[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /ck/ think of lab grown meat cells? https://www.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 6

File: iu[1].jpg (1MB, 2804x2821px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
1MB, 2804x2821px
What does /ck/ think of lab grown meat cells?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y027yLT2QY0

I hope it catches on, I want to eat meat without feeling bad
>>
>>9299439
Anon,have you ever hear about this thing called...
[spoiler]Over-population?[spoiler]
>>
>>9299448
Fuck failed spoiler...
>>
>>9299451
>>9299448
First day?
>>
>>9299454
Haven't used it in a while.
A bit rusty...
>>
>>9299448
I don't follow unless you mean the solution is we start eating pajeets
>>
>>9299456
We kill of farm animals for food.
It't that simple.
>>
If they made it affordable and exactly the same as the real stuff? I'm game.
But I'll not sacrifice a modicum of quality, or else I'm sticking to the real thing.
>>
I'm getting real fucking sick of this same exact social engineering data mining shill thread with the exact same image and the implication that we are too stupid to notice what you're doing.
>>
>>9299466
The fuck are you talking about retard?

its the first image that comes up when you google the subject
>>
File: 7nhd3Z5_d.jpg (25KB, 640x617px) Image search: [Google]
7nhd3Z5_d.jpg
25KB, 640x617px
>>9299471
>Ad Hominem
>Irellavent claim
Hold still...
>>
>>9299477
be gentle
>>
>>9299466

I'm getting real fucking sick of idiots seeming to legitimately think that psyops/marketers/what-the-fuck-ever actually use this site. This place is, as of now, the ass-end of the internet and hasn't had any internet cultural clout in probably years. Nobody cares about this shithole, you schizophrenic. People just get weird and obsessive about topics they want to talk about. Fuck off.

How useful would data mining be in a place where the demographics are as completely skewed as they are here? Retard.
>>
>>9299866
>This place is, as of now, the ass-end of the internet and hasn't had any internet cultural clout in probably years

You really think corporate is nimble enough to know that? To act upon that even if they knew that?
You think corporate really cares to make a distinction between reddit, 4chan, and the rest of those stupid interweb sites that hep young millenials seem to occupy all their time with?

You really trust middle management to not just blast every web community they're vaguely aware of, to carefully consider which internet cesspool is the most influential at any given second and to train its marketeers to be subtle and integrate?
>>
>>9299439

>I want to eat meat without feeling bad

As someone else who thinks about where my food comes from, same here anon. It might take a while for it to taste as good as the real thing, but I think we'll get there eventually.

With what factory farming animals does to the environment and all the resources it wastes, lab produced meat might eventually end up becoming a cheaper alternative too, once the technology is perfected.

In another couple of centuries society might even view factory farms with the same moral disgust that today's society views slave trade or child marriage.
>>
>>9299866
>he thinks there aren't ways of figuring out demographics on 4chan
>he thinks people don't market things specifically towards 4chan type autists
>he genuinely believes in true anonymity on the internet
>he somehow thinks a site with 27 million unique users per month is "ass end of the internet"
holy shit, talk about being a naive retard
>>
>>9299439
Anal worm patty
Welcome to meat 2025
>>
>>9299448
If you think overpopulation is real just visit the USA and go outside major cities
>>
>>9299866
4chan is the single largest English speaking imageboard in the world you delusional moron. And its lead moderator quite literally works for a digital advertising company that specializes in datamining (see: swaglord, Jay Irwin, Taykey advertising)
>>
>>9300248
>he thinks the demographic of 4chan has any money.
>he thinks 4chan has a reputation for doing anything good for businesses online.
>he thinks marketing departments see any possible upside to be associated with a website known for racist pedophiles.
>>
>>9300302
You are so fucking stupid its hard to believe you figured out how to post this. I spent a great deal of time typing out exactly what is happening but deleted it all because im genuinely sick of seeing unintelligent posters such as yourself, and would rather you spouted complete bullshit than knew the truth
>>
>>9299866
Incase you havn't noticed russia has been shilling on american message boards for years trying to cause rifts in western society.

