[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does eating raw eggs get such a bad rap? My neighbor keeps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: eggs.jpg (975KB, 2121x1416px) Image search: [Google]
eggs.jpg
975KB, 2121x1416px
Why does eating raw eggs get such a bad rap? My neighbor keeps chickens and occasionally she'll give us some eggs for free, sharing. And now with this EU egg scare I'm glad she's there.

But still, what exactly is wrong with eating raw egg? It's not meat, it can't spoil like that.
>>
Raw meat won't spoil right away either but what's wrong with eating it raw? Just cook your eggs man lol.
>>
>>9296609
Broadly, there is an elevated risk of salmonella, due to the general elevated risk associated with poultry. However, the risk in the continental USA, which has a higher risk estimate than the EU, puts the odds of an egg being contaminated with salmonella at roughly 1 in 20,000
>>
Eggs come right out of the chicken's rectum
Chickens literally eat their own shit
Salmonella

I guess it might be okay if you washed them
>>
Avidin you knob, that's the problem. It's a protein in egg white that when consumed raw binds to biotin and renders it unavailable. So eat raw eggs and enjoy your B7 deficiency and all the skin, hair and mental problems it causes.
>>
>>9296696
This. You idiot.
>>
>>9296716
You would have to eat a fucktonne of eggs and very little vitamin B7 to notice this though. Ten grams of egg white inactivates roughly 6 micrograms of B7, of which you require 30 micrograms a day. Further, avidin is not going to bind vitamins eaten at different meals, so you would have to eat raw egg white with every meal in order to run a high risk. Even then, a healthy, plant-based diet is likely to include significant amounts of legumes, tomatoes, carrots, onions and cooked eggs (roughly 6 micrograms of biotin in each yolk!), all of which are rich in B7. Hell, if you're really that scared of avidin, eat a couple of hundred grams of almonds at some point when you're not eating raw eggs.
>>
File: chicken butt.gif (2KB, 200x160px) Image search: [Google]
chicken butt.gif
2KB, 200x160px
>>9296696
Kinda sorta, old sport.
>>
>>9296756
Kinda' makes you wonder if a hen could handle a DCDA, doesn't it anon?
>>
File: serveimage.png (82KB, 231x200px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
82KB, 231x200px
>>9296756
Not true, brainlet. Only faggots call others 'sport'. Faggot.
>>
In first countries with good cuisines, i.e. France/Italy/Japan you will find raw egg consumption.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.