[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /ck/ deal with decision fatigue when it comes to choosing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: borscht.jpg (124KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
borscht.jpg
124KB, 500x327px
How does /ck/ deal with decision fatigue when it comes to choosing restaurants to go to? I live in bumfuck nowhere Indiana and still can never decide where to eat. This problem is compounded on vacation as between yelp, tripadvisor, etc, it's hard to choose just one place.

Also borscht thread.
>>
I don't go to restaurants, but I experience conflicting decisions when I think about shopping for dinner.

Simple answer is often what I go with. Meaning, whatever is cheapest and quickest to make while still being healthy.

Pretty much just turns out as roasted chicken, potatoes and carrots.
>>
>>9292343
It depends on where you are and what you mean by eat.
If I'm wanting something quick because Im lazy or running errands I'll either look up a local restaurants list on my phone or flyers that I've got in the kitchen. Then I go with whatever sounds best or haven't been to in a long while. If nothing sounds good I wait until I'm hungry enough that I have to make a decision, or just cook something myself.
To keep myself from getting burnt out selection-wise, along with cooking something new each weekend, I take one weekend a month to try out a new restaurant or take a trip to one out of town that I can rarely visit. Later this month I'm taking a trip to a restaurant called Lambert's. Pretty good desu.
What part of Indiana OP? Im an Evansvillefag.
>>
make a shortlist and put it on a wheel of fortune
>>
>>9292720
Over in the Fishers area. There's lots of restaurants popping up around here, but also lots of chains as well. I just recently finished a multi year diet that involved having to meticulously count calories/weigh everything out, so I've got a newfound freedom, but now a 'backlog' of places around central Indy that I want to try.

>>9292748
Yeah, I've started putting together a yelp bookmark thing and a sort of hitlist.
>>
>>9292754
>Fishers

I bet I've bumped into your fatass at the journey before
>>
Shit OP, me too. Dubois county area here, you?
Sucks living in a flyover shithole. Most restaurants are either Mexican or Chinese buffets. We got an ok Japanese place here a while back, but no one goes so it'll probably go out of business soon.
>>
>>9292343
>How does /ck/ deal with decision fatigue when it comes to choosing restaurants to go to?
Dice
>>
Satisfy vs maximize

That's what to comes down to. You sound like a maximizer. Eat out less and save up to go somewhere nicer half or 1/4 as often.
>>
>>9292759
>The Journey
I'm not so much into large operation buffets, I think I may have went there once when they opened years and years ago. I'm a real autist about wasting calories on cheap foods, though a Vietnamese party I went to that catered some crab from there wasn't half bad.

>>9292765
>Dubois county
Wow anon, I don't think I've ever been that far south. My impression of Indiana so far has been that most areas outside of central Indy are comfy little towns, at least from what I've seen driving through.

I'm surprised there's so many Indiana people here, any of you have any recommendations?
>>
>>9292775
>he doesn't waste calories on all you can eat sushi and fondue

Low energy
>>
>>9292781
tfw office worker
I'd prefer to work a high labour job and be able to eat whatever I want. CS degree was a mistake, the pay has just made me too content.
>>
File: 1399497143001.jpg (58KB, 422x495px) Image search: [Google]
1399497143001.jpg
58KB, 422x495px
>>9292795
>Mfw IT monkey

But yeah try Toucanos and Al Basha to drown your sorrows in delicious beetus
>>
>>9292775
If you're ever in Jasper, the best we have are Libby's ice cream shop, Yamato Steak House, Ohana's, and Los Bravos. But even then, besides Libby's, they aren't spectacular.
You're probably better off in Evansville, but I haven't been up there in a while so I wouldn't know what to recommend.
>>
Shiiiet, I forgot it's also festival season and there's about seven or so festivals I want to hit up too. I can't do it brehs, it's too much.

>>9292798
>Al Basha
My nigga, I went there when they first opened. I've tried other gyros around here but that and their shawarma's probably still my favorite in town. Sam's Gyros on 96th street ain't bad either, especially the spicy.

>>9292799
I'm an ice cream fiend, so Libby's already looks super appealing. If I'm ever down in that area, I'll make sure to check it out.
>>
>>9292821
Why don't you go to the fair? It's alright, living a long life is overrated. You don't need those extra 5 years, and you always feel better about your self after seeing the wildlife
>>
>>9292837
I'm heading to the fair next Tuesday night. I'm not going so much for it being cheaper(though that part's nice), but for the smaller portions. I like sharing food with other people but even sharing the regular portions at the fair would get you full long before getting to try most stuff.

I hear the deep fried oreos aren't as overrated as one might think. I'm jonesing for one of those at the very least and one of the egg cream sodas.
>>
>>9292343
>decision fatigue
Millennial faggot
>>
>>9292343
I don't think there's a solution to this problem, I have all sorts of different restaurants near me and still get board or have no desire to try somewhere new. trying an entirely different cuisine sometimes helps.

anyone try the CookingInRussia borscht recipe?
https://youtu.be/7obedUwIK68
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.