[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cooked a whole lot of elbow pasta? What should I do with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_7078.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7078.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I cooked a whole lot of elbow pasta?

What should I do with it to create a tasty dish?
>>
>>9292948

Too late now, OP. You should have asked that question before you cooked it so you could time everything being done all at once. Now your pasta is going to sit there and get nasty while you're still cooking.
>>
>>9292948
be sad because before you have anything good ready the pasta will be cold
>>
add mayonnaise and peas, enjoy your pasta salad.
>>
>>9292954
>>9292956
Don't listen to these guys; the pasta's going to get cold, yes, but you have to leave pasta out after cooking anyway in order for it to dry out and not get mushy. Make a nice hot pasta sauce and mix it back in, then serve immediately.
>>
>>9292956
why not just microwave it so it gets hot again
>>
>>9292948
Baking dish
Milk in
Noodles in
Butter and Cheese in
Do this for several layers, ending with cheese of course, and bake for an hour at 400.
>>
>>9292948
>I cooked a whole lot of elbow pasta?

I don't know, fucking did you?
>>
put some mayonnaise in it and pour yourself a tall glass of milk if it's too spicy for you
>>
why is it called elbow pasta?
>>
>>9292948

leave it to go completely cold. add canned tuna, sweetcorn, peas, mayo, and salt & pepper.
>>
>>9294223
trying to be a hipster cosmopolitan
>>
If i have a bunch of leftover macaroni i usually make a Swedish macaroni casserole called makaronilåda that i spice up a little. Very tasty and filling. Sometimes i make boil even a little more macaroni to make a huge casseroll that last for some days

Fry some bacon or something pancetta-like pork, saute onions, celery, garlic and optionally whatever vegetable you have at home (i like to at brocolli, never root vegetables though). When all that is done add some tomatoe paste, black pepper, paprika and generous amounts of thyme and let that sit for a while. mix in the leftover macaroni and transfer to a greased ceramic or glass oven tray. Pour over apporpriate amount of an egg and milk mixture with one dl of milk per egg and top with parmesan or some other mature cheese and breadcumbs. Bake at 225 C until the dish is set and not runny. Server with salad. If im feling frisky i will slice thin slices of butter and let them melt over the casseroll when its just out of the oven.
>>
>>9292965
Don't listen to this guy. Your only option now is to make a pasta salad. It's the only dish that can excuse your wanton desire to cook the pasta before the sauce.
>>
>>9292948
YOU FOOL
Cooked pasta only stays good for an hour, tops. You're going to have to throw out all that expensive pasta before you get anything prepared to go with it.

Cooking 101
>>
File: einfacher-nudelsalat-rezept.jpg (20KB, 354x266px) Image search: [Google]
einfacher-nudelsalat-rezept.jpg
20KB, 354x266px
>>
Real question here: in the US or elsewhere, it's really called elbow pasta, or is it just OP ?
>>
File: 13156086.jpg (42KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
13156086.jpg
42KB, 520x520px
>>9295705
>>
>>9295705
elbows or elbow macaroni.
>tfw you will never own a pasta company so you can make extra-large elbow macaroni and sell it as knee macaroni
>>
>>9296152
>>
mayo salad
>>
>>9296158
You think small
>not making extra-long, extra-thicc macaroni and calling it leg macaroni
>>
>>9295705
we call them little knees where I come from
>>
>>9296340
brain curls
>>
File: IMG_7081.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7081.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
OP here
ended up making simple tomato sauce

>fry sliced shallot and cut up pepperoni in some olive oil
>and minced garlic
>dump in a can of crushed tomatoes
>season with salt, pepper, dried basil and dried oregano
>add a splash of water, cover and let simmer for ~20 minutes
>dump in the elbow pasta
>cook for a little while longer
>enjoy

I forgot I don't have any cheese tho. Would add if I had some
>>
>>9293314
That will heat it back up, sure. But it won't fix the fucked up texture it will get from sitting there.

>>9293362
>bake for an hour at 400.
The pasta's already cooked bro. It doesn't need any more cooking. Hotdish plz go.
>>
use fussili next time
>>
anyone else just cook it as is and eat it without anything else? It's really comfy.
>>
>>9297794
I like to at least put some butter salt and pepper, or some olive oil, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes on it. Maybe some chopped fresh herbs too.
>>
>>9297823
red pepper flakes sounds great, I'm gonna try that tonight.
>>
Real butter, kosher salt, and garlic.
>>
>>9292948
just put some mayo on it and eat it.
>>
>>9296449
Nice and simple. Good job.
>>
>>9292948
Re-heat
Add Nutella
????
Profit
>>
>>9297823
Butter and some fresh parsley is ace.
>>
>>9292948
tuna fish
french dressing
cut up cherry tomatoes
>>
>>9296158
Lol knee knoodles
>>
>>9292948
>I cooked a whole lot of elbow pasta?
I don't know. Did you?
>>
>>9296158
You, I like you.
>>
>>9296449
looks great
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.