[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I ground up sunflower/pumpkin seeds (with like a mortar &

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: PumpkinSunflowerSeeds.jpg (131KB, 579x713px) Image search: [Google]
PumpkinSunflowerSeeds.jpg
131KB, 579x713px
If I ground up sunflower/pumpkin seeds (with like a mortar & pestle) and mixed it into a sauce would I lose much of the nutrients of the seeds?

Trying to think of creative ways of using these in my diet, atm I'm just eating a handful of each as a snack
>>
>>9320540
No you wouldn't lose much nutrients. Some oils maybe that would get stuck coating your thing. Fuck eating seats for nutrients though.
>>
>>9321304
>Fuck eating seats for nutrients though
What is bread. What is mustard. What are spices.

What the fuck are you thinking.
>>
Putting sunflower seeds into like, a salad dressing or something actually sounds lovely
>>
I make rice pudding, corn-granola and oatmeal at home with various nuts/seeds and dried fruits in them. My variation iteration is dried cantaloupe and pumpkin kernels in rice pudding. It's also nice in oatmeal but the cantaloupe is far too sweet to add to corn-granola. The sunflower seeds are perfect for that, though. Corn-granola with sunflower seeds, juice-sweetened dried cranberries (sugar-sweetened are too sweet) and matcha powder syrup is quite good, if a bit faggy.

As for grinding the kernels up: go for it. Sunbutter is a thing and I think I've seen pumpkin seed butter before, too. For more savoury applications, dried (not roasted) pumpkin seeds are added, ground up, to a variety of spicy Central American dishes, especially moles. Roasted ones, I think, can be used, too, but I've only used the dried ones. As the kernels are about 42% fat, they're high enough where adding them, ground up, to most any sauce would probably work nicely.
While I've never done this, I know dried pumpkin kernels and dried sunflower kernels have a similar fat content to dried coconut scrapings (a bit less, actually, as dried coconut is about 64% fat by weight) which leads me to believe that you may be able to extract something from them similar in utility as coconut milk. YMMV as this is just speculation. I've never heard of pumpkin/sunflower milk.
>>
>>9320540
Make pasteli-like bars with the seeds, a little warm honey, and lemon zest
>>
Add them to salads (roasted on a dry frying pan or just plain out of the bag). If you want to add them to sauces just do it, no need for grinding. I often add a little sunflower when making rice with vegetables or other meals of this kind. As 1 tbsp is about 60 kcal one has to watch out tho.
Some varieties of pumpkin seeds pop on a frying pan a bit like like popcorn, this is fun.
>>
>>9320540
Try adding them to brown rice before you cook the rice. Don't cringe, but a pack of onion soup mix is a great brown rice base seasoning.
>>
Why would you want to eat those garbage seeds anon, they aren't healthy, it's a meme. Do yourself a favour and don't eat them, they are most likely rancid.
https://books.google.ca/books?id=YD-H5tBVNbMC&pg=PA530&lpg=PA530&dq=tancid.seeds&source=bl&ots=l0nXwSTAs7&sig=Yd2_gazrCQV85aDzgIb22IP79HQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjw3uDdrOTVAhWX3oMKHYYoDGAQ6AEIRzAK
>>
>>9320540
Grind it to a fine flour, add olive oil and salt.
Use it like peanut butter. Yam.
>>
>>9320540

Yes. You have to be very careful with seeds. If you're not careful while grinding them then you can accidentally crush all the vitamins, rendering them useless. Protein can also be crushed out of seeds if you don't crush them gently.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.