[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally never been on /ck/ before. Just asking a simple question:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: Tomato-Clip-Art-PNG.png (539KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Tomato-Clip-Art-PNG.png
539KB, 1024x1024px
Literally never been on /ck/ before. Just asking a simple question:
What's a bitchin' tomato dish? I really REALLY feel like some good, juicy, red tomatoes to be put in my system but I have no idea for recipes and shit because I'm a shit chef.
Recommendations? What's a sick fuckin' tomato-based recipe dish thing?
>>
>>9304223
tomatoes, pan grease, and hot dish soap water always gave me the heeby jeebies, if you want to get sick you could make some of that, and drink it
>>
The tomato suicide, where OP drowns himself in a tub of freshly juiced tomatos. They say you can taste your own fear
>>
Find a good chicken or beef/lamb gyro recipe that has ample amounts of the magical tomato/onion combo. Or a caprese salad. BLT. I've even seen tomato on tuna sandwiches.
>>
raw or cooked?

make a tomato tarte tatin
>>
Make Caprese. It's easy as hell and delicious. Slice tomatoes, add some sliced fresh mozzarella (NOT the block stuff, the round type you see in containers), add some basil, olive oil, salt and pepper to your tastes, and wa la, you have caprese. It's easy to eat a lot of too, so you can use up a lot of tomatoes quickly if you need to.

Some fancy folk like to add in avocado, or pesto, or balsamic vinegar but really it's quite delicious as is.
>>
File: TTJcornbread.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
TTJcornbread.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
Tomatoes go incredibly well with cornbread IMO.

Try an "upside down cake" method with sauce and tomato slices.
>>
>>9304223
OP, I've got you covered.
>buy tomato
>slice tomato
>sprinkle salt on tomato
>place tomato slices in mouth
You may need to develop your knife skillz first tho. A lot of newbies forget that part.
>>
>>9304622
>sprinkle salt on tomato

ruined it
>>
File: Large_bob.jpg (67KB, 1224x802px) Image search: [Google]
Large_bob.jpg
67KB, 1224x802px
Here's a link to one of my favorite tomato recipes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MreUtmdNqpc
>>
>>9304223
Start with the best roll you can get. Cut open and brush the inside with good olive oil. Sprinkle a little salt on it. Layer tomato slices in there. Top with a couple paper thin slices of serrano ham (or prosciutto, or the best dry aged ham you can get).
>>
>>9304274
On a similar note, there's bruschetta.

>dice three or four tomatoes
>mix with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, a teaspoon of basalmic vinegar, and a tablespoon of chopped fresh basil
>toast slices of baguette or Italian bread
>put slice of mozzarella on bread, top with tomato mixture
>>
>>9304223
I guess you could make a tomato based gazpacho, seasoned to taste, which wouldn't require many other ingredients. The other answer is a tomato based vegetable salad with no leafy greens but you need some peppers and an onion at minimum as well as a dressing.

If you have enough tomatoes you could also make a quick pasta sauce (5 hours), but you'd need time and of course, pasta. Good luck out there OP.
>>
File: BLT-Sandwich.jpg (156KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BLT-Sandwich.jpg
156KB, 1500x1000px
BLT
>>
>>9304223
Caprese salad
BLTs
Pico de Gallo
Also, it sounds kinda fucking retarded but I get cravings for simple tomato sandwich every now and then, bake some nice bread, throw some mayo on, top with fresh ripe tomatoes and some salt and pepper and enjoy
>>
>>9304677
Consider replacing the mayo with butter, also a little basil goes great with it
>>
>>9304676
I came
>>
File: heirloom-tomato.jpg (27KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
heirloom-tomato.jpg
27KB, 425x282px
Get some heirloom tomatoes and a blender OP and make some good tomato soup.
>>
>>9304223
we do a ratatouille kind of thing, with fresh tomatoes, squash, zuccini & onion with a little oil and spices. The totmatoes make a sauce mostly in the end but it's a easy way to eat/use a lot of them
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.