[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going out with friends for a couple days, we will be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: pies.jpg (342KB, 847x309px) Image search: [Google]
pies.jpg
342KB, 847x309px
I'm going out with friends for a couple days, we will be staying in a weekend house with an averagely equipped kitchen, also we'll have a campfire up most of the time.

I can't cook for shit, but I suddenly got a craving for classic English meat pies like in Sweeney Todd excluding human and cat meat so I decided I want to be in charge of cooking.

Besides the meat pies I have meatballs / rolls in mind as easily made but tasty food.

Please contribute some ideas what would be some good, relatively easily made food for our long weekend. Also, please link a good recipe for aforementioned meat pies.
>>
Did you watch that stupid Townsend and son standing meat pie YouTube crap too, anon?
>>
>>9313189
You see in my soul Anon, I confess.
>>
File: 110174_gombas-gulyas.jpg (40KB, 600x301px) Image search: [Google]
110174_gombas-gulyas.jpg
40KB, 600x301px
Also we are Hungarians so some gulyás is imminent as well.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTc2iGQUdQw

>>9313189

Bumping with that stupid meat pie crap.
>>
>>9313176
You should do some campfire cooking. There's little that can't be made with a proper bed of coals and the right equipment, and plenty that can be made with just to coals. If you have a cast iron dutch oven, there's virtually nothing you can't make over a fire. Apple or peach cobbler is a great dutch oven campfire recipe, you'll find plenty of that online. But for something that doesn't require special equipment, hobo meals are a classic.

Serves four.
>1lb of ground beef
>4 or 5 potatoes, depending on size. Russets or reds work well
>4 large carrots
>1 yellow onion
>4 tablespoons of butter
>Salt, black pepper, and whatever spices you want
Split the beef four ways and form into patties. Slap them onto sizable sheets of aluminum foil. Clean and dice your vegetables and pile them on top. Add spices as you see fit, then top each off with a tablespoon of butter and wrap the meals up in the foil, adding another sheet on top to prevent leaks. Folding the edges in is a must, don't simply crush it together. Wait until your fire burns down nice and low, and the coals have turned white. Carefully place your wrapped meals on the coals and wait about thirty minutes, cooking times depending on how hot your fire got. Turn the meals over after 15 minutes with a pair of grilling tongs. Also use those to take them out, and be let them rest a bit before opening so you don't get blasted by steam too bad. Check for doneness, and either return to the coals for more cooking or eat.

The fun part of these is that everyone can customize their meals and experiment with different combinations. One guy might add bell peppers, another corn. A third might omit the potatoes, replace them with shredded cabbage, and add a dollop of teriyaki sauce. No matter what it's a hot, hearty meal.
>>
>>9313229
What is so stupid about the recipe?
Seems solid enough.
>>
File: IMG_1533.jpg (23KB, 250x179px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1533.jpg
23KB, 250x179px
>>9313247
Oh shit, I didn't see >>9313208
Alright Hungaribros, time for a lesson in good old fashioned Murrican campfire food. Hot dogs skewered and roasted over the flames are the classic. Rotate them constantly, and when they're cooked to your satisfaction just put them on a bun and hit them with your favorite condiments. My favorite combination is mustard and diced onions. For dessert, s'mores. I have no idea why they're called that, but they're delicious. Skewer and roast large marshmallows over the fire much like you did the hot dogs, but these won't take as long. Some like the marshmallows just barely browned, some like to briefly set them on fire. Whatever you do, makee sure you have the rest prepared before you roast the mallows. It's simple, squares of milk chocolate and a thin, crunchy, sweet, cinnamon-flavored biscuit-type thing we call a Graham cracker in the US of A. Not sure what you could get in Hungary that's closest, but it looks like pic related. Simply place your toasted, melty marshmallow between two crackers broken into squares with the chocolate beneath it. Then shove that shit in your mouth like your inner fat capitalist.
>>
>>9313282
Ask >>9313189 I still have a craving for it, my friends will be alright with it that's for sure. Only one vegetarian in the group but she's never obnoxious about it nor annoying.
>>
>>9313176
Cornish pasty
>https://youtu.be/JsZCkBH7v2k
Sausage rolls
>https://youtu.be/3DuaVoEZ2eo
Easy to follow, but you're likely retarded.
>>
>>9313247
>>9313293
Thanks for the contribution, simple but good ideas.
>>
>>9313317
>vegetarian

You can make pies with a lentil and mushroom filling, if you don't want to leave anybody out.
>>
>>9313381
Good point.
>>
>>9313381
I'd eat that voluntarily and I'm not even a veg
>>
>>9313344
Those sausage rolls look soo yummy...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.