[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like making quesadillas at home, and I like Taco Bell's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Quesadilla_300x300.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Quesadilla_300x300.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
I like making quesadillas at home, and I like Taco Bell's quesadillas, but my at home ones never taste much like the TB ones

Anybody have any home cooking methods to make the quesadilla taste more like a Taco Bell one? And yeah I don't just mean the sauce, I have the idea to just make some kind of creamy/spicy sauce myself and put it inside while cooking, that much I have figured out

How exactly is the Taco Bell one cooked, for example, at home the only way I get that kind of nice brown sear is by frying it quite well, but by that point it's very crispy, Taco Bell quesadillas get that brown toasted edge but still remain soft
>>
>>9317113
You need to use real Mexicans
>>
>>9317113
Use lower quality ingrediants.
>>
>>9317113
I'm not sure why you would want to set your sights on something so low. Why imitate a shitty quesadilla when you can do so much better?

>>How exactly is the Taco Bell one cooked,
You can watch them make them. They take a tortilla, put cheese & pre-cooked meat inside it, fold, then put it on a panini press and let it run for a set time. I think it's about 45 seconds.

>>but by that point it's very crispy,
That's a good thing IMHO. Though if you want them soggy you could cook at higher heat for less time. That way you get the browning on the outside but there's no time for the tortilla to cook all the way through and get crisp.
>>
>>9317120
>then put it on a panini press and let it run for a set time.
Ahhh I see....I always figured they just fried it on a grill.

Does anybody have a panini press to describe the results at home?

>That's a good thing IMHO.
Sometimes, sometimes I crave the soft but still toasty texture though but at the same time don't feel like going to Taco Bell (frankly their quesadillas are overpriced)

>Though if you want them soggy you could cook at higher heat for less time. That way you get the browning on the outside but there's no time for the tortilla to cook all the way through and get crisp.

Alright, I'll try that and see if it works today when I make lunch. My only fear there is that the cheese won't get enough time to melt that way
>>
Google a recipe for the creamy jalapeƱo sauce they throw in em. Little meat little cheese blend and that sauce should get you pretty darn close to what they serve.
>>
>>9317307
This. What sauce you use in your quesadillas determines a lot about the final product. If you're not using sauce in them, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>9317141
>wanting to recreate TB food
>I always figured they just fried it on a grill
>fried
>on a grill
what an awesome board
>>
>>9317113
>Use the worst ingredients you can find
>Cook it with a clothes iron (steam off)
>Cut it unevenly
>Wa-la
>>
>corn tortilla
>oaxaca cheese (I personaly use gouda but not everyone likes it)
>pure lard (to fry on pan not as a toping you fat fucks)
there, you can't fuck up with that, and for the love of christ stop using wheat tortillas, they are only for burritas
>>
Maybe try grilling it until the crispy point that you've described, then shoving it in a bag and letting it sit for a while? It seems like part of the reason why the Taco Bell ones are less crisp is because there's some amount of time they spend in the container, almost steaming
>>
>>9317709

You're a shithead, its makes sense. Frying does not only mean deep frying. something submerged in oil.
>>
>>9317709
>doenst fry on a griddle
>doesnt know what a frying pan is

Have you ever actually cooked before?
>>
>>9317115

That doesn't explain how Taco Bell does it.
>>
>>9319464
>>9320243
He may have been referring to the fact that as a fast food place, Taco Bell doesn't really cook any meals to order 'on the grill' per se
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.