menu with a 200 bucks merlot ( which i also don't get)
well it taste good i guess,but it's nothing to write home about
is this an acquired taste,or something subjective?
its not even my first time,ive tried a japanese and italian one before and it still doesnt activate my almonds
>>
Fuck off flyover
You'll never understand
>>
>>9321761
Yeah, you're right, guess we should all just eat plain pasta with ketchup because new experiences are never worthwhile.
>>
>>9321770
funny because ive stayed in Manhattan for quite a long time
>>9321776
that's why i said it's subjective
am i missing something that others enjoy
is that 'explosion of flavors' and 'marriage in taste' something that people really do experience
enlighten me /ck/
>>
>>9321761
Your grammar, way of speaking, and buzzwords tells me you're a literal child who in all likelihood has never even seen pictures of a michelin starred restaurant, why bother making this thread
>>
File: 375.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
375.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>9321788
>oh yeah let's value OP whole entire discussion because he's a bit inebriated and doesn't uphold himself to the absolutely high level of language that 4chan holds

step off your high horse and try to not make preconceived judgements
>>
Fine dining is a social event. It's something you do with a friend as an event, much like going to the movies. Don't think of it as dinner, think of it as a night out.
>>
>>9321835
That place doesn't have a Michelin star. What even is this thread?
>>
File: ds6477-prp-shot12.jpg (33KB, 550x364px) Image search: [Google]
ds6477-prp-shot12.jpg
33KB, 550x364px
>>9321836
so i've been taking the whole thing wrong all this time?
maybe i've been chasing the wind all this time
>>
File: 024.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
024.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>9321854
oh yeah i totally have to prove myself to dine in a fine dining restaurant to convince an anon i really ate some overpriced stuff
i feel so ashamed on getting called out
>>
If you're incapable of expressing your impressions of food beyond 'it taste good', then yeah I wouldn't bother with fine dining.
>>
>>9321761
Fine dining is a fucking meme. The food is very rarely actually amazing, though it usually does look "pretty".....and that's all that matters to these places and the people who go there.

They want something that looks nice and is good for pictures, both the food and the establishment

If you want the best that food has to offer in pretty much any city, go to the place that is about $40-$50/plate (before drinks). You will find it has the best food around and still a nice atmospher
>>
>>9321858
You stated in the OP that you ate Michelin starred food, which is a pretty reliable indicator of quality, even in asia (despite what some memers may say), when in reality you just ate expensive food that may well have been a scam. If so, that sucks, but it doesn't reflect on fine dining in general.
>>
>>9321863
>The food is very rarely actually amazing
t. never actually had a world-class tasting menu
>>
First off, if you have the wallet for it, it's fun. No one assuming your eating at a gourmet place every night of the week, it's something fun and interesting to do with your friends/with a date. Isn't having crazy ass fine food way more interesting than something bland? It gives one something to talk about and discuss, compare and contrast. Don't you and your friends have something that stands heavily on ceremony that you indulge in from time to time? isn't is a fun memorable experience? It also makes your inevitable return to what ever your go to place all the more refreshing.

Second, It tastes really good,and if you can't get the subtly of the flavors than it gives you an opportunity to practice. Taste, though subjective, is something you have to work on and towards. Your palette needs to "git gud" and the journey to do so is as rewarding as the goals.

Third, And I stress that this is distinct from the food tasting good, is that the food is usually interesting/unique. You could have a million steaks in the world and know a lot about them and know whats good and whats bad, but still have your whole perspective on the meat altered by a unique cooking mechanic or different ingredient. (Steak is probably not the best example but you get my point.)

Tl;dr: Its fun and interesting, don't do it if you're stressing about the price

t. flyover state resident
>>
File: dsr-643-byr-ka.jpg (51KB, 586x512px) Image search: [Google]
dsr-643-byr-ka.jpg
51KB, 586x512px
>>9321871
alright i'll disclose where i ate and try to find proof if it's actually something that can be defined as 'fine dining'
its in a place called taka by sushi saito,its japanese and i had some eel,trout and some white meat,that astor bar pic is because its inside a nice hotel
ive also had French in Singapore,it's called l'atelier and im pretty sure they had a big michelin star plaque framed on the wall
theres no reason for me to bash on fine dining,im just asking /ck/ if its something that im not getting
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.