[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you keep your recipes? Do you use special software? A

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: recipe_1426460443.png (163KB, 640x546px)
recipe_1426460443.png
163KB, 640x546px
How do you keep your recipes?
Do you use special software? A simple text file, maybe formatted with markdown?

I want to start writing the few things I know how to make down, because I obviously can't remember it. I want to "future proof" it, because I expect to add everything I know how to make to it.
>>
File: PPT105(B)-600x600.jpg (172KB, 600x600px)
PPT105(B)-600x600.jpg
172KB, 600x600px
>>9304528
In a well made bound diary.

It's very comfy.
>>
>>9304539

>consumes spaces
>can't be backed up
>can't easily and aesthethically make corrections

It's somewhat romantic, but not convenient.
>>
>>9304560
Use a tablet if you want to be like that but the waifu and I want a recipe book full of handwritten notes that can be given to the children someday.
>>
>>9304573
>ceremoniously present lovingly maintained hardbound binder full of delicious recipes cultivated over a lifetime and painstakingly written in excellent penmanship
>tfw when the kid says, wtf is this? Why didn't you use a tablet, yuh fuckin luddites.
>>
>>9304640
>implying 'technology' will still be around in 50 years
>>
>>9304560
>keeping electronics in your food prep area
>>
>>9304528
Onenote or google keep, of course. Evernote isn't an option anymore.
>>
I use an app called RecetteTek. I can feed it a URL with a recipe on it and it'll add the recipe to my collection. I can also add my own recipes. It has a backup and restore feature so every now and then I'll back up my recipes and put the backup file on my computer.
>>
>>9304663
I'm going to give this a try. Thanks friend.
>>
I have a spiral cook book thats pretty much blank but has tab dividers for sweets, breads, meats etc. it has a table of contents page before every section and it's great. it's called with love from my kitchen

this is the one I have, got it as a chrstmas gift years ago
https://www.ebay.com/i/232442152351?chn=ps&dispItem=1
>>
>>9304528
I write them on random scraps of paper and stick them in a folder.

Yeah, it's an archaic method, but I find that for me the act of writing down the recipe pretty much commits it to memory. Once I've written down the recipe and made it once or twice then it's very rare that I will ever need to refer to it again.

I think it's important to concentrate on the food itself rather than worrying about exact details of recipes. Unless you are baking then the amounts and timings in a recipe are simply guidelines. Ingredients vary in size, shape, and potency of flavor. That means you need to use your senses to evaluate the food while you're cooking it. Taste the food to see how much seasoning to add. Use the appearance, texture, or a thermometer, to determine cooking time. Rely on that, rather than concentrating on exact measurements and you will have much better results. Exact measurements are counterproductive.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.