[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just found out I'm lactose intolerant. How do I go on? Can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: milk-does-a-body-good1.jpg (25KB, 399x400px) Image search: [Google]
milk-does-a-body-good1.jpg
25KB, 399x400px
Just found out I'm lactose intolerant. How do I go on? Can we have a thread against dairy and milk?

Can i get away with eating stuff that has milk baked into it like cookies and cakes?
>>
>>9305717
Most people who are lactose intolerant can handle the small amounts left in cheese, yogurt, etc. There usually isn't milk in cookies, just butter and butter has little to no lactose. Cakes will have more lactose so it depends on what you're able to handle.

You could also try "curing" it by slowing introducing it to your gut flora by having a tablespoon of milk a few times a day, and slowly increasing the amount of milk you have each time. It worked for me when I didn't have dairy a few months and started eating it again
>>
>>9305717
>How do I go on?

Lactase tablets.
>>
>>9305717
Mestizos and Africans do not belong here.
>>
>>9305724
I stopped having dairy for two months and had a sprinkle of parmesean cheese on my pasta last night and ended up in the bathroom for an hour. Do you suspect it wasn't the cheese, then?
>>
>>9305717
>Can i get away with eating stuff that has milk baked into it like cookies and cakes?

Yes. It's not like you're having an allergic reaction. Your body just can't process the lactic acids found in milk, so it flushes it, which results in diarrhea and gut pain.

You can't have straight milk, cheese, cream based deserts or sauces, cheese cake, etc.

You CAN have soft serve/frozen yogurt, cookies, cakes, other baked goods, etc.
>>
>>9305756
What makes soft serve/froyo different than like, greek yogurt?
>>
>>9305747
You can never draw conclusions from just one occasion. You must repeat the same experiment several times with different variables (pasta with parmesan, pasta without, pasta with cheddar, just parmesan, etc) before you can say for sure. I once thought I had a bad reaction, also to a pasta dish. Turns out I just had cramps.
>>
>>9305747
I'm pretty sure Parmesan has no lactose because it's a dry and hard aged cheese. It could be a casein allergy, which is an allergy to the protein found in milk and not just trouble digesting lactose like lactose intolerance. Like >>9305789 says it's hard to draw conclusions from one example. Try having Lactaid or some other milk without lactose, or another type of cheese.
>>
>>9305717
>Can we have a thread against dairy and milk?
Can we have a thread to make you feel good about your inability to digest dairy products? How fucking needy are you, that you want douchebags on 4chan to reaffirm your self-worth, because you fart when you eat cheese. Be a fucking man about it, say, "I don't eat cheese" and move on with your fucking life.
>>
>>9305717
I just want to preface this post a bit. I'm not a crazy vegetarian or vegan.

I accidently have up most dairy. I still have cheese and ice cream now and again, but i don't think I've had milk in about six months; even that was me thinking "man, i haven't had chocolate milk in years, I'm going to pick up a bottle!"

Giving up milk is pretty easy, and there's lactose-free options now anyway.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.