>taken from the foundation of geopolitics
In the United States: Russia should use its special forces within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism. For instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics."[1]"

You are seeing the fruit of this endeavour right now.
>>
>>9300302
just because you don't have any money doesn't mean all 4chan users don't :^)
>he thinks 4chan has a reputation for doing anything good for businesses online.
>he thinks marketing departments see any possible upside to be associated with a website known for racist pedophiles.
you really have no clue how people market things here. also
>implying a business gives a shit who buys their product or watches their shows
>>
>>9299462
Meh, I'd eat it even if it didn't taste quite as good as long as the nutritional qualities were the same. The problem is though they're doing things like taking the heme iron out of the meat, lactose out of the milk, etc. and trying to push it as being for health reasons when it's probably just easier to make it without those things. If the nutrition of it is different that'll put me off from it, even though I really like the idea.
>>
If it ain't moaning in agony as it gets torn apart by a chainsaw, I ain't eat in it.
>>
>>9300272
Akshuly, you're infinitely more likely to get anal worms from a corpse of an animal than from lab grown meat.
>>

stop being a pussy boom mate problem solved innit.
>>
>>9300474
>morality is a problem
You really must be a subhuman to believe this.
>>
>>9299439
Sounds like a great idea on paper.

But I fear that the same thing will happen with lab-grown meat as has already happened with factory farming and GMOs: the focus will be on cost reduction and we'll take a big hit in quality/flavor.

I hope that I'm wrong, but I think that lab meat will end up tasting worse than even factory-farmed meat.
>>
>>9300482
Animals are subhuman. That's why they're not relevant to morality. You have to drag yourself to their level for that.
>>
>>9300505
Only an animal below human can think like that.
If I ate you, it wouldn't be cannibalism - you're as low as the cattle you eat.
>>
>>9300505
>man hunts animals
>man gets injured, animals struggle in the wild and then die slowly and painfully
>man domesticates animals
>protects animals from harsh wild
>develop beneficial relationship with animals
>feel pity for them upon thinking of how much they suffer in the wild and how much they need us
>come up with least painless methods of slaughter to show them respect because they die to feed us
>>
>>9300509
Animals below humans can barely think at all, and the tiny thoughts they do have don't matter.

>>9300525
We don't protect animals from the wild and try to kill them painlessly because of their feelings. We protect our property from being damaged by the wild, and try to kill it as quickly as possible to preserve the quality of the meat and reduce risk to the workers.
>>
>>9300540
>Animals below humans can barely think at all, and the tiny thoughts they do have don't matter.
Damn, you're one self-hating subhuman.
>>
>>9300564

Since when does objectively stating the truth mean that one "hates themselves"? Where does that even come from? There is absolutely zero connection there.
>>
>>9300578
You're saying that your thoughts don't matter. How's that not self-hatred?
>>
>>9299439
Can't come soon enough honestly

Most people are completely ignorant of how devastating the beef industry is, largely due to the efforts of the powerful animal agriculture lobbies. It's bad for us, the cattle, and the planet most of all. It's pretty sickening if you look into it
>>
>>9300581
>>9300564
Christ you people are awful at bantz
>>
>>9300600
>/r/4chan told me there are epic bantz to be had
gb2r
>>
>>9300525
Hahah wow, hope this was a troll and that there isn't anyone out there retarded enough to believe this
>>
>>9300581
I'm not the person who originally posted that; I just saw your reply and thought it was absurd.

Your reading comprehension needs work. He didn't say HIS thoughts didn't matter. He said the tiny thoughts of animals didn't matter.

