[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't grocery stores with ready made meals sell hamburgers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Why don't grocery stores with ready made meals sell hamburgers and hot dogs? It's always potato wedges, wings, tendies, and whole chickens. Sometimes there is pizza, and the one near me is supposed to have soup but they literally never have soup.

Where are the hot dogs and hamburgers and classic fast food? You'd think as a meals to go they'd have these, no? Has anyone worked at the meals to go in a grocery store before? What was it like and why didn't you make burgers and hot dogs?
>>
you cant let hamburgers sit for 3 days in a display case
>>
>>9293672
Does the food there actually sit for that long? I was under the impression they made everything fresh each day
>>
>>9293672
This. It's hold time. I can get hotdogs, fucking gas stations sell those, but hamburgers are different as they're cooked to temp and hold for maybe 15 minutes tops....probably less than that.

On top of that, wings, tenders, and chickens require no bread so it's more cost effective.
>>
>>9293677
They don't. At the grocery I worked at, a fresh batch of chicken had to be made every few hours. The mashed potatoes were pig-disgusting though, they were artificial and sat under a heat lamp until they got a crusty skin on top.
>>
File: 43561382E.jpg (85KB, 600x491px) Image search: [Google]
43561382E.jpg
85KB, 600x491px
>>9293684
>his gas station doesn't sell hamburgers
>>
>>9293703
>every few hours

Jesus Christ. Is that even legal?
>>
The one I shop at does have a grill for burgers & sandwiches. Thing is, you're gonna have to wait a good 5-10 minutes for them to put everything together. I can't imagine a tray of burger patties sitting under a hot lamp or in a display case on a plate of lettuce leaves being as appealing as one that can be made fresh & cooked to order.
>>
>>9293664
beef is more expansive than produce or chicken so if any of it goes to waste then it would be a bigger punch in the dick than those other foods
>>
>>9293710
The US's food regulations are made so that infants, people with AIDS, and the extreme elderly will be fine. A few hours for cooked food without being kept at temp will be fine for the vast majority of adults. Food kept hot in a glass box will definitely be fine.
>>
I worked at one of these for a summer, had 3 big fryers and did lots of tendies, wedges, and fried chicken. There was no grill so no burgers. Also, like the other guy said, we put stuff in the hot case and leave it all day. After the day is over, we transfer the stuff to a cold case where it lives until someone buys it.
>>
File: big mac.jpg (86KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
big mac.jpg
86KB, 1000x750px
>>9293664
That's why you go to McDonalds or Hungry Jacks mate
>>
>>9293703
I seriously don't understand these sections of the grocery store. How can it possibly be profitable? Who eats there?
>>
>>9293664
Nothing else in our kitchen requires a grill, but a hamburger would. Hot Dogs I don't know, microwave or toaster oven those assholes like you do the rest of the pre-cooked safe meat.
>>
>>9295392
I read that they use store ingredients close to expiration in the ready made section

Honestly Safeway has really good (Americanized) Chinese food. $12 gets enough food for 3 days.. it's kinda shameful to think about living off it for half a week
>>
>>9293664
A grill to cook those on requires a lot of upkeep and energy compared to a fryer and oven. If you don't make food for an hour, an oven or fryer can just sit there, while a grill would need to be cleaned and prepped. Burgers and hot dogs also don't sell enough to be worth the investment.
>>
>>9295392
Our Kroger had a starbuck's franchise in it, a franchised sushi counter, and a store owned counter that did fried chicken, country sides, salads, and burritos. They got a regular line of people grabbing something to eat while they shopped, or people buying lunch for their kids while they shopped.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.