[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if i crush a bunch of apples into a mash and ferment the juice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: jacko.jpg (34KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
jacko.jpg
34KB, 640x640px
if i crush a bunch of apples into a mash and ferment the juice and leave it in a warm place...

will that make cider?

no complication.
no nonsence.
just cider.
>>
>>9314586
probably not, biut it will make something alcoholic, so it doesen't matter.
>>
>take windfall apples of bittersweet cider apple varieties, wash with water
>put them in a bucket, mash them into pomace with a hammer
>squeeze between two muslin-covered boards until the juice runs out
>pour into an airtight stone jug or oak barrel right up to the top
>no other ingredients
>should foam after a couple days
>leave the top off for 3 weeks
>put the bung on
>wait like 8 months
>pour it out and regret
>>
>>9314586
Sounds a bit unsanitary.
Get a bucket with a lid and leave the crushed apple and water coveres for like a week.
Strain out apple chucks and leave in a container with an air lock, or balloon, to keep out air and allow air to escape. Leave for about a month and you gots some apple wine.
>>
>>9314645
no fuck wine.
i want shortest amount of drink for the strongest booze.

i want real rough cider. prison cider.
>>
>>9314819
Kilju, or Finnish sugar wine, is the answer.
Take sugar, put it into water, add yeast and maybe a box of raisins
Leave in the corner
w'allah
>>
>>9314819
Take it easy senpi. When i say wine i mean it is a fruit based fermentation with no carbonation. It can get quite strong i assure you. Just add plenty of yeast and plenty of sugar.
>>
>>9314827
By strong i mean as strong as you can get without making liquor (a completely different and more involved process). But you will need to do some research into making the strongest hooch possible. Probably some equipment too. And it sounds like you are interested in neither. Even half assed you can still get a 15% wine though.
>>
>>9314819
Order 1118 yeast online. It will ferment to 18%ABV. Sanitize the shit out of whatever you're brewing in; Starsan is cheap and effective. Use a good damn airlock of some sort.

Don't let your parents catch you being your own alcohol mister.
>>
>>9314963
Being=brewing
>>
File: IMG_0901.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0901.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Yeah. There's yeast in the Apple skin.
It'll probably be shit though, and may well spoil if you don't use a fermentation vessel with airlock (£15 (pic))
I've got 5 gallons bubbling away right now. Apple juice was 65p/litre (so much easier than using apples), cider yeast was £2 from eBay, yeast nutrient was £3 from eBay.
I've had prison wine. A bag of smooshed up fruits and a piece of bread, put into a bag and left for 3 weeks. Truly the most repulsive thing you'll ever consume, but it is alcohol. Stuff is easy to make.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=50tlF3kGbT4
Better yet, when its fermented, build a simple still, and end up with up to 180 proof spirits.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=glQjCKAI4gA
>>
>>9314586
Scrumpy Jack is a real thing? shit, thanks Enter Shikari, now I have more reason to hate bein an americanthave.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.