Also, even if he was discussing his own thoughts how do you get from insignificance to hatred? I think I'm a pretty awesome person and I have zero self-esteem issues. Yet I do realize that among the billions of human beings alive today, as well as the billions of years the earth has existed before me, and will exist after me, that I am just a tiny speck in the cosmos as a whole. Realizing that doesn't mean you "hate yourself".
>>
>>9300581
Because you failed. A simple "you shouldn't talk about yourself that way" would have worked, but you had to try and spice it up, and you blew it.
>>
>sell regular hamburgers
>call them "clean" hamburgers
>vegans think they're getting lab grown meat
>>
>>9300652
>A simple "you shouldn't talk about yourself that way" would have worked

How so? Nobody is talking about themselves in this thread.
>>
>>9300599
>it's bad for the cattle

We need to take care of the environment because we live in it, and we poison ourselves when we poison it. That's a great argument. I don't understand why you'd want to ruin it by being a weepy sentimental retard about what's basically a meat glacier.
>>
>>9300609
watch the movie Temple Grandin
>>
>>9300711
>meat glacier.
Not sure what you mean by that, but you think the terrible way we raise and treat cattle in the meat industry counts for nothing? I think it's pretty deplorable but agree that the environmental impact is the no. 1 concern. People don't know that the leading cause of destruction of the Amazon is due to create grazing lands for animal agriculture industry

if you really want to eat meat then go out and bag a deer yourself.
>>
>>9300809
>you think the terrible way we raise and treat cattle in the meat industry counts for nothing?

Right. They're cows. Cows don't matter except as meat.

>if you really want to eat meat then go out and bag a deer yourself

If you really want to eat a salad, then go out and raise the spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, pine nuts and black pepper yourself.
>>
>>9299866
You can't possibly stupid. You don't venture outside of this board, do you?
>>
File: 1496007807956.jpg (6KB, 271x168px) Image search: [Google]
1496007807956.jpg
6KB, 271x168px
>>9299439
>I hope it catches on, I want to eat meat without feeling bad
Yeah because if we can grow meat in labs we won't need cows or chickens or pigs anymore. We can release all those domesticated animals who have been living on farms for millenia into the wild where they will survive a whopping two days after all the predators eat the retarded livestock who have been bred to be delicious and tasty and are utterly useless at surviving in nature and cows, pigs, and chickens will all go extinct in less than a year.
>>
>>9300836
>Right. They're cows. Cows don't matter except as meat.
Advanced alien species: they're humans. Humans don't matter except as meat

>If you really want to eat a salad, then go out and raise the spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, pine nuts and black pepper yourself.
Ideally, yea. Now you're getting it. However mass farming plant crops doesn't nearly have the same impact as animals. It can be done much more sustainably
>>
>>9300852
>there are subhuman retards who still use this """argument""" without actually considering what would happen
>>
>>9300852
you must be 18 to post on this website.
>>
>>9300858
>>9300862
(you)
>>
>>9299439
That taste test girl was qt.
>>
>>9300525
>Living in the wild is worse than living your whole life in a 3x4 cage surrounded by your own stinking shit
Made me think/10
>>
>>9299448
<spoiler> newfag detected </spoiler>
>>
>>9300857
>advanced aliens

Don't exist, so matter even less than cattle.

>unironically believing that division of labor is bad

It'd be funny if the sustainability drones all really had to eat only what they could grow and make themselves. The ones good enough at farming not to starve to death would be too busy with farm labor to bother normal people. It'd be a step toward peace.
>>
>>9300282

If we want everyone to have first world consumption we are massively overpopulated.
>>
>>9299439
>Not vegetarian but since ethics keeps getting brought up here's my two cents
I you have someone who's gonna be really anal about making sure no slaughter is involved here, this still involves slaughter. Culturing cells requires the blood of dead calf fetuses (used to make fetal bovine serum) in order to provide a suitable growth medium for the cells. Nothing unusual, I've worked in a research lab before and FBS is used for cell culturing in general. As a result this'll be a place where research is still working on an alternative, as it could be used in both this + the research labs

