[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help! I'm about to try to steam vegetables for the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: steaming.jpg (94KB, 700x459px) Image search: [Google]
steaming.jpg
94KB, 700x459px
Help!

I'm about to try to steam vegetables for the first time. I bought new strainers just for this as my pot is a bit small and the other strainer I had was huge. When I put the smallest strainer I have into the pot now it goes fairly deep into the pot but it fits well enough.

My question is this: Is it a big problem if the strainer goes fairly deep into the pot? I'm worried I will have too little water and it won't steam well? Will it still cook alright?

I really have no clue what I'm doing please help.
>>
have you got a chinese supermarket near you? Get a bamboo steamer, they're the nicest to use.
>>
No no, to much water is always the problem. A thin skim of water is ok, because steam is ridiculously energetic compared to water. Steam your veg to a chewy finish.
>>
While reading up on how to steam vegetables I now have a follow-up question! These are the strainers I bought from Costco:

https://www.amazon.com/Sabatier-Stainless-Strainer-Baskets-Silver/dp/B0176B90PQ

Are they fine to steam vegetables with..? This online article told me to make sure the strainers were heat resistant but I'm not sure if these are.
>>
how many joules in the latent heat of vapourization? That's what's cooking your veg.
>>
Sounds like you are good to go, OP.

The strainers look good, and you can certainly use a small amount of water to get the same effect.
>>
>>9291146
>>9291150
Thanks so much!

To be clear I'm looking to cook these vegetables literally right now. I'm cooking rice and chicken right now (I've already done this numerous times and don't need help with those lol) and want to cook these vegetables with them. I used to boil them but I heard they lose their nutritional value doing that so I want to start steaming
>>
>>9291160
Thanks so much!
>>
>>9291142
What the fuck? You bought special equipment to do a particular type of cooking, and you didn't even make sure the stuff you were buying would be the right size and work for what you wanted to do? Fucking idiot.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.