[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel a bit sad when meat goes to waste? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Does anyone else feel a bit sad when meat goes to waste?

I'm by no means a vegan. I love eating meat, and consider it kind of beautiful how different forms of life all transfer energy to one another in a sort of cycle.

Something just irks me about when you get a dipshit like HowToBasic, or even EpicMealTime to some extent, where they just waste tons and tons of meat. It just makes me remember that some poor animal died for no good reason.

I think it is totally possible to respect and appreciate your food source.
>>
Yes, I agree. Don't have much else to say. It's not like you can stop those people from wasting meat. You can just not watch the content and in turn not support it.
>>
Ultimately, we can only be responsible for our own actions and that means individually not wasting it. I know when I butcher my deer every year, I strip the bones clean and saw them up for stocks. I also eat the liver, tongue and heart. Literally the only thing I throw away are the head, hooves hide and intestines.
>>
As much as I'm probably a faggot for this, I agree.
>>
>>9292729
>>9292846
>>9292880

I am pleasantly surprised and appreciative of these responses. That's really unlike this board. Glad I am not alone in feeling this way.
>>
>>9292687
I agree OP, but I'm not sure why this is limited to meat. Wasting veggies is just as bad as wasting meat is. In fact you can use a lot of the same methods to reduce your waste. Just as how you can use meat trimmings, scraps, and bones to make stock you can do the same with vegetable trimmings.
>>
>>9292949
I agree. I feel bad when food goes to waste period. It's a waste of my money and everyone else's resources. Need to get better at planning.
>>
I think Native Americans had a pretty good philosophy on this. They appreciated and thanked animals when they slaughtered them and made sure to utilize as much as they physically could from the animal.
>>
>>9292949
Yeah but we are talking about a life when it comes to meat.
>>
>>9292687
>work in bbq restaurant
>most meats get reused in beans, pulled bbq chicken, chili, etc.
>always clean up around the cutting board and shove greasy bbq glob of mystery meat in my mouth cause I'm a broke college student

An animal died for some middle-aged man trying to prove a point to not-quite-finish a slab of ribs.

Meat is good. Excess is rude.
>>
>>9292687
I really dislike the mess
>>
>>9292687
I agree you should respect and appreciate it. Keep in mind that raccoons, stray cats/dogs or eventually bugs and maggots will eat all discarded meat at some point. So idk if it's bullshit but when I ended up throwing out leftovers or scraps this is what I tell myself to justify it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.