[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become really fucking good at cooking without studying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

How do I become really fucking good at cooking without studying the stuff? Any info and guides apperciated! Thanks
>>
>>9309371
Get my shit.
>>
>>9309371
Practice at it every day
>>
File: 1473558484696.jpg (23KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
1473558484696.jpg
23KB, 264x264px
>>9309371
>without studying
>info and guides apperciated
What the fuck do you think studying is?
>>
>>9309377
WHATEVER IT TAKES
>>
You get an 'intuition' for cooking once you get a little more comfortable.
Once you get good at avoiding overcooking and undercooking food, then it gets really easy.

My parents never taught me to cook, at all.
I was obese, and only started trying to cook when I was around 20.

I'm just turning 27 now, and I am far more comfortable in the kitchen (I also dropped 80lbs).
My biggest recommendation is to cook when you are not hungry.

Cooking a recipe for the first time usually is far slower than you would think, and the 'prep time' estimate you usually see on online recipes is not taking beginners into account.

By cooking ahead of schedule, you give yourself extra time for mistakes/slow chopping skills/slow measuring skills/etc.

I would recommend prepping any ingredients before you even turn on a stove. Having everything diced/measured and ready to go makes things way easier and stress free.
>>
>>9309506
Thanks man. Any recipes you think I should try?
>>
>>9309383
Studying as in going to a school
>>
File: image:2963.jpg (22KB, 236x354px)
image:2963.jpg
22KB, 236x354px
Go to YouTube. Find cooks that make shit you like and watch them. Also watch Chef John from food wishes.
>>
>>9309762
Frying eggs are a perfect beginner dish to make. They're good for practicing timing and getting used to using a hot surface like a skillet or grill. Plus they're cheap (89 cents a dozen) and make an amazing easy breakfast if you're ever strapped on cash. It's what I learned to start cooking on.
>>
>>9309506
>My biggest recommendation is to cook when you are not hungry.

Good advice. Your nose won't be as on point when not hungry but a strong nose + hunger = no patience = ruined recipe.
>>
>>9309506
>don't cook when you're hungry
So I should cook a meal 2 hours beforehand and reheat it when I want to eat instead of just having it fresh? Fucktard
>>
>>9309371
Get some common spices, smell them, smell them together, practice mixing, and wa la.
>>
>>9309948
>wa la
>>
>>9309939
seriously you will never be good at cooking if you only cook while you are hungry
>>
>>9309976
You didn't answer my question. Why bother cooking if you're not even going to eat your food fresh? Might as well buy microwave dinners
>>
>>9309976
Not the guy you're replying to, but how so? Where's the difference? I don't get it.
>>
>>9309984
Just plan ahead. Don't START cooking when you're hungry. Hopefully you'll be hungry by the time you're done or after you've washed up a bit.
>>
>>9309371

You do not.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.