[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw picky eater >tfw every night I cook something I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Sanc.jpg (39KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
Sanc.jpg
39KB, 500x666px
>tfw picky eater
>tfw every night I cook something I want to learn to like, spend 30 minutes to an hour making dinner, don't like what I make, and then throw it out and heat up something in the microwave

it fucking sucks bros
>>
hmm, have you tried not being 5 years old?
>>
>>9307238
I try man but I gag on it.
>>
>>9307240
That must be one HUNG 5 year old.
>>
Make simple food and step it up over time. You'll never get anywhere without a feedback loop.
>>
>>9307245
What do you mean simple food? Is picky eating something to do with how complex the food is? Do you mean like the amount of ingredients or cooking method for instance?
>>
>>9307247
Make things that you know you'll eat, then add to it
>>
>>9307267
What if I'm trying to learn to eat new things that make up the body of the meal or are the primary ingredient, like salmon?
>>
>>9307270
Cook it in a foolproof fashion. For salmon, bake it
>>
>>9307286
Okay, cool. can you elaborate on foolproof fashion? Is it different for every food?

What about food you don't cook? I hate tomatoes for instance and am trying to tolerate them more since they're so common chopped in a lot of recipes I read.
>>
>>9307291
If you like salmon put some tomato on the salmon and then eat it.
>>
>>9307303
So just have mouthfuls of food I like plus food I don't like to try and tolerate the latter?
>>
>>9307334
If you don't like something you don't like it, try it deep fried/boiled, pan fried, and baked if you still hate it it's not meant to be. You can still get away with eating it for nutrition by making it smaller and hiding it. Don't like onions? Chop until they're minced and add to your favorite soup, etc
>>
>>9307334
A good way to tolerate new foods is to smother it in fat, salt or sugar. If you dont like tomatoes, try kethup first. If you don't like brussels sprouts, roasted them with plenty of olive oil and salt
>>
>>9307291
Most things like that, it's a matter of trying them in the context that really helps them shine. That way you know what to look for when you try them in a different context.

Most people will agree that BLTs are delicious. Don't use cold tomatoes - room temperature (or heck, microwave them for 20s). Salt them liberally. Don't use too much bacon - a BLT is really a tomato sandwich, not a bacon sandwich.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.