>Ignoring the ethics, onto taste

So this is basically 100% lean meat which is cool, that gives you full control over what fat to add to the dish. That said, i'd be interested if they could get texture right so you could do steak or something.
>>
>>9299455
why would /ck/ ever have spoilers enabled?
>>
If they can make lab meat taste as good as real meat, while keeping the same texture/etc, and keeping the price similar or lower, Id buy and consume the ever loving fuck out of "fake" meat.
>>
>>9299439
You can eat meat without feeling bad right now, stop being a pussy.
>>
>>9299439
it's all ground beef though, how about ribs, shanks, ox tail?
>>
>>9300711
That's essentially why I said I felt bad eating meat but I do feel for the animals too
>>
>>9299439
we should hang the bugmen responsible for this from lampposts
>>
>>9301067
Nigga we have MORE than enough food for everyone the problem is distribution
>>
>>9299439
Whats the point?
>>
>>9299439
>pig cells
absolutely haram
>>
>>9300852
There will still be people who want "real" meat. Not only that, but they'll probably be kept in petting zoos for educating children and farms to keep a supply of the animals in case we ever need more cells from them to start new batches of lab-grown meat. They definitely won't go extinct, they just won't be in the numbers they are now.
>>
maybe a good solution for us running out of water. it tastes bad tho.
>>
>>9299439
is it Halal?
>>
>>9303663
>huehue animals gan't veel bain XD
>>
>>9299439
that patty does not look edible
>>
>>9303805
Duh
It's raw meat
Humans aren't true omnivores like pigs, to properly absorb nutrients from meat we need to cook it first.
We have much less natural resistance to pathogens found in raw meat - eating raw meat that is anything but highest quality and sterile is just asking for food poisoning and even parasites.

So raw meat SHOULD look inedible to a sane, healthy human.
It's about as healthy as eating flies or cockroaches.
>>
>>9303838
no look at it

it looks like worms are crawling all over it
>>
>>9303840
Ironically, the chance of getting worms from eating it is billions of times lower than from raw meat that was a part of an animal.
>>
>>9299477
Calling somebody a retard is abusive but not necessarily an argument ad hominem.
>>
>>9299439

I don't see the point as the real flavour of meat comes from knowing that a lower form has suffered and expired to provide it.

Death is delicious.
>>
>>9299448
soylent green its people
>>
>>9300858
>>9300862
>>9300843
>>9300609
could you fucking niggers elaborate on what you're trying to say instead of mindlessly shitposting.
>>
I imagine it'll end up like that old movie The Stuff in which it becomes sentient and tries to kill us all.
>>
>>9300326
Good post.
>>
>>9299439
I think it's vegan.
>>
>>9300289
Oh shit I didn't know that about swaglord. Surprised /pol/ isn't all over that. Guess they're too worried about which KKK rally to attend rather than care about anything significant.
>>
>>9304027
>i determine what is significant
who do you think dug up that info in the first place
>>
>>9300341
Heme's fairly well studied so I doubt that removing it is to make things easier.
>>
>>9299439
Go hunting.
>>
>>9303763
They do, and they deserve to. All beings other than humans deserve to be subjugated.
>>
File: my meat is growing.png (689KB, 1161x655px) Image search: [Google]
my meat is growing.png
689KB, 1161x655px
>>
>>9304027
you can see what kind of data the company i work for collects, and it clearly isnt from 4chan.

it's normie trends from Twitter/FB: https://taykey.com/
>>
>>9301427
For shitposting purposes. Wish it worked on here.
>>
>>9300342
But lab grown meat creates 90% less ghg emissions. That means you can drive a 90% bigger monster truck.
>>
>>9299439
Honestly I think the biggest obstacle to this is the rampant chemophobia on food marketing.

>>9303608
This would help with distribution. You can build artificial meat growing centers much closer to big cities than large scale cattle farms, which require a lot of land.

>>9299459
>>9300342
>>9300474
>>9300836
Most people don't care about compassionate treatment of farm animals, but what about the fact that growing meat this way can be way cheaper and require fewer resources? Would that sway you? If it takes off it means you can buy more meat for the same price next time you grill out.

>>9299462
It would probably taste a bit different, but every kind of meat already tastes a bit different. Maybe we could find some ways to use it that regular meat couldn't be used.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170815-102923.png (634KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170815-102923.png
634KB, 1280x720px
>>9300883
I would love to suck on her meatballs
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.